Released Formula E Gen2 + Lester Special Edition!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 19, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Kinda reminds me of the old MM WWII flight sims.(might have been called Air Warrior???) Some users discovered they could replace the cockpit and body textures with transparent items. This gave them nearly all around visibility, no blind spots. So, while I don't really like the Halo, if you are simming F1, then you should be forced to view the Halo. (and of course no driving from the roll bar view, nosejob view nor the rear wing) I may be slow, but I'm a nerdy purist slow.

Emery likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The haloish part, sure (the ring that runs around your head). The central part that completely blocks a portion of your forward vision when viewing in 2D should have a transparency option.

Filip likes this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

Full realism isn't and will never be possible on flat screen.
    Watching 2D picture with limited FOV is so unnatural and disadvantageous compared to real life racing.
    Even the bonnet cam or nose cam cannot compensate this.
    So forcing something like halo in the sake of realism doesn't make sense for non-VR users. Surely real racers don't race with big part of the center view blocked as Lazza explained.
    Force halo only in VR (if technically possible).

4. lagg

lagg Registered

I prefer the realism to be quicker.
    The halo in 2D isn't realist.
    I use VR and the difference is huge.
    With the screen, sometimes, is difficult to see the apex, other cars, etc.
    In VR, after two or three laps you don't realize that the halo is there.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I just bought a Track Hat device (trackIR), which I will receive soon.

I hope it will be a real +++ to see the APEX, more immersion, the halo and better view mirrors ....

This device will be coupled with a large screen (52") and a perfectly adapted FOV (47).

If that's good, I'll get you back to the forum ;)

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes share feedback. I don't want to sit with masked eyes at my home, so track device is interesting option. Honestly, never thought about it but with halo it could be nice. Still vr has a major advantage which is depth perception. But too much disadvantages.

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Formula E Gen2 Updated
    v1.07
    - Slightly increased tire grip

8. Moritz Hengelhaupt

Moritz Hengelhaupt Registered

Absolutely love the handling of the car, it’s a real blast, thanks a lot. The only problem I have is that the AI seems so much better under breaks, would be cool if you could make a sort of tutorial in how to use the settings of that car, because I have seriously no idea how to reach that level of break performance

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have a few questions.
    1. How to see the amount of charge left ?
    2. Is using first gear an option for greater energy regeneration when coasting to tight turns ? Is there a way to monitor regeneration ?
    3. This would be answered by first two, but how long a car is expected to last with 250kw mode ?
    4. Will the car loose power as it will get close to loosing charge ?

By the way I had great great time with FE recently. I only drove practice sessions and with full power and high regeneration levels. And in not typical FE tracks, which I don't own yet. With full power and high regeneration car actually feels very balanced, it just gets a bit over the limit, but not too much and gives exciting feel of extremes, but at the same time is rather confident, this is also contributed by the thing that this car is quite recoverable from big moments such as rear lock up when regenerating lots of energy aggressively, or when releasing insane amount of instant torque too soon, too quickly. It feels quite right.

I drove in Zandvoort and Miseluk tracks. Plenty of fun. Did a long single drives in both tracks, got surprised how long I could drive with 250kw, unfortunately did not follow the clock or amount of laps, forgot to check.

Most importantly car feels just right in the wet. Simply awesome. It gets really slippery, but it is not like the car would flip around instantly with 5degrees of slip angle, or 30percent of slip ratio. It is very awesome. Perhaps a bit easy with braking, but I might as well did not brake aggressively enough, comparing to how real drivers were failing in recent first ever FE wet race in Paris.

I love the car, low downforce, actual true car tires. It does drive like a car should drive. I wish it was a bit shorter though, I think it would bring even more fun and edge. Shorter and a little narrower. But it is already a normal size comparing to F1 giants.

I totally recommend this car.

lagg likes this.
  10. Christopher Elliott

Formula E Gen2 2019
    v1.11
    - AI cut corners less.
    - Slowed AI slightly.
    - Tiny increase in tyre grip, mostly at rear to cure oversteer condition.

Emery, pkelly, memoNo1 and 4 others like this.
  11. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi,
    Two things after this update :
    No disk glow on AI cars from cokpit view and in replay mod (test at Monaco and Zandvoort).
    No more flashing red light at the rear of the car.

12. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Formula E doesnt have visual damage model. Why?

13. Christopher Elliott

Turn on 100% damage and make sure invulnerability is OFF before loading the track.

pkelly likes this.
  14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Loving these updates guys keep it up!

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Finally, swiitched to FE gen 2 and Monaco track. Car looks great and feels good. I just wish it was way, way more fragile and lost parts on contact. Damage is at 100%, invulnerability is off, I never drive without damage. For example, when I hit something with URD T5 and lose front wing, it is devastating event, I _must_ pit to put new front wing, otherwise my lap time tanks. I don't watch FE IRL, but imagine those are as fragile as F1. I also believe gen1 was more fragile.

Now, Monaco track is simply fantastic. Greatly optimized, and track is insanely fun to drive fast. It took a while to learn that first GP turn is blocked :D

Thanks S397!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade and memoNo1 like this.
  16. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Have been in Bern last 2 days. I only could see one Formula E car, standing beside the track. Amazing those cars. :)

17. chisco85

chisco85 Registered

Good initiative to put the Formula E
    Very fun

18. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

19. Christopher Elliott

Formula E GEN2 - 2019/2020
    v1.37
    - Added all 2020 official liveries
    - Added top wing camera
    Note: For skinning the new wing cam - > Make sure to grab the updated template in ...rFactor2\Templates

20. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Can you please add team names for Mercedes and Porsche. Every team has it's name properly displayed apart these 2. Tnx.