[REL] DATSUN BLUEBIRD SSS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by dazzer, Jul 14, 2018.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

@dazzer I take it that the 510 isn't supposed to match the SSS on track? Been busting my ring trying to keep up :)
    [​IMG]

Legend, Corti and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  2. dazzer

dazzer Registered

3. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Great work but you got to add the 4-door version one day as the 2-door sedan version, not the JDM Bluebird SSS coupe, seem to be rare in Japan and most countries only had the 4-door model

4. Godwind Racing

...also ran them with the Aussie V8 mods and Reiza's Puma GTE, so hope you don't mind with some criticisms

physics:
    The original KPGC10 and the original 510/Bluebird SSS mods were no faster than the V8s yet the updated Bluebird SSS (that raced with 160 bhp) were shown to be showing their advantages over the V8s at Bathurst and setting the fastest laps, including the 375 bhp Holden Toranas. They were also over 10 seconds faster than the Puma GTEs at Ibarra

Size:
    I noticed that the Bluebird is as wide as the Torana and out dwarfed the GTE - here's the wide of each cars without widearch since I cannot get data for the widearch A9X since no information is available so I had to provide that of the standard LX
    Datsun 510: 1560 mm
    Holden Torana LX: 1704mm
    Puma GTE: 1585 mm

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  5. soramame

soramame Registered

It is an article of Bluebird on which the privateer had been published in the japanese race magazine Autosport in 1970.
    (Translated by Google)

Blue Bird 1600 SSS (Owner: Akio Tanuma / Shimizu Shiichi / Other)
    The recent sedan races are divided up and down after the 1300cc, so the 1600cc car is in a very disadvantageous position. It is because the 2l machine of the upper limit surpasses the victory. The owner is also relatively few because of that. Bluebird is also in the old 411 era, 510 is a minority despite the full kit parts.
    In the case of Tanuma, which has become an all star overall 6th and 5th in class, the kit parts are high, so the standard parts are processed and tuned, and the 1595cc 4-cylinder engine gets 145-150 HP / 8000 rpm with Solex 44PHH . The oil cooler is for SR. The transmission is also 5th gear for SR. The differential has a differential lock for GTR. The gear ratio is 4.444. Tuning is Tomei. The suspension is McPherson on the front and semi-trailing on the rear. It incorporates optional parts supplied by Nissan Omori, and brakes use optional pads. The cost is about 800,000 yen in all. The best lap is 2 minutes 22-33 seconds in Fuji 6km, 1 minute 48 seconds in 4.3 km.
    Wheel base 2420 mm, 1270 mm before and after the tread, total length 1560 mm. Weight 800 kg. Fuel tank capacity 46 l. The tires are Dunlop Mark III 4.75 / 10.00-13.
    In the case of Shimizu Shoichi who won the overall 5th place in the all star, it incorporates most kit parts and tunes at Tokyo Nissan Ota. The engine comes with a Solex 50 PHH and 150 hp / 8000 rpm. Gasoline tank capacity 90 l. Weight 790 kg.

Although there is also in the text, few people used Bluebird in Japan, there are not many records on race cars.

6. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Kool, I used to drive a PL411. It had a Japanese version of the 1200cc Morris Minor motor. Fun!

7. dazzer

dazzer Registered

physical:
    on the fuji straight the datsun reaches up to 210kph, just like the real car.

size:
    I must check the size since I have found variations that affect, but unfortunately I can only make comparisons with the official content.

8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

it slides less IRL than in game I find!

Godwind Racing and Rui Santos like this.
  9. Godwind Racing

As for somebody who dislike spec racing, I had thought of pairing this with the other cars including those I've mentoned.
    What I forgot to mention was that whilst they show their weaknesses at Conrod Straight like they would in reality, they show their speed around corners and how are they able to catch up to the V8s from Griffins Bend upto Forrest's Elbow, I thought any 1600s didn't have the torque to beat a V8 up a hill. Also. I think it's to do with the tires or the wheel is too big or CGI model being big

May I suggest you pair them with the Aussie Legends mod and the Reiza DLC and take a look

Not certain how much power the mod cars had, also since I can't find the specs for it, the BRE car had 190 bhp
    The racing KPGC10 had over 240 bhp

Compare how much head clearance the driver has in both pictures
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Others:
    Besides a 4-door, as suggested, added on, likes to see things that can be added on such as bumpers, wheel arch variations, spoilers, etc

If you want to do the KPGC10, the guy to talk to trawls around the internet as HS30-H, very well known in the Datsun community. He also has replica of the race car

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I do not agree. I have used as a reference for the car the measurements of the skipbarber.
    Regarding the behavior of the vehicle, I recommend not using the ai as a reference.
    [​IMG]

Corti, Ari Antero and Mauro like this.
  11. Godwind Racing

Now you get my point when I said when the cars are as big as the Holden

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I understand the point, what I want to say is that to decide the size of the datsun use the skipbarber, which is official content and not a mod.
    I will review the size of the datsun again, but I think the problem is that the holden is also very small

Legend, Godwind Racing and Mauro like this.
  13. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

dazzer likes this.
  14. Godwind Racing

That's the point I was trying to convey
    I know I do not want to keep debating this since I wanted a GT Legends 3.0 and I wanted the 510 to battle similar cars like the Alfa GTA, Fulvia, 2002, etc like they did in Trans-Am rather than bigger cars like the 3.2 CSL, KPGC10, RS3100, etc who knows if this will happen
    I think it's the outdated tire that's making it go fast, it's that grippy given my experience with the Camaro GT3 and that was faster than the other official GT3s when they have never been IRL. Another suggestion, you could consider adding bias ply as an option.

Have a look at this, if ou haven't used it already http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but according to a past thread, S397 have refused to update this car after Skip Barber became bankrupt in 2017 and got sold on to a new owner thus the copyright deal no longer applies that's why it has been left behind.

15. dazzer

dazzer Registered

thanks for the information, I also want to see a gt legends 3 in this simulator
    I am aware that the ia works badly and that it is too fast, I still can not find the problem
    in terms of the dimensions of the vehicle as I said earlier I will review the points of comparison, but I also think that the holden is very small you just have to see the screenshots in sebring, sebring is a narrow track, but in the screenshots it looks bigger than it is.
    Also with the theme of dimensions should be taken into account that, for example, the celica and the corolla are smaller than the datsun, if I reduce the size of the datsun, the other vehicles will be really out of place.
    I appreciate all the information, I will review the information given to correct the problems.
    :D

Sebastien Sestacq and Ari Antero like this.
  16. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I may be wrong, but this I use as a reference for the size...
    fghfghfghfgh.jpg

Sebastien Sestacq, Corti and Mauro like this.
  17. hangon

hangon Registered

18. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Steam is applying it to any link that I published in the description.
    this is the same link.
    https://mega.nz/#!uLwn0CjC!EDjfP2ljjE0fMzKNnixIx3gdM4zPdJfY9sJiRWNv7Ng

Corti likes this.
  19. hangon

hangon Registered

Damn steam :mad:...thank you so much!!!

dazzer likes this.
  20. dazzer

dazzer Registered

the car's size adjustments were revised and only the width was wrong, both the length and the height are fine, I compared with more cars of s397 like the nissan gt500, all based on the original measurements.
    ñ´lñ´lñ´lñ´lñ´lñ´lñ.jpg

makan, Juwe Lahann, GeraArg and 7 others like this.