Latest Roadmap Update -April 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's exactly what it is.

It's not the end-state, it's functional and ready for improvement.

You guys aren't looking at the goal, you're looking at basically what we have now but built on the new GUI system which also incorporates the competition structure and all that. They made it clear the first goal is to replicate what we have now at first. Stop expecting a revolution on the first release, the competition stuff is already a big change.

AMillward and ADSTA like this.
  2. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thats simply not true. They were already done incorporating all features of the existing UI nearly 2 years ago. Thats right 2 years. This is from Roadmap August 2017. They were very close to public Beta release.
    upload_2019-5-1_13-24-13.png

So...if they have been working on this non stop since (content makers arent coders remember) something revolutionary for sure must be expected.

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Really?!!

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Hope you're right, by this time i was expecting to see something more complex given the time it's been on the works and for sure we're closer to the release...

Fremen78 likes this.
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In the roadmap:
    One important one is the matchmaker, which will make a triumphant return back in game! For now it’s the bare minimum to assure it’s working, but we intend to use the flexibility the new UI allows us, to add more features.

Ozzy, mantasisg and Filip like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Mibrandt Most of us have been here for at least 2 years. I know what they said.

They also said this in the March roadmap: "So, what is left to do? Mainly the features that are currently in the Launcher, two of which are crucial: the matchmaker showing the list of servers and the package management system. The matchmaker will receive some love as we will add features to see if a server has players or AI on them and we will also add more detailed information about each individual server. The package management system will be extended to allow you to directly browse the workshop and our item store, so all content can be managed in one single place."

Go back through the previous roadmaps... mentions of the competition system being tested, integrated into the UI.

Also bear in mind all this content built on new graphics technologies needs the graphics technologies in place. So although coders don't make the models, you can bet they're well involved with helping to plan what's actually available and making it work - and trying to keep it running as well as possible.

We've seen functional improvements in some UI shots, and maybe we'll see some in the matchmaker soon. I just don't get people getting upset that certain areas of the UI don't have much new stuff compared to what we have now, and I think people underestimate how big a job it is to completely restructure something in the background. It's not outwardly rewarding work, you can spend hours upon hours building again from square one and end up with basically what you had before from a user perspective. The key is to plan the rebuild in such a way that once you've done it you're in a position to add the elements people want without needing to make a mess of your code (which is probably what happened the first time).

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

"Work In Progress" :)

8. Emery

Emery Registered

Content news: great.
    Matchmaker news: snore. Only because the first visual does not have any improvements over the current one, so I'm not sure what the point was of showing it.
    Competition news: snort (not a snore, but not applicable to people outside the few who can take part in these competitions).

9. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I like the new Roadmap, its short and yes the new UI is not here, but Rfactor is alive and thats great. thanks for that goes to studio 397, which seems to forget some here, without Studio 397 there would not even be a roadmap in which the UI is only announced.......
    One Question to the Monaco Track; has this more Layouts? So the Formula 1 GP Layout is included? Hope so......

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I didn't said i don't understand or i'm ungrateful with studio397, we're only talking about the screenshot that was posted, which is poor and says nothing to me!

FYI i've bought all content from S397 and barely use it, so i guess i'm supporting them...

Christian Wolter likes this.
  11. Emery

Emery Registered

Prepare for disappointment.

graphicaluserinterface and Mauro like this.
  12. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I did not mean you or your statement, was more general......

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Pales

Pales Registered

Again, the transparency is so poor. Rather than providing images, why not release a video to showcase the UI? This has been in development since 2017 and is simply a reskin; with an added competition system. We've only seen a handful of images over the years, despite this being close to a 'beta' release in 2017!

I am quite surprised you haven't released an official blog on this.

UsedMomo likes this.
  14. sg333

sg333 Registered

If it's free, then great. However, I can't see many people paying for a track which will have extremely limited use outside of the FE car. Even the real life FE track is barely passable as a racetrack for those cars.

F1Aussie likes this.
  15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Several categories and types of cars can ride on this kind of circuit. ;)

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Indeed and just to mention few, cars like Disetter, Howstons, EVE/Spark F1, Cobra and Boxmaster etc can ride at Formula E tracks:rolleyes:

17. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I don't see why we shouldn't expect a revolution. Take PCars1 to PCars2 as an example - complete UI revamp within 2 years (ok they have a bigger team, but AC Content Manager UI+ was made by one or two guys)

Fremen78 and fsuarez79 like this.
  18. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

That's good, but what of the Oreca L/D ratios, and the grip problem with RealRoad in the rain?

19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

They should be ashamed to say it's taking them 2 years just to do the bare minimum :confused:
    At this pace I'll be dead by the time they start adding new features.

20. Stevy

Stevy Registered

everything (except new content) is painfull slow here.

Ciccina2016, F1Aussie and UsedMomo like this.