TGM Rim

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by StrawmanAndy, Dec 2, 2018.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me (because I can't find anything relating to this). I've edited a TGM to fit a size I want, but I'm struggling to see or understand how you edit the rim width and size. Is it not possible to edit that?

I've got 180-550-R13x6 but I'd like 180-550-R13x8. So, how do I make the 6 inch into 8?

Ta muchly!

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The physics of the rims must the changed at the .TBC, but the graphic of the rim is part of the 3D model.

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Okay, so which part do I change in the tbc? Does changing the rim size/width effect the tgm?

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The width of the rim can't be changed from the physics side, you only can change the rim radius (at the .TBC)

You have to use the real rim radius from the .TGM on the .TBC other way if you use a bigger one the rim will overlap the sidewall of the tyre making it less flexible or even could avoid the tyre contact to the surface.

About the rim width, the .tgm define the shape of the tyre, and it's supposed that the rim follows it. You can't change the graphic width of the rim from the physics, it have to be done on the 3D model.

5. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Without knowing what tgm you started with and the desired outcome, it's hard to understand exactly what you are wanting but I will try to make it a little clearer.

If you started with a tgm 180-550-R13x6 and you want a regular tyre but 2 inches wider(which is what I am guessing you want) then you change the width multiplier variable of SizeMultiplier in the Realtime section of the TGM and the RimWidth in the TBC. Of course your 3d model of rim and tire must match. Understand though, that the tyre is not a 180-550-R13x8 but more like a 225-550-R13x8(I just woke up and in the middle of listening to JRE podcast about AI singularity, so that won't be exact)

If, however you were wanting to do something different like you see on "stanced" cars where you are fitting a thinner treaded tyre to a wider rim; then you will need to use the TGM spreadsheet to plot the tyre sidewall to suit. This will also require re-compiling the tyre through ttool.

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

So the front tyres I'm using is 175-530-R13X6 and I want to go 180-550-R13x8. Then the rears I'm using are 200-565-R13x8 and I want to make them 240-570-R14x10.

So the front tyres I've changed the SizeMultiplier tgm to (1.02857143, 1.03773585), while the rear I've done (1.2, 1.00884956) to get the sizing I want for the tyre. Did I do the correct changes to the tyres?

Now, for the rim width from 6 to 8 and 8 to 10, how do I do that?

7. JorgeAH

JorgeAH Registered

Hi guys, hi created my own car with differentes wheels so i have a doubt: should i create the .tgm and .tbc by the rf2 tool or just change the file from skipbarber copy?

8. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

What are the differences between your tyre vs skipbarber tyre? If you only change the realtime section no need to use ttool , if you change the size or materials you have to run it through ttool.

9. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

I would suggest you start you own thread rather than hjijacking this thread, people are responding to Op and having someone come in just causes confusion, no offense;).

You did the same in another thread too. Just start your OWN thread and you will get more specific answers to your problem.

JorgeAH likes this.
  10. JorgeAH

JorgeAH Registered

it has f1 2019 tire size

11. JorgeAH

JorgeAH Registered

im sorry mate, im new here