AccuForce Pro V2 with rfactor2.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

not_him_59 likes this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Personally with my AccuForce V2 I don’t to much setting because I think rfactor2 game FFB is already a top notch. I use a pure game FFB with a little of smoothing ( 10%) and that’s it. With my motion system I can feel the car forces/behaviors so I use the steering wheel to react to these forces/behaviors.
    Edit: in SC4 I use High mode not the default mod as many usually use because with high mode I feel the FFB faster and less dead zone in the center.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

SimX doesn't want to encourage people to break a lot of coiled-cables but, rF2's is a special case and under normal circumstances, the steering-lock is far less than 1440 degrees, so I'm not sure it's that risky.

In terms of the FFB results, it should not be "wobbly" nor "grainy". I'm guessing a small amount of "Friction" will help remove the wobble, and some additional smoothing should solve the grainy feeling. For example: In AC, it's not unusual to run AF Smoothing at 200% in order to get a really clean & smooth FFB. It also provides a very nice rubbery feeling that I like. When you get it just right, you can have a good amount of detail but, still very smooth.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I use the AccuForce preset for my AccuForce Wheel. Yes, part 2 refers specifically to AMS itself. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

5. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Well I've made some progress with getting the wheel to work nice but it seems like there is a long long way to go. Trouble is I'm an old guy whose fed up with learning tbh so I struggle with stuff like this. I was hoping someone had a profile somewhere I could just install and use. I tried to use the auto tuning wizard for this but the profile produced for RF2 does not work for me at all. Much too strong too noisy loads of wobble, rotation of a tanker etc. Anyway thanks @RaceNut for your suggestions and everyone else who made a suggestion. I'll get something eventually...

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Have you checked the Owner's Club user profiles? When you "add a new profile" in SC4, you can choose to download user profiles (search by title, username, etc.).

I focus on the basics in SC4: Overall FFB strength / Smoothing / Friction (1-2%) and turn everything else off. rF2 FFB really doesn't need much else as it's a pretty full-featured FFB by nature.

If you haven't already, check out MockRacer's Guide (AccuForce). It gives a good basic approach to tuning FFB.

not_him_59 likes this.
  7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Turn every thing of.
    100 in FFB intensity
    I’m using High setting( most users use default setting) but I found that high setting there is no dead zone in the center and the wheel is more responsive.
    Don’t use friction.
    Smoothing 8%.
    And that’s it. Rfactor2 has a great FFB so no need to use to much setting in SC4.

Binny likes this.
  8. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Thanks to both of you above for your suggestions. I'm still trying out various things and getting used to the different feelings I'm getting, sometimes not sure if there is something wrong with it or it is just me being a novice...
    When it does hit the spot tho, it really does hit the spot, hopefully I can get it like that for all my sims.
    I'll be trying some of the user profiles a bit more now you reminded me of them. :rolleyes:

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  9. Binny

Binny Guest

just got a accuforce i use 90% in game FFB and only 70% intensity, agree RF2 FFB is great. will try the high setting. i have not tried changing the smoothing yet but will try yours out.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.