[REL] rf2TVPlugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stefan_L_01, Jan 6, 2018.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi Stefan.
    Thank you for fhis tool.
    If we could edit the style would be fantastic.
    Now, depending on the resolution, the Overlays can appear one over the other.
    Screenshot_2018-10-24-14-00-59.png Screenshot_2018-10-24-14-00-04.png
    You can see the problem problem in the second image

2. Carlos Santos

Carlos Santos Registered

You can grab and drag them to anywhere you want (left click on the top left corner IIRC).

Thanks Stefan for keeping the support and add new stuff to this mega app :D We really appreciate it ;)

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Ok. Thank you.
    I'll try it tonight

4. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hey @Stefan_L_01 just wanted to say thanks for this tool, I used it yesterday for the first time and it was amazing to have the gap information and be able to quickly switch cameras. Really had fun streaming one of our league's races!!

The UI is still quite confusing to me, but hopefully soon I can fully understand how it works. Have you considered recording a video tutorial/demo on how to use it?

5. Warlitzki

Warlitzki Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01

Ich habe mal eine generelle Frage zu den Custom Cameras zu deinem rf2TVClient. In der Regel versuche ich die Probleme in rFactor immer selber zu lösen, doch diesmal stoße ich an meine Grenzen. xD

Gibt es irgendwie einen Trick, dass ich die Custom Cameras zum laufen kriegen, also dass da verschiedene Positionen drauf sind? Bei mir sind wohl durch den Mod automatisch das TV-Cockpit drin, würde aber gerne noch andere Cameras verwenden, wie die Heckkamera bei F1 usw.
    Also die Kameras, die eigentlich auf der Pos1-Taste sind, sollen als die Custom-Taste belegt werden.

Ich habe in der Cam-Datei vom Mod auch schon mal extra welche hinzugefügt. Doch das Problem scheint damit auch nicht behoben zu sein. :/
    Theoretisch brauche ich nur zwei weitere Kameras, und dann bin ich super glücklich mit dem Mod. ^^ Vielleicht kann ich auch einfach die ersten 5 umprogrammieren...müsste z.B. nur wissen, wo rauf z.B. Nose genau zugreift. :) Ich vermute ja mal, dass die auf die Cam Datei zugreifen. :)

Hoffe du kannst ein bisschen Licht ins dunkle bringen. ^^

Grüße
    Warli

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hab ich auch nicht geschafft. Ich dachte die custom cams sortieren sich numerisch irgendwie ein, deswegen auch die vielen cam Tasten, aber ist wohl nicht der Fall. Über die Plugin Schnittstelle sind custom cams wohl leider nicht auswählbar.
    Gruß

7. Warlitzki

Warlitzki Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01

Sorry falls ich nochmals störe. Aber ich hätte nochmals eine Frage, und leider komme ich trotz deiner Anleitung (Readme) nicht wirklich weiter.
    Das Plugin funktioniert soweit erstmal offline.

Ich habe jetzt nur ein Problem mit einem Dedicated Server. Wenn ich einen Server erstelle usw, Joine ich auf dem Server. Wenn ich dann das rf2TVPlugin starte und localhost + UID und connect drücke, verbindet sich das Plugin auch mit dem Server...die Fahrzeuge usw werden mir alle angezeigt. Auch die Ereignisse.
    Ich habe jetzt allerdings das Problem, dass nicht passiert, wenn ich auf die Kameras oder auf die Namen klicke. Offline funktioniert es ohne Probleme.

Bin ich einfach zu dumm?? xD
    Ich hab slebst das mit Spectator Mode = True und im Replay dann gestartet usw...aber er wechselt einfach nicht die Fahrer...vielleicht hast du ja eine Antwort für mich. ^^

Grüße
    Warli

8. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hi Warli, I only use it online, this are my steps:
    1. Connect to the race as spectator <- that's connecting to a remote dedicated server
    2. Open rF2TVPLugin
    3. Click "Connect" (I don't change any setting, just hit connect
    I don't do anything else and works for me.

