Car body really really shiney

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Steve Olden, May 19, 2019.

1. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

from cockpit view the bonnet of the S397 GT3 cars are really really shiney, it looks as though it's just chrome and I can't see any colour. Most cars it's not an issue because you can't see the bonnet anyway but the AMG / Vette are awfull. It happens with std liveries and custom. (also the colour on the mirrors is effected in the same way). Even in the replay the bonnet seems way too shiney.

Is this a by product of the new paint system? Is it a bug? an oversight? Is there a way around this, or it it being worked on?

speaking of the vette, I can see the road through the gap in the bonnet infront of the windscreen?

F1Aussie likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

a screen shot would help. Have you made sure you are not using an older beta version of rF2. In steam opt OUT of the beta program.

3. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

You have to edit the alpha layer the graphic in that layer is probably to bright or to close to white try making it a shade of grey and keep going darker until you get the effect you like.

4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

GRAB_011.JPG GRAB_012.JPG GRAB_006.JPG GRAB_002.JPG

first 2 images are the "chrome" issue - the car is Dark Blue with Yellow Mirrors. The 3rd image is of the GTE Corvette as a comparison (still a bit too shiney on the right tho)
    Last image is the road through the bonnet on the GT3 Corvette. (plus strange effect on bonnet)

As the GTE corvette isn't so bad I suspect this is just a problem with the GT3 pack?
    (not noticed it on anything else or tried anything else since I noticed it on these)