Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tpw

tpw Registered

AI were actually pretty decent from 0.6 - 0.6.3, but then adjustments were made to their pace which seemingly involved removing most of their awareness of the player. Unless you’re an alien it’s pretty tricky surviving a race without being bashed off the track by the AI. ACC is the only racing game I own where I spend all my time with my eyes on my mirrors waiting to be hit. Not enjoyable. Obviously some people think they’re great, personally I don’t subscribe to the ”tough but fair” rhetoric where all the onus is on the player to drive absolutely perfectly and defensively in order to survive, I just think they’re broken at the moment. It’s a great game but for the time being I’m hotlapping only.

F1Aussie and mesfigas like this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@tpw i agree fully
    not only AI change from good to bad but also the handling changed to a weird feel
    0.5.2 was super cool and i was thinking that kunos finnaly made it
    0.6 was disaster

F1Aussie likes this.
  3. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

good surprise on the part of Kunos, have introduced variable weather, tire damage and simulation of the air passages of the brakes, damage to the body and the mechanical part, penalties and have solved many errors.:)

The visual damage is the same as in the first AC, I hope they invest time in doing something more realistic.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@FAlonso
    Yep at AC forum they confirmed they still working on damage model.
    Damage model not sepose to be realistic, but it will be better than in ac.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Can't wait to try it. Really enjoying acc atm

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Can't believe what they throw out every few weeks, development pace is really insane.

F1Aussie and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

And just released a hot fix which has a change log larger than a rf2 build update hehe Joking s397 I luv ya really.

F1Aussie likes this.
  8. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

at the time that studio397 is developing a new interface, kunos created a new game.:D

Davvid, Marisa, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

ACC is back on track
    very good handling after latest patches

F1Aussie likes this.
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

maybe, but remember Kunos has a small "Army" of programmers

coltair likes this.
  11. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Doesn't matters so much the quantity but the quality for solving problems. You may notice that they do not have an elegant solution when they implemented their physics engine inside Unreal engine, the input lag is nasty?, Good GUI?, the FF sucks what is worst. :p
    And this you can take it to bigger project, PUBG has the US army, Russia and UE of programmers and the netcode + hitbox sucks bad. :D

12. mr.Sw1tchblade

@GeraArg
    I am curious: if bubg is so bad why 800 000 boys and girls still playing it every day? There are many different battlegrounds this days. Also you forget to mention Fortnight :)

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@GeraArg when you have to do a huge amount of work then quantity matters
    as for quality is a different topic cause what it matters most here is the huge delay of UI.
    but anyway i m not programmer so i leave the rest to you guys :)

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You are confusing quality and popularity.

GeraArg likes this.
  15. kimbo

kimbo Registered

I am curious...
    if you dislike and complain about everything that s-397 does, why the fuck you play rfactor2 and participate in its forum?

16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I think it took longer than that, not to forget they'll gloss over the odd bugs and leave some unresolved

17. mr.Sw1tchblade

@kimbo
    To be honest I bought rf2 because of hype around Sebring track and gt3/endurance packs. And because some of my frends from PCars 2 league have it too. I like things S397 doing, and don't complain about their roadmap.
    But it is the 1st game about cars where i can see car models with visual bugs wich i can see almost every time i am playing this game.
    @hitm4k3r
    I just want to say if UE is bad in networking noone will ever use it. @GeraArg complain about UE engine if i get it right. @GeraArg sorry if i misunderstood your post.

On other hand i don't complain about ACC because it is EA. And bugs i reported at Kunos forum already fixed. Also, i am impressed by Kunos work. They doesn't talk much at official forum but some changes community asked them to implement was made pretty fast.

Sorry for bad english.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    GeraArg likes this.
  18. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

I can not see most of the problems it says, although it is obvious that it has, also rF2 has problems.

This project has just started and the driving is a delight, a great change over the first AC, the sounds are very immersive, the graphic engine has a lot of future, the variable climate is the most detailed that exists, all the circuits are scanned by laser, cars detailed to the millimeter ... In general it is an outstanding simulator waiting for the promised online system.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  19. tpw

tpw Registered

As far as I'm concerned ACC is coming along in leaps and bounds with every patch and in nearly every way, apart from the AI. Seriously, unless you're a Kunos developer or an alien these guys are just so very difficult and frustrating to race against - they appear to have zero awareness of the player. At this point in the game's development I'd think that experienced drivers or newcomers starting their simracing with ACC are really going to struggle even at lowest settings. I'm comfortable racing AI in most titles at 100%, and barely manage to survive a lap in ACC regardless of how low I set the AI.

F1Aussie likes this.
  20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

If you really think, that the project has just started, then you have no idea what you are talking about. Wasn't the game supposed to be released by Q1 2019 or did I miss something? Anyway, I am certainly the last one to nitpick about delays or missed dead lines, because I have highest respect for people who are able to create software as sophisticated as we use for sim racing. But if you think that S397 are a bunch of lazy slow amateurs and Kunos the overlords of coding who produce a full blown sim in two years, then you should take a look at the portfolio of Luminis and the people who were part of ISI and got involved with S397.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy ACC quite a bit, even more than the first AC atleast when it comes to the driving itself. But it is quite obvious that there are shortcommings with the software as with every sim on the market. Some of them are issues with UE4 itself, that make me still question if it was a good desicion to use that engine for a race sim, because afterall it is a multipurpose engine and not a specialized platform. Next to that I see old issues, that were there in AC allready and should have been fixed allready since years. It might get a solid sim in the future, but it is certainly not the huge thing that alot of people were hyped for. And your "variable" climate is one example of it. :)