Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

sure, understood :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@woochoo Just join in mate, then you don't need any results :cool:

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

my wheel broke. andthe races are vaguely early in the morning. 2x decent excuses :p
    If my wheel was working and there was a parallel schedule later in the day then i reckon i'd be up for it more often :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

This seems to lately be a theme with many veterans...

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Mine's "piston broke"....:)

jimagn likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Messy race for me that one. First of the losers behind the aliens in qual, nailed the start and held onto 2nd for the first lap, then while not sure if I should let Bumble through so he could race with kiko (who I was never going to stick with) I got wide into T1 and had a collision with Bumble. Perhaps more his fault than mine but in hindsight I probably should have let him through anyway.

From there some good racing and then more spins, so ended up bringing up the rear. Even got lapped after spinning on the last lap.

Still, good fun :)

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

jimagn likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this race. Moving from copper wire to optic so will be losing my connection until it is done. Have fun guys and hope to catch ya for the next one.:)

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Damn, great track, great racing. First two corners were a mess and I found myself near the battle for 1st, but then someone with a long name starting with K nudged me mid-corner and I went to the back. He waited which was kind but ruined his race as well (I stalled while spinning), I spent the rest of the race nursing my front left and catching up, made it to 5th with some really fun wheel to wheel. Highlight was when I stuffed up a gearchange (3rd to 4th... shouldn't get much easier lol) and extended a battle I'd just won for another 2-3 laps. That kept me from maybe harassing Mel for the last lap.

Bryan needs donations to keep these going, check his Paypal address here: http://www.simracers4life.com/forum/index.php?threads/donations-needed.1204/ His costs aren't exhorbitant and the server runs well. I'll go donate now as I've done a few races and will continue to do so. Please consider doing the same :cool:

10. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Yeah great fun stuff! Even with all my bonehead driving I was only 30 seconds behind leader at the end. And I was last! I had the only Spark in the field, kinda seemed like an EVE track really.
    I think BB said Putnam is next...haven't drivin it in quite a while but it's a neet track with lots of character.
    Good win today Cookie!

Just saw the server has Loch Drummond, Putnam Park isn't workshop.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  11. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Great close racing today. Apologies to all for beginning of lap 2, I found a gearbox full of neutrals in turn 1 and lost control. I was last starting lap 3 and had a great time fighting back through the field. Impressive driving by all. @Dan Minges: Did you see how close we were at the checker?!?! A wheel radius as best I can tell. @Lee: I hope you didn't mind my attempt at bump-drafting. This wasn't NASCAR, but it usually works OK.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Loch Drummond I guess I've hardly done any laps at before, just did 5 or so and it'll take the same again at least to try and get a handle on the lines. Much as we're having fun, probably a good idea to get some laps in if you're not familiar...

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... 1966 Monte Carlo showing on the server. That'll be a change from the flowing tracks we've been doing.

Last race was good, I accidentally left auto clutch on through qualifying so I went into the race not entirely confident about keeping control under braking. Given that my last few races I've knocked people off or fallen off by myself, I took the cautious approach and sat in 4th for half the race. Finally poor old Cookie's tyres gave up (I probably stayed behind a lap longer than I could have, but it was fun to watch) so I moved past and ended up halving the gap to 2nd because I'd looked after my tyres. Still well behind though, but happy with a 3rd.

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So after weeks of no internet (or totally unusable) and no end in sight yet, i finally worked out my login so i can at least use my tablet to post. Yet another tech coming today to try and at least get the adsl connection working again. Frustrated to the point where its time for the ombudsman to step in. Hopefully back soon guys.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@nonamenow that sucks mate. I'm sure nearly all NBN switchovers are quite painless but you can see how the stories circulate when they go that bad sometimes.

Hope they get you back online soon.

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Me too, absolutely hate the tablet. Only have it for when my footy is on foxtel.

17. Bumble

Bumble Registered

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not either of the workshop versions. I give up.

19. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Hello Men! I've been absent as of late, getting ready for a relocation. Once I'm firmly planted in my new digs I'll return but my wheel is boxed up now. Have fun and keep F3's Fun!

Tucker

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

One returns and one goes...lol. Finally got my internet back yesterday so I'll be there for next race. Hope to catch up soon Tucker.

Lazza likes this.