VR mirror strobing flicker when in menu.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rosko, Apr 22, 2019.

1. rosko

rosko Registered

I'm getting a crazy strobing in the mirror output onto my monitor. It happens in the menu & seems to change frequency when in different parts of the menu. When i go to select a car it really affects performance & i can barely use the menu. Once i start at the track its fine.
    i looked for a way to turn the mirror off as its not used but couldn't see anything, appreciate any solution.

2. DANPROS

DANPROS Registered

rosko, you are facing some kind of stuttering while racing?

3. rosko

rosko Registered

No, when i'm racing it seems ok. Only when in the menu & it only flickers the monitor but it causes a big strain on resources & i can barely use the menu at all. It's the worst when selecting a car.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In the settings tab of the launcher select HMD ONLY and it'll turn off the Mirror on the monitor.

5. boxer

boxer Registered

Me too... for me its an NVidea GForce Experience issue... if you do ALT+Z to bring the NVidea Experience menu up and just click anywhere on it and then X to close it it the goes away.

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I am getting flashing in the pit menu area and I also notice cars flickering in the virtual rear mirror. I don't think it is NVidia Experience as I do not have it installed. It is not too much of an issue, just slightly annoying when in the pits.

7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

i get this too even with it set to hmd only, it doesnt mirror vr to my screen but sits on a fullscreen rf2 logo and flashes like mad, my wife and daughter have mentioned a few times that its going to give them an epileptic fit while walking past my pc when im using vr.