What does competition system consist of

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

@TCLF I am sure the system won't be perfect right out of the gate. That said, let me try to address some of your concerns.

First of all, we can support both competitions where each event has only a single race, and ones where you have multiple of those. In the case of being able to join multiple races a week we will try to have an algorithm that looks at all of them and determines who was best that week based on a combination of all of the results. That doesn't mean our algorithm to split the field based on SOF will be perfect, but I certainly hope we will do good enough not to make you want to stop racing altogether.

Your example of a "first turn pileup" is a tough one. Even in real life you see race control making different decisions in such cases. Honestly, I am not sure yet how we will or should handle it. Red flagging sounds rather harsh. A safety car sounds more likely.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think the pileup is natural thing for a race from time to time. The only way to fight it would be making drivers to race responsibly and cool at the start, especially in the mid pack. Will there be any system to register contacts with other drivers, or any kind of such penalty for poor racecraft (or lack of luck :D) ?

Sebastien Sestacq and Alex72 like this.
  3. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Yes, we will have to have something like that, @mantasisg

4. Binny

Binny Guest

Any info on league racing using the competition system ?

5. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

Is the new UI / Competition system going to be VR friendly or is it going to be a Headset on/off all the time type affair?

Ricardo Diz and Binny like this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

I use Oculus desktop and it works pretty well.
    My team mate uses it, and doesn't have screen in his computer.

t0p5ecret likes this.
  7. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

I prefer driving rF2 by a country mile but I will say as of late I am addicted to the Raceroom competition setup.

I also hope the competitions here will include a similiar time trial leaderboard.

8. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

actualy SRS have also a rF2 app. but there nothing goes on. all action only in AC.
    for me would be enaug dedicated 24/7 rF2 (oficial 397 server) where lets say some mods and tracks goes around for some time, then changes. i remmember some years ago was nrs2003 openspeedway server where 3 tracks and basic car went on and on, and there were allways a drivers.
    I also dont have time for leagues, but i love to race some fast popup server races. remember, the same with gtr2 - full openserver, and race was every hour or every two hours at brno track. basic content and many many drivers.

Staenker and GeraArg like this.
  9. Staenker

Staenker Registered

I just registered for that system, but I can only see competition results, no current competitions. Is that because I did something wrong, or because there's nothing going on in there atm?

10. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

i dont see any races there atm. (actualy never saw)

11. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

the SRS system isn't going to use rF2 again at least until the new UI is out and proven stable..even then it may be tricky for them as the game is constantly updating.

Fremen78 likes this.
  12. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Something like iracing would be fantastic. Is there any pricing model focused on?

For iracing there is a monthly fee, ACC will not have this kind of multiplayer mode as the costs are too high for it. At least for its start end of this month.

13. Binny

Binny Guest

i hope they do not follow iracing in 1 way & that is all content can and will be able to be played OFFLINE.
    As with iracing you cannot and IMHO that means you are only leasing the content as you have to pay to use what you are suppose to own.

14. Depco

Depco Registered

If they take on an iRacing style competition structure they will need to figure out how to allow drivers to race against drivers who are driving cars they dont own. If the server has the GT3 pack and the additional GT3 Challengers pack but the person joining only has the challengers pack and intends to drive a car in that pack, then they should be able to DL the content but not use it. This is something iRacing does very well. I suspect that the usage of steam is problematic in this regard.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Steam is not the problem, RR, PC2 and (I think) AMS works that way
    It's rF2 choice.

16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

It would be nice from user's perspective, but I wouldn't count on it for various reasons. Also, I may be wrong but I don't think AMS has it.

17. J853

J853 Registered

I hope that they copy how iracing's system works. The multiplayer is what makes that game popular and attracts lots of real drivers.

The main thing missing in rfactor 2 is the ability to just 'drop in' and do a race, when you get the time. I think the multiplayer is the main drawback in what has been probably the best sim racing game for some time. Unfortunately this is the aspect of simracing that is getting popular and has revenue opportunities (I'd pay a monthly sub for iracing style multiplayer).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    David Kolody likes this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would like some way to block the 3 million variations of usually league versions of tracks like Silverstone. I have Silverstone, I want to race at Silverstone, I don't want to wait while megabytes of different 2018 or 2009 advertising signage gets downloaded.

mantasisg, David Kolody and Filip like this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Nothing about CS in simexpo... :(

20. williang83

williang83 Registered

This waiting is already beyond ridiculous that I basically gave up. It is just a matter of my new graphic card arrive and i'll sign up for iRacing.