[REL] SMMG Formula 3 Series (2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024) 2.20

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

SMMG Formula 3 Series (2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024)

Build 2.20
    , March 07th, 2024:
    - added 2024 season
    NOTE: 2024 season all helmets are painted black carbon

NEW FULL DOWNLOAD AND STEAM SUBSCRIPTION AT https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2946799888
    I remember to you that the old Steam ID build 2.00 is dismissed and the Steam ID of the current build 2.02 is new.
    It means that, in certain case, you could still have the old 2.00 available into Steam folder and/or rFactor 2 folder.
    If you want to look at, please follow this advice:
    - check and in case delete the Folder steamapps\workshop\content\365960\1769899289
    -
    check the folder ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\SMMG Formula 3 Series and if there still is a 2.00 subfolder. If yes, delete it.
    Now you are sure to have a clean installation of build 2.02 and further

Terms of Use: This mod is not to be used in public or corporate events held by public or private companies (such as simulators) without the expressed permission of SMMG. For such circumstances, the email address listed below can be contacted for licensing agreements. Each file of the mod cannot be edited and/or re-used in whole or in part for any reason without the express permission of SMMG. Do not redistribute, upload, modify or sell any of our work. For permission and licensing queries, please contact "Formula32019@gmail.com"
    • PHYSICS from real data of manufacturers.
    • THANKS TO: Chris "redapg" (physics and 3D and special effect for rain in several parts of the mod) - Gilles Benoit (3D and 2D) - Leonardo Nogueira, Chris Payne and elnando8 (painting) - PLAYLIFE and Eddy (aerodynamics) - Sounds recorded and sampled by Felipe Giro for GP3 - Rui Santos and avenger82 (extensive tests) - Slow Motion (project leader, physics, 2D, painting) - "Mr.D", engineer of Formula 2 and 3 team - Patr1ot for AMS 3d of PitCrew.
    • Special thanks to Engineering Consult by WVK GmbH for providing original 3d base of the Formula3 and feedback of real drivers.
    • Special thanks to ASR FORMULA for full permission in using new driver and his anm made by McNolo.
    • Special thanks to Nicola Acciarri for his advice and review on physical side
    "Parts of this mod were taken from rFactor 2 and are used with the explicit permission of Studio 397. These parts remain the property of Studio 397 BV and may not be re-used for any purpose, including other mods without the explicit, written permission of Studio 397 BV. For more information on rFactor 2 and Studio 397, please visit: https://www.studio-397.com/".
    ================
    Some considerations:
    1. the mod has the final physics and tuned to the performances of the real cars, validated and tested by F3 engineer and some driver, even if we are still fine tuning also depending of little adjustment to the real car made by Dallara and FIA!
    2. the settings are the suggested values of Dallara, but can be highly improved with a better setup
    3. the steering wheel is working with all gauges of real car (some limitations depend of the lack of code in rF2)
    4. added SEASON 2019 with few little differences to the 2020 (no TPMS gauge on steering wheel, no ride sensor, different TPMS cam antenna, different gear-per-track options)
    5. added SEASON 2021 with different mass and inertia due to changes in regulations by FIA
    6. added SEASON 2022 with different steering wheel due to changes in regulations by FIA
    7. added SEASON 2023 with updated gear ratio for 2023 tracks due to doc by FIA
    8. added SEASON 2024 with updated gear ratio for 2023 tracks due to doc by FIA
    9. SEASONS 2019 - 2020 - 2021 - 2022 - 2023 - 2024 use same templates

I personally would thank Chris Payne for the love deserved in the years to all our developments. He now on stops painting due to the several duties at work, family and mainly dedicated to volunteering activities in helping at-risk young people.

Steam: --->https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2946799888
    Here is the link for manual downloading: --->https://mega.nz/file/r45TBL5L#GCGIOwrifCS8iK4gwFzTk1MTHQEqfbt2de26FWUd_YQ
    As usual the mod is available on Steam, now on with the templates into the templates folder of rFactor2. Anyway here are the specific links:
    NEW main template: --->https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu4yahpcxk77hi1/Form3_2020_2022_template_PBR.psd?dl=1
    helmet template: --->http://www.mediafire.com/file/sj4fy7kuuv8ggck/Form3_2020_BASIC_HELMET_rain_template.psd/file
    driver template: --->http://www.mediafire.com/file/cj1exaaj4t5msb5/Form3_2020_DRIVER_template.psd/file
    gloves template: ---> http://www.mediafire.com/file/mik8wugwcyxcut2/Form3_2020_gloves_template.psd/file
    rain visor template: ---> http://www.mediafire.com/file/9z1ywp3a261q3ip/Form3_2020_RainVisor_template.psd/file

The name of the mod currently is: SMMG_F3Series
    The name in the launcher is: SMMG Formula 3 Series

20200428144526_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Merci for the exciting news, Marco. You and your Slo Mo team's dedication to producing superb mods is greatly appreciated by many of us here. Looking forward to giving the '19 F3s a go - they already look fast ;-)

3. ceecee

ceecee Registered

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

You are Da Man !!!

5. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Great news, i love your work and dedication, thanks a lot!!!!!

6. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

During Abu Dhabi tests of these days we asked for some specific pictures and we like to share with you some of them...

photo6037164107985169814.jpg
    photo6037164107985169811.jpg

mainly for some details...
    photo6037164107985169813.jpg
    e8defb69-3471-4d31-81ee-fd128638f460.jpg

Halo mounting...
    photo5767254580554477393.jpg

Mydriaz, atomed, memoNo1 and 30 others like this.
  8. Leonardo Nogueira

One question, just curiosity: Do you already have enough data to finish the mod before the beginning of the championship (if the data is enough, not if it will be released before)...

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

atm no new docs have been released, but it should happen in the next days, so we'll look at differences vs. the GP3 18 on physics side... I'm almost sure that we'll be able to have the mod working correctly on physics side much anticipated vs. 3D. And, when the mod will be ready we'll must wait for months for the liveries.
    Maybe we could release the first build with temporary neutral skins... but now it is too early for debating about it.

BTW, let me wish Merry Xmas and Happy 2019 to all mates here in the forum!

mesfigas, torig, TJones and 10 others like this.
  10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Merry Xmas and Happy 2019 to you and your working group.

One of the best indipendent modding team that we have for rf2! :)

TJones, rubennaatje, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  11. Leonardo Nogueira

Merry Christmas and happy new year mate!
    And thanks for this amazing mods hehehehe

12. torig

torig Registered

Happy New Year and all the best for 2019.

Was kindly alerted to this thread because I asked for a Dallara F3 (well, F306, 309, 312 and 319) for rf2. Thanks for taking on this mod - very much looking forward to it!

Slow Motion likes this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Today we got the official Dallara's documentations...

atomed, memoNo1, andrea_274 and 30 others like this.
  14. GiulioS

GiulioS Registered

Really interesting project! I'm looking forward to it as I'm really appreciating your GP3 2018 Series. I've tried a lot of sims and mods, but your GP3 is the most realistic I've ever driven in terms of physics (and braking feeling with my G29). Keep up!

Slow Motion, Brack Jabham and mixer61 like this.
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Teams received the first car, but without engine and gearbox.

We finished to compare data of the car with the gp3 and I can confirm that differences are into front suspension geometry that also affects the wheelbase and of course in rF2 chassis file too.

An interesting improvement has been done in the steering wheel ratio, now variable in 3 steps.

When teams will get the engine, I hope they will get also the power engine curve to discover if really the car has 20hp less than gp3 and with the whole car assembled engineers will know total mass and cg, now only calculated.

I'm starting entering new data and modified data vs. Gp3 into the Borda's SS, then our engineer in the group will review them, fix my mistakes and enter all data that I'm not able to enter (I suppose a lot!).

We still need to restart / continue modeling by scratch the car, due to some personal duties of Chris for several weeks and also because the other artist is very busy with the other project we are developing and that will be a big surprise... Thank you for attention.

atomed, avenger82, TJones and 22 others like this.
  16. GiulioS

GiulioS Registered

The more I use the GP3 2018 the more I love it! You have to be really focused to do long runs in order to avoid the understeer behaviour and to be precise in braking. I'm using a G29 and I'm glad to have found a mod like this that replicate the real feeling of the brake of a race car: short travel of the pedal and all the braking calibrated by the pressure on it. Every mod I tried in the past, on rF2 and other sims, was designed for a braking depending on the travel of the pedal, which I've learned it's not like IRL.
    Thank you guys :D
    I hope for a even better F3 2019 mod :p

17. Leonardo Nogueira

Hi, good night!
    Any news, pictures or something?? I'm racing GP3 cars almost everytime I open rF2, one of my favourite cars, and I would love to have more news about the progress of this amazing mod!

18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I have a question for SlowMotion.

Even if the mod is WIP, do you think physics/driving/FFB will be very similar between GP3 and F3 ?

I said that I did not inquire about the differences IRL, many or few, between these two cars.

Thank you !

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The differences between the GP3 and F3 2019 are mainly on front suspension and this acts on steering wheel too with just few little different Dallara suggested settings... cars are very closed.

One difference in the racing rules vs. the 2018 GP3: The F3 2019 Technical Regulations Article 4.3.4. will stipulate “ ….The rear top biplane wing assembly angle is limited to a maximum of 16 degrees during races…..

We have also received the aero data, the spreadsheet of Dallara.

But the development is stalling because I "missed" the 2 people that were modeling this car and the cars of another project I started long time ago. On physics side PLAYLIFE is almost finished his job, but I'd like to re-enter data into a newer build of the Physics Calculator to get latest updates.

20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

He said it in first post:
    And then:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but since last GP3 release there haven't been significant changes in rF2's physics engine and tech.
    For instance GTE tires have little bit updated model, but GP3 tires use quite recent CPM version and what's interesting, build based on real Pirelli data (at least hard compound, I'm not sure about others).
    I hope F3 physics will also be tuned/refined based on real F3 drivers feedback. As I understand, even if modders have access to
    detailed and accurate data and know how to correctly input them, then still rF2's engine limitations / inaccuracies(?) can make end result quite different in therms of handling and even telemetry.