Released Formula E Monaco E-Prix 2019 NOW Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 10, 2019.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

That is the issue s397 are having atm. They're bringing new content, like Nurb and more cars, but issues regarding the game or past content is just being passed up. If you listen to reviewers or the public, they like the new content (it's awesome) but the same issues that existed before are still here so rF2 still has that love/hate relationship. Really need to fix/update current stuff, then bring the new tracks so we can enjoy it without the current bugs.

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

the difference is that on iracing you buy and you can go directly to have fun online with xxx iracer, here you buy why in the end? drive with a failed AI... like many I lose patience and like the others I will go to see elsewhere...I don't think I'm buying anything anymore without the competitive mode

too much soon kill the soon...

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Post-UI will be the indicator. There's been plenty of communication (in places) about the level of work that's gone into the new UI and its associated systems, so you can understand why some issues have taken a back seat (though at least there's been some solid work on the freezing issues, so that's good). The updated graphics and systems will also have taken dev time rather than just the content creators.

So when, finally, we get the UI out, we'll see what transpires in other areas. I guess in the meantime it makes sense to bring out content to bring in revenue, and that content will work with any fixed/new features in future.

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Answering some questions here about refunds. This is controlled by Steam/Valve and you can visit this page to get more help on what you can refund and how (login to Steam, the page is personalized to your account):

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

If you want a quick overview of all your purchases, check out this page:

https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/

From that page you can also look at specific purchases and request refunds. I hope that answers some questions.

Levelup1, Travis and marvelharvey like this.
  5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

6. Leynad

Leynad Registered

FE 1st gen got a lot better with the 2018 update and 2nd gen is even more fun with a decent setup. On default the diff is a bit too loose (especially on power), the weight a bit too rear-biased and the brake-bias too much front for my taste.

I did some short testing to check what cars can actually can go around the track on full lock without a Scandinavian Flick. All Reiza cars working great and no problem as well as the Radical SR3, USF2000, Flat 6 and Skip Barber, even last one is close. No chance with the LMP3 and GT3 is possible, but certainly no fun.

xerofer likes this.
  7. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Sadly I was not able to receive a refund, as I am now over the 48 hour window. Oh well.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I bought the gen2 cars when they got released and now I bought Monaco, both for full price and I'm happy with the quality of both items. But I agree it was very disrespectful to faithful customers by Studio-397 and it is even more disrespectful that they don't even reply to any of the complains, they could at least admit that they made a mistake and say they are sorry and maybe give a voucher to be use for a future release like the Nurburg Ring or something

9. Paulo Silva

Paulo Silva Registered

Hello friends, first of all I apologize if something comes out of the context of what I would like to say because my native language is not English.
    I would like to give an opinion on my case, I bought the content as many to support regardless of the opinion of buying in advance or not, see in my local currency (Real, R $ Brazil) the difference of the bundle package for the single purchases is of R $ 35.32 or a considerable amount, I think many complain rightly, not that I need this money, but it could be a boost for another package, I was disappointed by that. I will not stop buying products that I want, but I will have to wait some time to make acquisitions so that this does not happen again, it is with the mistakes that one learns.
    At last frustration defines me.

xerofer and Rui Santos like this.
  10. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

@Paulo Silva
    That's exactly how I feel, never let the same dog bite you twice

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Paulo Silva and Rui Santos like this.
  11. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I will not try to refund Monaco. This is no solution, as I want to drive that track and what should happen after refunding? Waiting for years when the track will be discounted during a special week? Puuh....seems it was bad luck to me to buy the E-GEN2 that early.

To be clear:
    I think the track and also die Formula E Gen2 is its money worth, the full price. This is no point for me. And 3€ I spent more now is also a value I don't think too much about..normally. Only the way how this happens is frustrating to me. I can absolutely understand if there is content which can be put to a package to promote sales. And I can also understand to reduce the price...and I don't have any issue when this is taking place later after the release date. Normally to that time I had a lot of fun with the content and paid some € more with pleasure. Absolutely no problem.

In the end there are losers on all sides. I will try to restrain myself when new content comes out because perhaps 2 weeks later we will be more clever and it seems you can be a stupid one when buying and supporting the first day. Or waiting for special offers...means waiting and forego (which is not easy) then paying less money, although I would normally be willing to pay more....

All in all very unfortune and the feeling to have been taken for a ride.

12. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

That's correct, my fault. Thanks!

13. xerofer

xerofer Registered

After mentioning my dislike about S397 sales strategy, I feel also obligated to give my opinion on the track.

Having followed the Fe practice sessions, it’s fair to say they did an excellent job recreating the venue. It looks stunning and drives very well. The road mesh feels top notch and the accuracy is breathtaking, thanks to LIDAR data. I really like this layout. Should be fun in other classes, too. As others said F-Vee et al.

Better yourself next time S397 and all should be great. ;):rolleyes::)

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. tpw

tpw Registered

I wonder what percentage of FE related sales are driven by people like me who buy content they’ll rarely use in order to support core development of the game itself. That’s the “contract” I’ve made with S397. As soon as it looks like DLC are solely being used to fund development of more DLC, then I’ll stop buying it - beyond the UI, there are so many things that need working on in rF2.

StrawmanAndy and Rui Santos like this.
  15. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Go to 8:56 :D

Edit:

I don't find any onboard lap with the new car :p

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade and Levelup1 like this.
  16. xerofer

xerofer Registered

DRIVETRAIN SIMULATION
    for gods sake:rolleyes:

mr.Sw1tchblade and Ari Antero like this.
  17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hmm. Not much money extra but i would have bought the Gen2 and Monaco as a pack if i knew it would come. Bought the car just before i heard about the track and now there is a pack. Again, not much money but feels so so when its so close together. Would have waited a few weeks if i knew there would be a pack.

18. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

the criticisms that are repeatedly called I do not understand. Before we get it wrong, I also want to see the new UI and the existing bugs fixed. but I also know that working on bugs and new content either does not work the same people or it's just another work in progress. we all have criticized the few content in RF, now we get content (and even the best that is currently available) and we can not think of anything better than criticizing that or the other. We should all bring a little more patience and be happy that Studio 397 RF continues to live.

David Kolody likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Speaking about criticism. Where are trees on the right before t1 and what's up with the barrier placement and length of t1?

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Indeed, You have I7 8700K, RTX 2070 etc., are living in Sweden and if you go out in Stockholm and buy a cup of coffee and one doughnut it cots as much as E Monaco o_O
    Come on mate, DLC is used to support core development of the game itself and you can afford that. ;)

vittorio likes this.