noob questions about hotlaping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karlis Vitols, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

hi all!
    found my favorite car for now - karting
    and i wander -
    1. is there a way to save my best lap on track? or every time i must race my pb from scratch?
    2. is there some webpage where i can see how fast people do laptimes on basic content tracks with spesific cars? cos atm only way to compare is set AI to 100% and trying to beat that . but how fast real people can do those tracks?
    ps.
    12 years ago i was racing rf1 inTYKA and now (after hiatus and GPL attempts) i decided to learn to drive from scratch lol

2. Krevett62

Krevett62 Registered

You can set transparent trainer to set your best time as a ghost.
    To display your all time best you can use utility like simhub it will keep your best lap from session or rf2loganalyzer but you will need to keep your log with best time.

Edit: links
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/

Simhub is a bit harder to use (but you can find ready to use user made overlays) but if you get into it you can really customize what you want to see. It will keep your records for each car and each track in it's own directory for persistence across different sessions or even if you uninstall rfactor 2 (why would you do that ^^) and it can be used with other sims too!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Karlis Vitols likes this.
  3. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

I had the same need, so within a month I'll release a first version of a platform, essentially a plugin + web app, which I think you'll find useful. Bear in mind that this will still be an alpha version, with few features, but the interface should be more or less polished.

The platform will, for now, allow you to easily keep track of your data (such as best times specific car-track combos), as well as have additional setup management features.

I'll post an announcement in the 3rd party content section then. Stay tuned ;)

Karlis Vitols likes this.