Race Grid Order By Class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, May 14, 2019.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

If I load up a multiclass offline race and I skip qualifying, the race grid is not in order of class.

Example: If I have LMP2 + GTE and I skip qualifying, the grid is completely mixed to start the race. The first 10 cars are a mix of LMP2 and GTE instead of all the LMP2 at the front and GTE in back.

By contrast, in PC2 when I skip qualifying, the grid is always in order of class, fastest to slowest. If I choose to start the race in P4, then I will always be P4 in my class instead of just P4 overall. rF2 doesn't do that.

So basically if I want an offline multiclass race in rF2 I must run qualify or the grid is all messed up. It kind of defeats the purpose of skipping qualify.

Thanks for listening.

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Run qualifying and the press "next" or "finish" session. Then the qualifying runs accelerated and the grid should be ordered

buddhatree likes this.
  3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

But that will put in me in last place overall, regardless of class. That doesn't help me.

If I put down a qualify lap and then use time acceleration or press "next" or "finish", the AI get ridiculous lap times and I'm last anyway.

I just want to skip qualify and choose my spot on the grid according to class.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Isn't there a program online hosts use to set qualifying? Perhaps something like that could be of use. (notice I'm hoping somebody with REAL knowledge will follow this.....) :)

buddhatree likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

That program creates an script that you launch in the textboxchat of the rF2 server to order the grid.
    I don't know if it´s possible to do in offline

buddhatree and davehenrie like this.
  6. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Proper functionality to set a starting grid for an offline race is what's needed.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

It's needed a proper functionality to set the grid in offline and online, but this is not going to happen until the new UI, for sure.
    At the moment, we have to look for a workaround.
    Is it possible to send chat commands in offline? If this is the case then you could use the same application used in the server to setup the grid.
    I don't know, because i don't use rF2 in offline.

VirusGR42 and buddhatree like this.