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

HI
    Make sure the exe does not connect to the Server (local Server running on same PC), but to the spectator that is used for broadcasting. You need to assign different UID for the plugin in each plugin config (json) for your dedicated server player profile and your spectator profile (manual edit before start of dedi/rf2). Then set in the exe that UID number of spectator.
    The readme tries to explain this also.
    Hope this is the reason
    Also do not Forget to hit once R to activate replay mode for the spectator. you have to repeat for each session. Else you will be allways live I think. Have not tested recently
    BR
    Stefan

10. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Oder auf deutsch: Sicherstellen dass du Dich mit dem Spectator verbindest, nicht mit dem lokal laufenden Dedi Server. Dazu startet man den Dedi ja auch mit einem anderen Spielerprofil. Dort kann man in der CustomPluginVariables.json dann für das rf2TVPlugin den UID Parameter anders eingeben (manuell editieren), also z.B. für das Dedi Profil als 1.
    Wenn Dein Spectator Profil dann dort 0 hat (Default), wird sich das Exe tool mit 0 standardmäßig auch zum Spectator verbinden und nicht mehr zum Server.
    Haben beide eine 0, hat der Dedi (der i.d. Regel zuerst gestartet werden muss) schon den Kanal 0 belegt und der Spectator kann nicht mehr erreicht werden
    Gruss

Warlitzki likes this.
  11. Warlitzki

Warlitzki Registered

Ah alles klar. :)

Wenn man es so hört, dann macht es auch wieder einen Sinn. :) Ich habe es mal gerade getestet und es hat funktioniert.
    Ich danke dir Stefan. :)

12. Fernando Bruno

Fernando Bruno Registered

Hey Guys, just to be 100% sure, it doesn't work if I want to watch a Replay of a race happened before, right? I believe the replay doesn't send the info needed...

13. RoWo

RoWo Member

That's right!

14. jmarq10

jmarq10 Registered

just to let you know they did this with your plugin

is that tower the original modified or is it from another app?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  15. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

99% sure that tower is Simhub.

16. lagg

lagg Registered

upload_2019-3-27_11-41-18.png
    The standings have been done with Simhhub, and the data of the current driver with this plugin.

17. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01
    Is there any way to automate the pressing of the R key? I find I remember to do it right at the start of the session but when we progress between sessions I need to remember to move to my spectator PC to press R again or it doesn't record replays and try to do this in time before the race begins and jump back on my racing PC (ie. going from quali to race). Using a remote desktop on my racing PC is slightly easier but it is still hard as I have to remove my VR helmet and alt-tab to the remote desktop then put focus on the Rfactor Spectator screen (as it is focused on the rf2tvplugin and press R then move focus back to the rf2tvplugin) then put the VR helmet back on and move focus back to my RF2 racing screen). Is there a way to make your software automatically effectively press the R key once connected and particularly between session? Can anyone think of a way to automate this on the spectator PC which is unattended such that the PC grabs focus of the Rfactor 2 window and presses the R key to enable the 20 second replay function when a new session begins?
    Cheers

18. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Registered

This plugin is pretty awesome, as it stands. Thank you.

However, I do have a question.
    Is there any way / possibility to allow remote control, from a different PC?

ie
    [PC1] Spectator with plugin
    [PC2] TV Client connected to IP of the spectator (PC1): 1234556789

I have tried, but I would therefore require a port number, ie 123.456.789: 9000 I just do not know what that would be.
    Esentially, the person controlling the camera would be in a different location to the machine streaming from spectate mode.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

It may work only in a LAN, not by internet.
    It uses named pipes, not tcp/ip
    For Internet, a vpn tunnel maybe works, but I never tested it for pipes

Usually the person operating the tool is connected to the spectator pc by a remote control tool like ultravnc, Teamviewer... however to keep load low for streaming, they have to use low quality and see the live image much worse than it is streamed.
    Also getting their voice into stream needs some setup work.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  20. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Registered

No worries Stefan, thanks for the reply.

In our case, we already have a setup for Raceroom which allows all of this (remote cam control etc) without remote controlling the broadcasting PC (teamviewer etc). I am just trying to mimic it for rFactor 2 as best as I can. The auto-cam works nicely though ;)