[REL] Palatov Motorsport D4 2.05

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, May 17, 2017.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This car is great to drive around Norisring. Thank you, Marco.

Slow Motion likes this.
  2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post has been updated with new build 1.93.

Here below you can read the main improvements:
    • new 2018 body, rear wing, rims into new 2018 classes
    • new 2018 AIM dash and gauges
    • full rain and damage (scratch) to body + driver + helmet + visor (available for all classes)
    • tuned physics due to new 2018 rear wing (Mr. Palatov tech info)
    • new “real time” section of TGM tires (available for all classes)
    • new onboard cam POV (available for all classes)
    • updated engine for overheating (available for all classes)
    Special thanks to Chris “redapg” for 3D, help and suggestions.
    Please note, the mod structure is very complex due to the several available updates and 2 main groups of cars (new 2018 and old one). Please report, if you like, any issue you will find. Thank you and enjoy this new build!

3. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

Thank you for this amazing car!

pkelly likes this.
  4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

As promised, it is now time for a quick update of the D4... build 1.95 (probably) will come with:
    - NEW Hi-Res visors that allow rain drops and new template
    - NEW "tear-off" visor effect
    - updated damage file

Here is the link to the new template for visor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sci5qsiz1gx1bwy/D4_Rain_Visor_public.psd?dl=0

In the screenshot below you can appreciate (also if static image) the simulated tear-off effect from right to left:
    20181002175917_1.jpg

This is another great addition developed by Chris "redapg", already available for the GP3 mod and that we are finalizing to share with the community.
    Basically we have applied the Wiper feature to the visor for simulating a tear-off visor, setting the action every 32 seconds at slow and every 16 seconds at fast speed.
    In this screenshot there is also a simple gauge (right side, behind the steering wheel most of the time to be not invasive) that helps in "understanding" when the "tear-off" happens, but we are still evaluating if including it in the public pack...
    More detailed info asap. Thanks.

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post has been updated with the new build 1.95

6. clark10

clark10 Registered

hi @Slow Motion ! thank you very much for this mod, was already very good but the 1.95 version is a blast.
    really excellent !!

concerning the visor , I got the template but what should be the naming .? alt-xxxxEXTRA6.dds ?

here after a work in progress skin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Yes, ...extra6 is the special name in use for the the customization of the visor. Of course the prefix depends of the class in use (dp4_c or dp4_h or dp4_td)

clark10 likes this.
  8. clark10

clark10 Registered

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

First of all I wanted to say big thanks for the nice and polished content, combined with Oregon tracks, really enjoying it.

I noticed "real force feedback" in the upgrades and it made me wonder about two things:
    * Does D4 have power steering in real life?
    * How could I configure my steering wheel to match real feedback force as closely as possible, if I do know my wheel Nm. Should I keep per vehicle multiplier at 1.0? I understand this is way too generic question, but still would appreciates hints/suggestions.
    Cheers :)

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

My apologies for delaying in answering, but without @me... I do not follow the forum daily.

Answers are:
    - no D4 haven't power steering in real life and the strength is very very high. I was surprised during the development...
    - no idea in Nm, because at the time of development we used G25 and G27. I sent to the manufacturer a specific upgrade file with ten different FFB strength to be tested with the specific ratio and degrees of the real car and the manufacturer tested each option reporting the one to be applied using multiplier = 1.0 and default values into the Logitech driver.
    On my side I can only say that the FFB was excessive to me and I decrease the multiplier to 0.6 for driving the car.

11. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Hello,
    the RFRO league (France) organizes a championship with the Palatov mod.
    We have problems with the mod during collisions.
    The server registers the majority of car/car contacts as with a fixed object, ("immovable") and not as with another vehicle ("another vehicle"). This reminds us of the distance concerns that existed when the GP3 mod from the same designer was released.
    A solution?

toto2b likes this.
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sincerely, no idea at all because at the time of the GP3 the problem was due to the modifications to the code of rFactor2 at the time coders were programming scratches and new under shadows.
    I might investigate, but I'd need other info and a comparison with other mods because I can't be sure that something more was changed in the code... If you can be of help and you have time, please pm.
    Thank you.

mixer61 likes this.
  13. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

Hello @Slow Motion,
    I do not know if this could be useful to you but here is a small video that shows the concern. As soon as there is the slightest contact, one of the cars always spins, even if the contact is very light.
    Cordially

mixer61 likes this.
  14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well I checked the mod and I confirm everything is as it should be, nothing changed due to improvements to rF2.
    Collisions work as well as "frictions", etc... The mass of the car is about 400 kilos, very short / compact and the behaviour / spin in case of accidents is what the manufacturer agreed long time ago.
    About contacts (immovable vs other vehicle) I don't know

15. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

Thanks Slow Motion for checking the mod. All that remains is to get used to these very light and responsive cars. In any case, a big thank you for your achievements that are always extremely pleasant and great qualities.

makan, pkelly and Slow Motion like this.
  16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Slow Motion

Hello. I have a problem with the mod. I cannot get the steering wheel in sync with the mod. Set Vehicle is activated. Player json has been edited. It works with all mods. Unfortunately not here. My Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5. please take a look at this.

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Short explanation and quick way to fix it in 2 ways:
    - deactivate "Set Vehicle" AND set steering at 480 degrees (using the default steering option for the mod)
    OR
    - select the option for the steering wheel of the mod to "Variable Steering Wheel Rotations" AND into the garage setup set it to 450 degrees

The first choice gives a fine tuning BUT doesn't work with the new web UI
    The second choice allows you to set directly into the setup of the garage 450 degrees (not 480), BUT works also with the new web UI

I prefer to avoid any explanation about the reason... it is better.

memoNo1 likes this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you very much Marco!
    Keep it on!:cool:

Slow Motion likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Dear SMMG Team please update this mod for the new UI.

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Planned, but no time... The mod counts tens and tens of cars.
    Boring and annoying also using the online tools of Chris and just for having icons in the "new" ui...
    I prefer to be focused on the F3 and the ETCC03 in the next months, but as I said it is planned!

Than you for appreciating the Palatov D4.

makan, pkelly and memoNo1 like this.