Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Only 24 pitstalls? That's not very much is it? Will the be more in the future? We need at least 32 or more.

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

As much as your suggestion makes sense, this is no excuse at all. How are they even testing all their other fixes work before release? Do they even launch the track? It took 3 minutes for others to realize the issue is still there, it's a very difficult one to miss tbh :rolleyes:

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm thinking this is marketed to the recent news that F1 will return to Zandy. 24 is all they need. I'd love to see more, and without the spawn points creating issues for the AI leaving the pits.

4. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

another sign of studio 397 abandoning the ai.....

UsedMomo and fsuarez79 like this.
  5. Travis

Travis Registered

Woke up this morning to an updated Zandvoort!

Thank you S397 for the update!

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

bwana and juanchioooo like this.
  7. tpw

tpw Registered

I'm always happy when S397 updates free or paid content. In the case of Zandvoort the track has progressed greatly from its rather drab original release, to a nicely detailed and vibrant track, with much better lighting and textures and improved performance too. It's a great track with a lovely flow and I really enjoy driving on it. But I feel sorry for the real F1 drivers trying to pass on it...

If the devs can fix the AI bug and the track menu bug where Zandvoort GP+Chicane gets its own separate menu item from the other 4 layouts (surely that's a trivial bug to squash), then I'll consider it up there with the best official rF2 content.

Mikk Quickmikk likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Most likely the cause of the separated track menus is another 3rd party track with an alternate layout. Somebody usually figures out fairly quickly which track is the culprit. However, you would then have to convince the author, if he can even be found, to change is menu names

tpw likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Surprisingly the often mentioned AI lap counting bug doesn't seem to have ever been mentioned in here. Some better system of bug tracking would probably help in many ways, or Richard could have a place or method to report them and list that on the first post. (Since this is nearly 3rd party, a 3rd party solution may make sense)

@tpw not trivial. Workarounds aside this happens whenever track names conflict, and has been happening with this and other tracks for years. It might be fixable in the current code but the new ui will surely - hopefully - take care of it.

tpw likes this.
  10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

FYI we have a fix for the AI issue, will get it out soon. Thanks for your patience.

Alex72, pkelly, fsuarez79 and 15 others like this.
  11. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

I have now 2 entries for Zandvoort one contains 3 layouts the other one 2 layouts. I think one is with the GP Layout with the chicane the other one is without the chicane. Could you fix this also?

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Just wanna apologise for my attitude for rf2 recently I don't even know why.... Its still my favorite sim. If I had to take one sim to an island rf2 would be it..
    Been a lot of negativity here and I've allowed my self to be swept up and contribute to it.

I appreciate the good work being done and want to personally say sorry to the whole team including the qa team

Dan

Alex72, pkelly, bwana and 2 others like this.
  13. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I like the quality of Zandvoort, but I've had a few issues.

Rain isn't reflecting against the track and is quite hard to see working on the track.
    [​IMG]
    Also real road looks weird at certain points. Also, my FPS is really low - 20 Audi GT3 and it's at like 30, what's going on?

I appreciate the track quality, but it's just really missing a lot. Is it just one solid model because the FPS is bad all the way round and I'm running I7, 980 gtx and normally fine anywhere I go.

Balazs Magyar and Juergen-BY like this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just suddenly wanted to be clear about TWO problems with Zandy and the AI. As noted, they don't get timed, and ....this may be related but I want to state it for the record.... some of the cars parked in back get stuck behind the armco and can't reach the track. As I said, the two may be related, I just didn't want to see a fix for the pitout line and then still have some of the AI drivers trying to crawl thru the armco.

(edit)
    Whoops, just tried to get a screen shot and found it wasn't at the garage area. Several cars clipped the inside curbing at the first esses(turn 2 to 3?) and rolled over the inside armco and ended up stuck trying to return to the track. Two sessions, there the past two days and at least two cars each session stuck on the inside of the track. Gt3 cars from both GT3 DLC paks.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    jayarrbee36 likes this.
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Is that the on and off throttle /brakes to corner issue or the wet pitting issue or the laps times not being recorded issue or is it something else?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@2ndLastJedi it's not either of the first two, because they're major issues and nothing to do with the track. But I think you know this...

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  17. Boomer20

Boomer20 Registered

Its turn 3, the right hander. The curb is more like a gutter and I've noticed on some other tracks, usually classic tracks, that the AI doesn't handle riding such aggressive curbs well. I ran various mods on Zandvoort last night and they all have cars spinning off at that corner cause they go in too hot and unsettle the car over the curb. With open wheelers it becomes a bit of a wreckers yard after a while.
    In one instance using the 1986 F1 mod I had 5 cars in a train all spin off together from riding the curb.

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Track at 4:30 am.....i can see the sun light so early morning. practice mode

Attached Files:

pkelly likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not actual sunrise yet? Zandvoort has sunrise as early as 5:20 from a quick Google search, so depends what date they set the track to.

20. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

^