"Bad file descriptor" ?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sweetch, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Sweetch

Sweetch Registered

Hi all,

I've got an issue with multiplayer games ... I tried to find a solve on several forums but without success.

When I try to join a server with components I don't have, I pass checking step, download window appears but download doesn't start and I get an error message in red "bad file descriptor".

For your information, I played one day and everything was ok. After that I've had this issue. I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it but issue is still there, even with server where download worked perfectly the first day.

Any idea ???

Thanks a lot !

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. Sweetch

Sweetch Registered

Allready tried :(
    ISI support answered me :
    "This means the mod you do not have is not on our getmod service. You need to MANUALLY find, MANUALLY download and MANUALLY install the missing mod."
    I asked him why it worked fine few days then doesn't work anymore ... On the same server without any change.
    And I don't know what is their "getmod service".

4. Sweetch

Sweetch Registered

Well !
    Answer of ISI : How do you know the server did not change? Is it your server?
    :D
    Anyway, I don't known what magic trick happened but it seems to re-work now ...............
    The only thing I do : I just downloaded & installed a mod manually, try to join a server with this mod and download of the track started ...
    After that I tried to join a lambda server and mod & track started.

Ok .... Probably a bug ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hum.

5. Sweetch

Sweetch Registered

I don't like magic trick ... I want always find the "how" :D
    When I installed manually the mod I saw package Dir was .../bin32/packages/ and ... It did not exist ! I changed directory to .../rfactor2/packages/ and it got the mod. I just tried to make reverse and I get the "bad file descriptor" message.
    So ... It was a bug ! But I really don't why the directory of packages has been changed ... and for a unreal directory.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I'm having the same issue. Cannot join a single server as the mod download fails with the error.

upload_2016-12-22_19-19-37.png

And the issue is 100% with the game as if I use my software to download and install everything it works fine...

Below is a different server but same track. Had gotten same error too. So, please check it out, I'm sure it some bug on your side.

upload_2016-12-22_19-20-21.png

7. Sweetch

Sweetch Registered

B1K3R likes this.
  8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

So your suggestion worked! It seems if the path does not exist than rF2 does not create it by default and gives this error.

Quite misleading in my opinion and there should be a check and an alert to the user by the app :)

Thanks!

wrxxy, Flaux and Euskotracks like this.
  10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Had the same issue some days ago...

11. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx this just helped me also not sure why path changed.........

12. Tambe

Tambe Registered

La descarga de dropbox no funciona, alguien tiene el contenido que lo pueda subir?? gracias

13. GER KA

GER KA Registered

hi guys. I am new here and i have the same problem with (bad file descriptor).it was working ok at first on (F) and suddenly it stop working and it came out this message(bad file descriptor) so i uninstalled (R factor and Steam) and reinstalled
    but nothing worked ,again the same problem ,the same message .
    So I transferred it to another disk το (C)and it worked flawlessly.I tried it several times and it only works on C what is the problem? I cannot understand. Please your help it has driven me crazy. MY REGARDS