Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And then there are drivers like me, who move from slow to ... well.... more slow.

[NAR]Steve, JimmyT and GeraArg like this.
  2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I like to think I've progressed from "really slow" to "Medium Slow". I avoid modern F1 cars so the pressure exerted on my fragile ego doesn't implode my skull. :(:p:D

JimmyT likes this.
  3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

If we’re taking an unbiased look here I think we need to realize that rfactor2 has some work to do in terms of quality. The Aston has some issues with the wheel, the Porsche wheel is missing the center stripe which was reported as a big months ago, the merc ffb is off.

I have fun in rfactor2 at times. But I need to hold them accountable for subpar quality at the moment. I haven’t seen these types of issues in similarly priced content from anyone else.

Steve Olden, tpw, EsxPaul and 7 others like this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Not really true. The Reiza bundle was priced in similar fashion and had more severe issues than the car DLCs and tracks released by S397 combined, yet people weren't as harsh with their comments as with S397. I can overlook it, but can you or anyone else? The same way I could argue that Slightely Mad using modern tyres for vintage cars is just as bad if not worse depending on what you are looking for in a sim.

The discussion above was not aimed at graphics quality of the DLCs, wich needs to be fixed for the S397 cars, and I guess noone including S397 themself is questioning that. But that might come later with a material update for the cockpits and a new dash system implementation. And that's not really a bug but an engine limitation, that needs to be solved.

What really would have been interesting to know is how Nicki feels about the physics of the car. And that point is completely pissed in the whole discussion.

Emery likes this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

thing is reizas last update to a whole pack, is bigger than what s397 has done to one of their dlc in a year.

Difference is reiza fix their issues.

and that is why reiza has the better rep in that dept.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Emery, EsxPaul, tlsmikey and 4 others like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There are several examples of S397 getting their stuff fixed, one is on the last page. I wonder how much more they need to do before people stop posting such nonesense. It's allways "Slow and greedy S397, amazingly fast and perfect Kunos, Reiza or whatever". Next to the fact that I still see issues with the pack that should have been fixed before release. S397 is developing their own engine and produces new content for it, while Reiza is producing "just" the content for a game. Just to put that into perspective.

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I didn't say "Slow and greedy S397" at all. I admire s397 a lot., I just think they have a lot on their plate and too much to fix. Its all too much content all too soon with projects on projects. and nothing really finished.

just how it is mate.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Travis, mr.Sw1tchblade and Marisa like this.
  8. Filip

Filip Registered

Wait a minute, what about standard argument of separate content development team and engine development team? What does developing engine has to do with fixing/improving dlc?
    That said I am not saying anything about S397 dlcs, I am satisfied with them. What I want to point out is Reiza addressing almost all issues reported few weeks after release. And that was plenty.
    I haven't seen changelog that big for a dlc.
    Well done!

Will Mazeo likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That argument is used only when it fits LOL

Filip likes this.
  10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am not saying that Reiza is doing a bad job job. But it is obvious that they struggled in a few areas and that some areas should be more refined before you release such a package. Some of it should have been in the release allrdeady. The lack of proper turbo support for the AJR is one example. If you read the feedback from @MaD_King you will understand it a even better. What annoys me is that people mostly meassure with different standards. Someone remembers the shitstorm for the first enduracer release? And most complaints come from people who never wrote a line of code or oppened a psd.

11. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@hitm4k3r
    people who never wrote a line of code- this is not an argument. We are talking about consumer product. And i(we) am end user.
    I am sure current racing sim developers are alive only because xbox/ps 4 have weak CPUs or consumer simulators are not console peace of cake. In 2021 we will see consoles with the 3rd generation of ryzen cpu. And i am sure some developers are living in fear already because of this.
    Today you can bring half baked cakes to the market but not tomorrow.
    Good example is isometric rpgs. Google Pillars of eternity 2 sales. End user will not wait or pray for developer. If he have good amount of products he can choose from.

12. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

For information, I had to purchase that from the webpage, those products are not visible in the Steam Client. It would be more visible, and especially much more practical, if those were in the rFactor2 DLC content list (which for now, is empty).

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

These do show in steam client.....under the Items available for this game
    upload_2019-6-10_22-10-33.png

14. Depco

Depco Registered

I would tend to agree that the placement of the dlc tracks and cars is a problem. They are listed in inventory and not dlc. This may be more of a problem though on steams part as their client page for their games is very busy and, frankly, hard to navigate.

15. lagg

lagg Registered

The Steam website is terrible.
    It does not matter where they put the content, it will be hard to find.

Depco likes this.
  16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I thought it was just me because I'm old!

17. lagg

lagg Registered

It's possible, i'm old too.
    :D:D:D

18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I read men make more testosterone as we get older. Maybe that's the problem? But that should make us smarter, but I'm not sure?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    pkelly, lagg and mixer61 like this.
  19. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Wonder if the average age would be different on Discord ;)