Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Thank you very much for your post Marcel.
    The above information is what i was hoping to get, so i will stop posting in this thread now. :)

Dookie, Ho3n3r, Alex72 and 2 others like this.
  2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Here's a few sessions. Last one is a 1.5h race session at Bathurst where I had a couple of freezes, 1s only. Usually I have longer freezes, but that's the first time I had full realtime logs enabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ermxjfq5hwkoj7x/FreezeLogs.zip?dl=0

The session is on YouTube, but unfortunately I don't remember exactly when I had the freeze. It was around this time, +/- 10 laps...

EDIT: I noticed that when I have realtime logging enabled, at the end of every session it takes an enormous amount of time for the session to close and go back to the monitor, even one minute or more! I can't really use this for a 1.5-2h race session.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Davvid likes this.
  3. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

I hope you guys get way more data than this, unfortunately i missed the chance of sending my freezes on Sebring 12h because i did some practice sessions later and apparently the new data replaced the important one. Had about 3/4 moments of freezes in Sebring 12h, wich is weird because i had no issues in VEC 12h of Sebring and in any race after that for that matter.

Either way, i am sorry for not having the data and being unable to help you helping the community with this issue!

4. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

5. geepee

geepee Registered

6. Viktor Jim

Viktor Jim Registered

7. knackko

knackko Registered

@Marcel Offermans
    - About log levels, are you in your analyses at the step that, for some of us who have the bug, need to activate the more verbose mode?
    - Think that some of us did not really understand what that bug is about, some report here bugs which are not related, a video can show a little more

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

First of all, thanks everybody for sending these in, they are helpful, and keep doing so. Obviously if you are having problems on your system, increasing the log level helps, as the more detailed logs tell us more about what is happening on your system. We are also close to the point where we are going to make a few updates to try and improve the situation and we will start testing those updates with people here (especially the ones that get this issue more often as they will be able to better see the difference... or not).

9. cosimo

cosimo Registered

More logs from tonights practice session on the VEC D1 server. Lots of micro freezes all over the place, with a ton of people leaving and joining the server. The freezes (or better, stutterings) were happening during the joins and leaves but also outside of those (it seems).

More logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cshlauihcq685t0/FreezeLogs2.zip?dl=0

10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Not sure if this one is any help, rF crashed when I got in the car the first time. VR was still working but I was looking around at a static view, with some dizzying double vision. I've attached the replay .tmp file that was left after I shut rF down with Task Manager but when I renamed it .Vcr rF wasn't able to read it.

As I remember it's only the second time rF has crashed like this but I have been getting short pauses occasionally too.

Attached Files:

11. ude

ude Registered

Last lap
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BF7oUb106UO19hsnOL-vAF56L-YHSw1J

I'm using oculus rift, I suffer a freeze,after that, the screen keeps stopping but a few seconds later I can hear how the car keeps rolling until it crashes with the barrier (i can drive the car but i only see my screen stopped). I can not do anything, just restart the computer.

It's not my the first time with this issue and im not the only one in my team.

My pc:
    windows 10, gtx 1060 6gb ,8 gb ram, ryzen 5, SSD.

12. ude

ude Registered

13. Salvuss

Salvuss Registered

14. Virtually Korean

Virtually Korean Registered

15. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

16. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Had a 4 second freeze, nearing the end of lap 216. Luckily, no one was harmed, but I was "frozen in place" for those 4 seconds.
    Until that point, not a single hiccup and the game ran smooth as butter throughout my 3 hours at VEC yesterday.

Here is the file...
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jdZ2ua273qzmK-LkcUXIBGKDHeYVICsV

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If anyone can test this mod used to give me instant out of real time with just a few AI https://tpongracz.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/audi-tt-sport-cup-2015-for-rfactor2/
    The other mods (and DLC content) I could run 40 cars find and would get this bug randomly but nothing close to the Audi TT car so maybe this can help.
    I cant test now, my video card died and I'm busy with studying and not going to buy a new PC any time soon

18. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    cosimo likes this.
  19. Dennis Jordan

Dennis Jordan Member

I often experience some micro-stutters, either myself or other cars being slightly laggy at times.
    Yesterdays VEC race ran unbelievable smooth for me, yet I still got one 2-3s screen freeze in my last stint, which I normally have exactly one of per event, so I assume it is the "classic" screen freeze most people encounter.

The logging rate is at the default setting, but I hope it can still help:
    _2_ is one of my first stints without any issues.
    _4_ is my last stint with the screen freeze. I don't have my own replay turned on, but the TC on the official server replay of Div1 is 26946.000

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DrqGRcidYeC21mo6pYowP0iEIOSy56n9?usp=sharing

20. M1ke351

M1ke351 Registered

I have had some issues at Formula Simracing, on other servers like GPVWC. things work fine. here I just put my logs and the sessions where I have more trouble.
    Hope we can figure it out
    https://we.tl/t-2w0D3y37fh