Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Yeah maybe everyone should fix rfactor2's issues but rfactor2

2. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Only if you like mods. AC is like The Elder Scrolls :)

3. mr.Sw1tchblade

@NickSpeed
    G29 have issues again? I am away from home and can't check it myself. I have this steering wheel too.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Max Verstappen plays iRacing etc and don`t use VR, why? Could it bee that he don`t agree with your claims or perhaps there is some health issues with poorly developed VR ?

5. mr.Sw1tchblade

@Ari Antero
    My friends wife lost 1 eye in car accident. She cant see in 3d. Doed it mean humanity it self don't need 3d media anymore?

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

We are way out of the topic but where did I state humanity it self don't need 3d media ?
    Obviously when 3d media is better developed I am also going to use it and it might bee VR or classes free monitors etc. you never know which one it is going to bee ;)

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  7. Now your just arguing because I disagree with your views, and that without adressing what I wrote and instead a, even a weak and poor, attack on my persona insinuating that I know nothing about the PC world. I am not going to argue that simply because you will not try to understand my arguments. I will however say this, you do not know me and therefor you don't know what I know or where my expertise lie. So please do not continue writing things you have no knowledge about.

And my main argument stays, RF2 is a bought product from S397. As such it should be in a fully working order, if it isnt, it should be sold at a much lower price. This is like walkng into McDonald's, ordering a BigMac and when you take a bite you find it to be raw. But instead of walking back you will wander into McDonald's homepage and see how other customers solved the same issue. That is, the burger you just bought will have to be fried by yourself.

Argue against my argument, not of what you wrongly believe I am.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Now let's twist your argument for the sake of it: my personal experience with Assetto Corsa and ACC is similar to your experience with rFactor 2. I allways have to launch the driver application in the tray bar to make the ingame wheel rotation sync with my steering wheel. God knows why I have to do this and it took me a while to find this out on my own, but according to your logic this is a sign that AC or ACC might be some of the most unfriendly games for new users. I am using a DFGT btw, so according to your logic one of the most common wheels. Now do I join the Kunos forum and whine why Lord Kunos hasn't fixed his freakin' game before he sold his second game to me - I hope you see the twist? Lord Kunos, who is known for his excellent customer support and cool temper?

In short - I don't do it because it is such a big nonesense to expect a evolving sim platform to be in perfectly working condition. If you haven't read what rF2 is and that you buy it as is (even getting a demo ...), then you should do your homeworks better next time. That's your responsibility.

Btw, I work with hundreds of customers on a daily basis and a nice thing that I learned in the last couple of years is, that customer support works in both ways and it is pretty obvious who understands this common knowledge and who doesn't. Unfriendly customers, who make claims as your's or as Nick with their customers-are-kings-attitude, would get on my ignore list pretty fast. Who are you to claim, that S397 is unfriendly to customers, if you are not a "die hard"- fan? This thread, wich single reason is to give customer support should give you an idea, that your postings are't telling the truth.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  9. Now you also make assumptions of what I know and do not know, that without knowing me or my past nad making weak attacks.
    If you really want to troll me, please put some effort to it. This is just embarrassing!

I have made no mention of Kunos, AC or ACC so I am not sure why you are bringing this up.
    Neither have I ever expressed a "customer-is-king" attitude, that is your own perception.
    I have neither written that S397 is "that S397 is unfriendly to customers", I wrote that their way is poor public relation on their behalf.

What makes you think that I have not worked with customer support, customer satisfaction and how to follow up issues that have arisen?

I have no doubt that you are working in some kind of customer support, but do you really think "would get on my ignore list pretty fast" is good way way to treat your customer without further the frustration of said customer. That attitude certainly wouldn't fly where I've been during the years.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Please stop... this is pathetic

Dookie, F1Aussie, lagg and 6 others like this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thanks for calling me a troll, but if I really wanted to troll you I would have worded my post differently. People getting personal is the first sign of running out of arguments or missing the point. What's next up? "Fanboy"?

The reason I put people with mentioned attitude on my ignore list is pretty simple. There are people who treat other people who they expect to offer customer support or a service like slaves, so if you ignore those people your life will get more calm and you won't get stuff like cancer - and the best thing is that you have enough time to devote to people who deserve it. So to sum this up in a more clear way: calling out S397 for poor public relations makes you look ignorant, because the last couple of years that most here have come across Marcel and the rest of the team, it has been a very pleasent experience and you are pretty much infact the first one to talk about poor public relations. That's the impression from someone visiting the forum on a daily basis.

And the reason I mentioned AC was pretty simple and had actually nothing to do with AC - did it ever come to your mind that your problems are very hardware/software specific problems that affect only you and only a couple of other users, problems that are to be expected in PC gaming no matter where you look. And how S397 handles customer support is actually at the very high end of the scale in that sense. Maybe you have made different experiences to mine and I am not telling your that you are right or wrong as things can be handled different in different cultures. But here where I live your approach would certainly not be the right one. If I have a problem I don't start my request for help with "Your public relations are bad". Next to the fact that your request is in the wrong section of the forum. Maybe open a topic with your hardware issues and make a suggestion what can be improved for the public relations. :)

12. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Don't bother yourself with that Nick. I'm really not losing any sleep concerning myself with your opinion. Kind offer fella, but don't put yourself out on my behalf. No really, no need to reply. I wouldn't wanna distract you from your important business. :p

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

geezis this peoples frustration setting in here? but what with? devs? game? community?

what gives?

14. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Honestly just make the mirrors work.....the servers list in detail exactly what's being raced and what track etc......the wheel thing just work! not even getting into that - and maybe just maybe give all the dlc away for free with the initial purchase. You need one thing and that's more people....maybe you need a more user friendly game as well that draws more people in. As it stands to this day I'm not confident I can just open up rf2 and start racing people...I live in california....people do race here online...seen in some in iracing....as well as assetto corsa a bit...but I really don't mess around too much online with AC...more fun doing the canyon or nordshife in some crazy fast car....about 98% of the cars don't do it for me except a few...

so yeah I got all those for free........seems to me paying 100 bucks for all the content, only to find out there will be 5 more DLCs coming up this year....are you really going to have a game that costs 100s of bucks to own all the content? I mean heck I own allot of crap in iracing but for the most part they have daily series with a fair amount of people per session........

my point being is that this sim needs more north american people to play it....we want perminate servers...with the default cars....

hey devs...open up iracing and check out how their homepage works...then crack open some AC and see how they work their servers...

then download LFS and join a few of their servers - see how easy that was?

now here is joining a server in rf2 95% of the time if you don't own all the content like me..

mismatch this or that - can't download content or don't have something.......wow so that sucks...........whatever that meant lol....I guess I have to pay to play...

which then leads me to me next segment......these AI - we have to sit down and have a talk.

They aren't AI - AI is like that movie T2 or something...those AI can adapt to humans...make friends like ARNEY need in T1....or kill humans to take over the world..

here is AI in rfactor2.....drive designated line - sometime veer off path a bit - sometimes like every lap somebody crashes like a computer dummy...my point being is that the computer drivers suck....big nutsackos......like sure they more out your way when you pass them kinda..but forget really caring about your life or where you are on the track...those drives will kill you in a heartbeat...then when you retaliate and try and wreck them you find they don't even wreck properly.....

want to see an example of how a wreck should be.

look at how crazy that is...and we're talking years ago...decades bro.

no joke when you play that on an old system and it's runs smooth as butter it's grand...it's worth every penny when it came out.

oh plus I raced my friend online with it...this was back in 1996 lol...........

FREE DLC - bring more players on board. Or crappy offer the game for 60 and then just free DLC until RF3 comes out....supply and demand

15. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

16. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

All that matters is that you were able to share. I think that's why this country is so great. The great USA all the way.

PS WE LOVE FAST CARS - HOT LADIES AND LOVE RACING SO COME ON NOW

17. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

or here this is the generic response after an update for RF2

Best game ever keep up all the great updates.

OMG now I can put that phallic symbol on my car and have it show all shiney on the replay.

it goes on and on...what we need is the cold hard truth by people like me on why Rf2 has been sucking compared to the other sims out there...

and no i'm not talking about 3 tire models lol....

over the last 10 years in iracing - there must have been hundreds of updates to the steering etc...thank god because it used to be very annoying.....

but same with rf2....except they only put the tire model on the newer cars.....the 1 newer tire model....the reason I say one is because you don't hear that much about the talk on physics...it's almost like RF2 devs are too scared to admit there is stuff they HAVE to fix..

sorry guys cars basically feel the same as they did years ago....sure some tweaks but nothing like this sim has been around for so long....

to the DEV - not to be mean but you should take some of our money and get a gym membership....people say you're a great guy, but you can't live that long if you have an unhealthy lifestyle. Just saying you look a bit depressed...like sure not that many people are buying into RF2 but come on now...don't eat your problems away.

That was mean but it was the CHT that's cold hard truth for the unknowns..

be well..and I hope that the next update starts with

fixed "VR" mirrors to make realistic etc
    We made those tires even better....
    hey at least we got the grass to not heat your tires up a bunch of updates ago.
    the rain still sucks in VR...whatva
    still haven't fixed the steering wheel rotation issue - could care less.
    have more DLC for people to pay for in the NZ

and last but not least the big announcement...the one you're been waiting for...

After like 5+ big sim racing companies came out with their laser scanned track of nordshife...one of them making their way to rf2....well hey guys...screw those guys we are coming out with one for you to pay for! damn right....spend more money on the same track you've already bought on other sims...or download on this sim lol....

great way to bring people to the game.....lets make them pay even more money for something that all sim drivers have already drove the dirt out of...

yeah bros...probably have 100's of thousands of miles on that car....maybe 100k...maybe more...just saying it's nothing new...nothing we haven't drove before..

as I said put naked ladies on the course bouncing up and down...or crap can we make a mod where there's some hot lady in the pass seat and her knockers move with the G forces? I know super sexist but I'd pay good money for that mod.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  18. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

the crazy thing is that if you took what I said and made it work you'd get allot of people - but as you work on these updates you also loose out on all the new sims and the stuff they already have drawing people in.

I think it's great you bought a broken sim from another company....now do us all a favor and make it work. Always wanted to love rf2 but never have it ever seen a person racing online that I was able to get into a match with.
    and those that I do get in a server with are kinda stuck up...like I think they 5 times I've raced people over the last how many years like half have been some euro azzhole...and they aren't all like that...but yeah turn off

19. DanielK

DanielK Registered

Just stop now. Please.

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Don't feed the troll.