Loud sounds accidents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simforlife2, Nov 25, 2015.

1. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

Hello everyone,

I created this topic because there has been a lingering issue with ingame crash sounds (objects or cars), which myself and others in my community, find distracting and often times annoying. Not just when driving but also when broadcasting races, those sounds are very disruptive and interfere with the broadcast.
    For those who don't know, the collision can take place pretty much anywhere on a track and the sound will be reproduced very loudly as if it was happening right next to you. Often there's a repeating, looping sound that almost sounds like a machine gun firing.

Could ISI fix this issue? A lot of folks are complaining here.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    Dookie and McFlex like this.
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Yeah it would be great if this can be just be based on where you are with the camera like other sounds. I too do some livestreaming from time to time (www.srvn.nl) and it is pretty annoying, also for the viewer. It's pretty weird to be hearing when you expect something to happen on screen and it doesn't (but on a completely other part of the track). I even consider it an immersion breaker because, with rF2, it can sometimes look pretty, pretty lifelike when you're watching a race :)

This topic might be more suitable in the wishlist section though.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 around Belgium you can hear drivers knocking out posts 2 miles away.

And the flag flutter needs reducing a bit compared to other stuff.

Cows and horses are fine they sound great in distance

and I know I going deaf but I for the life of me can't understand what any announcer says. lol

Bathurst is the funniest one, in pits Start car then swap to TV camera you hear a horn and crowd then something that sounds like " NO ONE is HERE".. " NO ONE is HERE" ...........repeated over and over , drives me crazy lol

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What about those instances with a little stick that keeps getting flinged, colliding with the car and with the endless t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-tak sound? :p

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There is a cow down Stavelot bend, Belgium that sounds really crook.

It moos like its in real agony, real sorrowful, poor thing...................... either that or it's getting porked. :eek:

lool :p

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

A cow getting porked lmao!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Next time you at Belgium stop at Stavelot, turn off engine and listen. hehehee

---------------------

When I drove Long Haul trucks I hit a Cow once in North Queensland up near the town called Texas.

Really hard, and no Bull Bar either , it got stuck under the front axle, still alive, really messy.

Poor thing sounded just like that cow at Stavelot.

Sort of funny in end.

We tried backing up and finally it came loose to to our amazement it got back up with broken bits everywhere, looked at us then ran off off into the Mulga in shock. :(

My mate chased it into the dark ( he was not going to leave the poor thing like that ) with a .22 rifle letting off shot after shot in thongs and with his King Gees ( Shorts ) coming down around his arse yelling " come back you Bastard ! "

I will never forget it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  9. bwana

bwana Registered

If l hear " enjoy" and "parc fermme" at one more track someone is getting a wedgie.

10. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

ISI?
    some answer or will be anyway, TACTACTACTACATACATACATACATAC

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe changing some Values in the player.JSON can help as a "temp"-solution in this case (but i didn't test it yet), e.g. some of these:

"Trackside Ambient":3,
    "Trackside Ambient#":"Ambient range where volume is maximum for pithorn and the default for other trackside sounds in CAM file",
    "Trackside Exp Shape":0.022,
    "Trackside Exp Shape#":"New exponential shape attenuation for pithorn and the default for other trackside sounds in CAM file",
    "Trackside Range":1,
    "Trackside Range#":"Volume range parameter for pithorn and the default for other trackside sounds in CAM file",
    "Trackside Shape":0.75,
    "Trackside Shape#":"Old (going obsolete) shape of volume attenuation for pithorn and the default for other trackside sounds in CAM file",

12. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

redapg

thank you we will test these settings

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

isn't it mod dependent?...usually happens with older mods that don't have the new attenuation lines in the .sfx file

14. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Sorry for reviving this mummified thread, but these TAK-TAK-TAK-TAK sounds are annoying and distracting at best. And watching a race broadcast (like the recent Fanatec-event) and hearing these strange soundloops always give a "WTF is going on here" moment.

Does it not bother the developers as well? After all these years of development ..... why is this still not changed to sound more authentic?
    Do i have said "more" authenic? Currently it sounds not authenic at all.

Davvid likes this.
  15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yep i also find this sounds very annoying. Can't understand why the devs didn't fix this issue

Ernie likes this.
  16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

giphy.gif

Sorry couldnt help myself. :D

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

That girl's voice? Oh yeah, does me head in.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  19. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Can anyone remember fansnormal1.wav in rFactor1?! That thing nearly drove me insane until I found out the fix!

David Kolody and McFlex like this.