Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Someone an idea what I can do?

Component "Puma_P052_2018 1.01" failed to verify, removed from inventory

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I like the tracks, they are well done, don't like the puma gte or formula vee, they are only O es I have tried so far. As far as quality goes the cars are no better or worse than s397 ones.

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It's the best of all sim, but I hope that S397 will do even better ....

What a pleasure to heel and toe on the appropriate cars ;) .

And rF2 must have a big head start in term of realism on all the other sim.

This is the DNA of rF2.

GeraArg and juanchioooo like this.
  4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Will we be able to pick and choose which bits we want? Because only the formula Vee interests me.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I hope they don't convert it because rF2 really needs and deserves to have a complete overhaul in the drive-train physics modeling dept. To my knowledge, the only other titles that have proper drive-train modeling are iRacing and RaceRoom and the effects transfer to audio and motion effects as well as clutching behavior so, it becomes super obvious when the modeling is limited as it is currently in rF2. Problem is, there are a lot of things in rF2 development that demand time and resources so who knows if / when something may happen in that area.

Ozzy likes this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Would rather hybrids first, but that’s me.

lagg likes this.
  7. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Marcel said they are looking into improving transmission/clutch this year.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Codemaster year after year makes many people pay for new games, being more of the same (a lot of money), ... for the dlc that have taken rfactor2 since the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013, I almost do not remember exactly, I did not I have to pay for them, I like to support what they sell, even more since "studio 397" took control of rfactor, this is my simulator, for me the best, despite its good and bad things, we will continue there, supporting .
    Of the DLC of Reiza, to say that the Force Feedback that the cars use I love, the ibarra circuit is great, there are some details of things that I do not like, but I want to try it very well before criticizing,
    In the clutch in modern cars, it has no comparison with the old, for something is evolution, I do not care that the old is not perfect, obviously you can always improve, ... especially the sounds in rfactor2 in general
    :):):);)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    bwana likes this.
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hi.

Do we have more informations ?

10. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

AMillward likes this.
  11. Marisa

Marisa Registered

No.
    I think it was around the beginning of the year when I last asked and it didn't sound like they had started working on it.

DrivingFast and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Levelup1 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

@RSimioni
    about Virginia
    is it possible to have startlight little bigger?
    very difficult to see, it could be a problem for online league races

14. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

The transmission model is needed for all cars, not just for h-shifter cars. The way people exploit the stalinium made tranny now is ridiculous. Shifting down in every car like they are in modern F1, and engine screaming against limiter throught out all of the braking zone.

Personally i would take the ams tranny as a early substitute, as im looking forward to it more for h-shifter cars, and heel/toe driving, but i know it's not considered being up to rF2 standards. And with auto clutch (that is enabled in every server) people would still exploit it the same way.

Good place to start with rF2 standard transmission would be: make damage model first and start from there. No rush, take your time. It would teach people to drive really. After several broken trannies in races, you might actually start to handle your virtual ride the way this level simulation expects from you in all other areas.

Turbo, Redpxl, Krevett62 and 6 others like this.
  15. FS7

FS7 Registered

I don't see why anyone would pay full price for CM's F1 games taking into account the same issues that keep coming back on every game. If you wait a few months eventually there will be a sale where all the F1 games including the newest one will be 75% off, and an even bigger discount if you buy the bundle.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Formula V is the decent one in the bunch imo

Mauro likes this.
  17. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Thanks to both dev teams for this pack.
    Didn't have much time today so have only tried modern Imola, but if the rest of the content is as good as that then there's tons of fun to be had here.

18. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Why the templates are not PBR compatible?
    Or at least, the region layers are not there, but the AO layer is there and visible, while is not required with PBR skins.

I have manually created region layers (just copy-paste from another template) and everything seems to work, so i guess are just the templates to not be up to date.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I agree with your sentiment, but (and I'm sorry to go OT a bit) I have to make 2 points:

1. No engine is screaming against the limiter in braking zones. The limiter only limits throttle, it doesn't stop the engine overrevving due to downshifts. Mods can already be made to implement severe engine damage in this scenario, though many don't.
    2. No matter what a game does, players either have to choose to police their actions by selecting the realistic option (unless the game excludes anyone that doesn't have a clutch pedal, or people with disabilities that stop them using a proper clutch), or choose not to exploit simple or complex workarounds that make the game's modelling redundant. Any time there's competition involved, no matter how much the game tries to monitor inputs and make people do the right thing, you can't rule out someone basically cheating their way around it. And that's as true for other games as it is for rF2.

I would welcome more realism in this regard, and for the most part I would choose to use those features (if it were a serious competition and I suspected others weren't doing it properly, I might reconsider). But we need to remain realistic on the outcome.

20. tpw

tpw Registered

OK so I decided to shrug off some of the negativity and entitlement that seems to have sprung up around this release, and put the $31AUD down despite being a backer (basically too impatient to wait for my freebie code) to see for myself. Basically for me this is money well spent to support my two favourite sim developers. Warning, opinions incoming (not facts):

It's a revelation seeing Reiza's beautifully crafted, optimised and detailed assets in rF2's vastly superior HDR DX11 engine. Tracks with proper shadowing, crowds that don't look like mannequins, moving trackside vehicles, glossy cars with proper environment reflections and cockpit shadowing, proper driver arms and animations, and basically the whole lot presented without the cartoonish palette and lighting that for me is the absolute major turnoff of AMS. I think the transition to rF2's physics and FFB has been handled really well, all the cars to me just handle and feel like a livelier and more pneumatic and detailed version of their AMS counterparts. In particular the lift off oversteer is communicated really effectively. The AI is not radically overpowered like many unfortunate mods, and I have to say I also far prefer driving these cars against rF2's better behaved AI who aren't magnetically attracted to the racing line and who will actually pay the price if they collide with you or each other.

I was lucky in that the MCR2000, Puma and FVee are my absolute favourite vehicles in AMS, and Ibarra, Imola 72 and VIR my favourite tracks. Guapore is not my absolute fave Brazilian track, (that is Velo Citta by a kilometer) but it's beautifully presented in this pack. The Puma P052 really fills a need in rF2 for a lower powered MX5 style club racer.

I'd hoped (and mistakenly opined) that given the delays the release would be completely bug free but alas I have a few issues that I hope to see addressed: the missing front suspension of the FVee, the lack of any damage textures, the overly horizontally stretched mirrors, and the slightly low car volume levels.

All in all I think the release is a triumph, and a tantalising glimpse of what Reiza can achieve when their awesome content isn't held back by the game engine. I'm glad I paid for it, and if they decide to release more of these packs to finance their future AMS2 development, I'll be all over them like a cheap suit.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Emery, Alex72, Levelup1 and 3 others like this.