[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I read in the V8 Supercars thread that S397 made some changes to sound in recent times that affects some mods. Not sure what the changes are though

4. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Maybe this: OutsideVolumeMultiplier=0.4

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

as reported above by @Akela_DE
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ing-factor-for-the-cockpit.60145/#post-946161
    As you can see there in 1 new line to be added and, in case, the overall value of the opponents to be changed.

But, sincerely, I'm not interested to upload the mod only for that... because if S397 hasn't time currently for informing about the changes and various additions to the code they already made, I'm not interested.
    "We" should have a specific area named "developers guide", that should be regularly update by S397, not into some post here and there.
    It is true that S397 is making an invaluable job, much much more active than ISI, no doubt! So, I think we need to wait for a little more time and, once S397 will have closed the main developments on graphical side, UI and some more very important things in the physics, like the variable weather conditions that will affect the physics with wind, aquaplaning... I'm sure they will have time to dedicate to the modders also for revealing the various new code lines in several areas of the game.

At that time, will be proficient to update the mods.

VirusGR42, lagg, Daytona 675 and 5 others like this.
  6. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Echoing thoughts above, I thought it was worth mentioning the detail we did for this mod. It has been a bumpy road at times!

For every driver suit I did, I also included the actual driver's face, even though you can't see them under the helmet.

atomed, Atsuki, Akela_DE and 9 others like this.
  7. J853

J853 Registered

Hi,
    I really appreciate this mod. It looks like it has been developed with such a high level of detail and care.

I have found using it that I can brake as hard as I can without ever locking the brakes (looking at the motec data, I saturate the brake pressure). Is this what the cars are like or do I have the setup wrong? I do have the brake pressure set at 100%

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We spoke about it few years ago... After test was done by a GP3 driver of that year 2016 we decreased the torque value to match the real car and the default setting for bias and pedal are like the real car as well. Nothing changed in the years.

avenger82, mixer61 and Rui Santos like this.
  9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

New build is available in the first post with few little fixes...
    - fixed brake glow due to changes to the code
    - fixed opponent volume due to changes to the code
    - added AISpringRate to decrease AI smoking tires

Rogger, Akela_DE, pascom and 9 others like this.
  10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

So brake bias, pressure and performance was taken from real data/setup. Were other setup elements like aero, suspention also based on real setup? I'm asking because in the mod there's pretty high downforce and grip(even on hard tires) making driving in default setup not really challenging when driving near the limit.

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Don't you remember? We spoke about the setting a lot of times... resuming:
    1. in the Dallara's "user" manual there is page #17, named SUGGESTED SETUP, were they give ranges and suggested setups for several mechanical parts, front and suspension with ride height, springs, dampers, ARB, camber, toe, caster, differential with ramps brake, ramps power, etc. Then there are other manuals, specifically addressed to the engine, the gearbox, etc... and spreadsheet, again with ranges and suggested setups for aero, but in this case, 2 different suggested setup, one for HDF and one for LDF
    2. no data how to setting brake, throttle, clutch... that are managed by each team, partially depending of the wish of the drivers
    3. do not forget that for the GP3 there were restrictions about the max rear wing setting depending of practice, qualifying vs. race. Then in 2018 the DRS changed again some data and rules
    All that produces a very stable car and understeer, that is what the organization wanted... less in race due to less rear wing angle.

We started following the user manual, then advice of driver and their engineer (in the time we also fixed the steering wheel rotation, not the ratio, nor the wheel angle, that for a misunderstanding at the beginning was wrong... this is one of the data not written into any Dallara's manual).
    Later in the time with other inputs and MoTec analysis we fine tuned the setup only with little changes, more or less to adapt, better, the real car data to rFactor2, but we never were addressed to give the "perfect" setup for several reasons:
    - improving the setup is part of the game and skills and it is also partially personal
    - real car and rFactor2 mod cannot be the same thing and cannot behaves exactly the same way
    - DRIVING STYLE INTO A SIM!!! This is the breaking point: every time I sent my hot laps to the engineer I was happy to be far from him and, believe to me, I tried to drive the car like I was on it. Now I drive a tractor in real life and I'm happy with it, LOL
    - in a class where the setup probably makes the bigger differences in performances, I wasn't ever able to have one single specific value for trying it... only ranges, links between different areas of the settings and few time the sentence "I told you too much"
    - also each track has its specific setup.
    - and tire pressures are stated by Pirelli for each track and they usually take back all sets of tires, used and new

And the F3 2019, more or less is on the same way.

Rogger, davehenrie, Atsuki and 9 others like this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You should tell this guy to just roll back some pages lol what the hell

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Build 2.26 is out just for updating old ui icons and adding the new web ui icons... so also this mod increases in size for something developed in a totally questionable way...

atomed, Rogger, vava74 and 6 others like this.
  14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated
    NEW BUILD 2.27 (January 13th, 2022)
    - tuned driver's suit for new rF2 rain functionality

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated with build 2.28 for fixing black rain on certain tracks, due to wrong rF2 code

Rogger, leseb64, vava74 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

another annoying update... Build 2.29, March 1st, 2022: fixed brand_logo, due to wrong rF2 code

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated to build 2.30, June 6th, 2023:
    - fixed display font due to new rF2 code

18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

first post has been updated to Build 2.31, November 04th, 2023:
    - fixed warning led due to code change by S397

Rogger, Emery, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Hi,

Great mod, I’m enjoying racing it and many thanks for spending the time developing it.

I’m wondering if you can offer me some guidance on liveries please.

I’m assuming it’s because these cars don’t have the newer materials that are now on most other mods but I’m trying to create a Gulf liveried car and I’m having a hard time getting the "blues" to look correct. They look fine in Photoshop but a pale baby blue looks very different in game (almost white on some panels and very pale blue on others). So I kept making it darker and darker until I reached the tone I was looking for.

I tried making the alpha channel all black to see if the shininess of the body was causing it which has helped me but I didn’t know if there are any other things I could do to make life easier maybe. If I just have to keep trying different things then that’s fine.

what I may try is a bunch of blue hues on the nose section, and then select the best ones to use when viewing in the showroom/racetrack.

20. redapg

redapg Registered

@Andrew Harper I'm no Painter at all, but did you paint your Skin by following THESE official Instructions in Terms of Albedo Maps Requirements?