The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Honestly no, because i don't find anything strange in how the car behave, i can adjust the setup to suit my driving style, to suit the track where i'm racing, it's just how it translates into the ffb that in some circumstances is a bit strange, as happened with the Formula 2 in the past.
    As i said i like it a lot with my current TS PC, while i didn't like it when i was using a G27.
    Also to me the Bentley feels very similar.

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This car is the "ugly duckling".

I love it as much as all 10 GT3 S397.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Going to sort my ffb maybe it’s my end the cars feel to grippy ?

Will have a fiddle later

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

In real world, driver gets more feel in other ways, so differences in steering feel might not be as big deal. In sim it makes the whole car feel different. In real world the steering feel of the merc might have been compromised for some technical/rule reason.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh no the meme of Mercedes FFB :D This thread was off topic before, and is off topic after.

I think the whole problem with merc is the scale of required forces. It probably has heavy steering IRL that goes light with understeer, and feels normal then...

6. kimbo

kimbo Registered

again with the mercedes ?????
    you must go to the doctor, or to the psychologist, sincerely you look like a fool

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Whatever .

Done with this conversation

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No March roadmap?

Adrianstealth and Mauro like this.
  9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

You know this DLC, the one this threads about..how good is it!

McKiernan and mantasisg like this.
  10. KittX

KittX Registered

Imo you want to ruin the brilliant technical section of the track :) there are enough visual references for braking points there, and this section adds perfect challenge, other 2/3 of the track are super easy. This is a good mix to my taste.

alexSchmurtz likes this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Maybe it is good challenge with high downforce. Without it its just keeping speed down. Whole track is very challenging.

12. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Just been trying the formula vee - a car I have some experience with IRL, as well as similar in the formula ford.

Without going into my own experience, can I draw your attention to the following video. (or indeed any of the formula vee on youtube)

Notice the complete lack of needing to countersteer. The car is very grippy, almost planted and has a very high tolerance level before it steps out of line.

The one in sim is sideways, everywhere. It has horrible lift off oversteer, the back end steps out at any slow corner, and on acceleration snaps like it has 500bhp going through the tires.

The car is a very low power, high grip machine designed to get people into racing at a club level. None of these characteristics are matched with this version that has been produced.

Saying that, it is fun, and looks great - but for all the wrong reasons!

Emery, Akela_DE, BigDuke6 and 10 others like this.
  13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Where was u when we was testing lol? I would imagine the skippy was too unforgiving as well.

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

One innocent question... is your track rubbered? Or green?

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Limited experience real life track racing
    -but in a sim I & think most others try to push to the limit & usually at 1st beyond to quickly

Real life wears usually way more conservative thus stay well within grip limits

They look as if they are going slow in that real life vid carefully creeping around the corners , in rf2 I was going faster in my 1st lap thus finding some skidding off the bat

Korva7 likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Have not drove Vee a lot yet, but this is interesting. I'd guess that Vee has some similarity to karts, so "seat feel" might be having a greater impact. Also you may not realise that in simulation you are pushing car very hard. Interested to drive it more now.

Here it does not look that much planted at the end:

AlenC likes this.
  17. TTMTK

TTMTK Registered

Bought the whole Reiza package and testet it for several hours now...both back on back with Automobilista...
    Except for the Formula Vee, the rest of the cars feels pretty good in RF2 though not as connected to the cars as in AMS but definitely approved. The Formula Vee feels so much better in AMS.

I don't know if anyone felt like more connected to the cars (weight transfer especially) in AMS and more connected to the road in RF2 (all the road surface details).The tracks graphics are a bit blend...for the most part they are acceptable where some are really good and on some you can see the transition to RF2 isn't as good, all in all very happy with my purchase...though I really hope there will be an update for the Formula Vee soon.

kimbo and RaceNut like this.
  18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Made a test this WE of all the DLC car on Nogaro (green track) and I was not happy of what I drove :(
    The cars are very strange, like the rear have no grip, tried different setup modification, only the MCR S2000 have a result with rear bar increased, but the cars seems to be very sensible/no enough grip at rear !!

The level of production of the DLC is very low, I saw several issues that experienced rF2 modders fix in 10 minutes (graphical & sounds). This is closer than a pure conversion than a DLC fine-tuned for rF2 :(
    Some videos, not happy of this first test, slippery party, nothing stable by default :(
    Will make anther test on other track, but not very motivated now ...

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Registered

Is there a fix for this packs hunger for fps, ie the mirrors??

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Ouch, that's a strong statement, even stronger coming from you. I had a quick glimpse of your videos... Not just one but two mirror bugs... Your first video, the bodyin side mirrors are z-fighting the cockpit rendering ones... Whoops...
    And then the opponents mirrors are always rendered... Again a whoopsie... A performance killing one...
    Undershadows? Not really a thing in the Judd-video when you follow AI-cars...

Oopsie.