Material Mapping Problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Heath J, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Heath J

Heath J Registered

I apologize ahead of time. I am trying to convert a track and learn 3ds Max at the same time. I am having a problem with some textures showing in the viewport, but either not rendering at all in the game (or scene viewer) or not rendering correctly.

Problem 1: The textures for trackside signs are not rendering at all in game or scene viewer. The model is there, but it's the standard gray. The textures show in the viewport and in a Max render.

Problem 2: Three of my buildings are rendering with the "tar roof" texture over the entire building. In the viewport (and Max render) the respective siding or brick textures appear ok. Yet, the same deal...either in game or in scene viewer.... these areas are rendering with the roof texture over the entire structure.

I'm pulling my hair out!

Thank you.

Heath
    TurnLeft TV on YouTube

2. AlenC

AlenC Registered

Since noone more experienced is available, you'll have to do with my advice! :)

What shaders are you using in 3ds max? Verify that the model has the UVW channel that the shader expects. Also, there were some reports that the new version of plugin for 2019 3ds max doesn't export multi material properly. That could be the reason for your problem 2. BTW, which max version are you using?

In case you can't resolve this on your own, I can take a look at your scene file if you want...

3. Heath J

Heath J Registered

I think figured it out, but I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm using (slowly learning) Max 2017. I've moved on to another "huge" problem...getting the track outside wall logos to show as text on the wall versus as lily white banners. Baby steps for this guy...

Thank you, Alen.