CS-closed Fanatec Sebring 12 hour

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I have a question regarding the chance to win for viewers: Do I understand the procedure correct that I have to like/click...in each of the sites as Facebook, twitter, etc. that I can join? Means in the end I need to have an account for each application?

2. @Participants. Reminder
    Server reboot at 9:00, then only the Q/starting driver should rejoin the server.
    Getting close - good luck everyone!

3. Rene Buttler

Rene Buttler Registered

Hi fireballR18,

Let me quickly run you through the Gleam giveaway (bit.ly/2HyWDOL)

To take part, there are basically just 2 "mandatory" things to do.
    1. visit the page linked as the first "task"
    2. go back to the giveaway and make sure you are logged in (with name and email, or twitter, fb etc.) to make sure that your entry has a set of data to it we can use to contact you in case you won

After visiting the link and being logged in, the giveaway will have created an entry for you. This also unlocks some other methods to have more "tickets in the bowl", for example follow Fanatecs Twitter account, visiting a specific Facebook post etc.
    These are not mandatory but give you more tickets, so feel free to skip them, or do all of them or however you like :)

Hope that answered your question.

See you on the stream!
    Rene

4. Riccardo Corazzari and marmagas like this.
  5. MARVIN

MARVIN Registered

Hi Jimmi
    where we can follow the live video ?
    will there be coverage for all 12 hours ?
    THX

6. speedy84

speedy84 Registered

You can watch the event the whole 12 hours on the following sites...
    Twitch
    YouTube
    Facebook

Live Timing
    Good luck to S397 and all drivers. This is gonna be a big one ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    MaD_King likes this.
  7. Riccardo Corazzari

Riccardo Corazzari Registered

Another event gone for software issue.
    I really hope, for the sake of the community this game has (which is great imo), that studio397 will stop going for making new contents to sell and start fixing what has to be fixed.

- A tired costumer.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As frustrating as it is when a race ends due to a software issue they do unfortunately happen, if you can post as many details as possible (here or create a Bug Report) as to what happened it may help Studio397 reproduce and potentially find a fix for future events, thanks :)

Sean_S36 likes this.
  9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Odd question, as I'm going crazy at the moment. Was the liveries for this race released to the public? For some reason I can't find it any more. Only reason I ask is that I saw a Calloway that looked like the PWC version of the car. Was hoping to find that and adapt it to the PWC version, with approvals, if I can figure out who did it.

Paul Holt likes this.
  10. I think its been explained a few times, the studio has different people working on different things. A dev specialized in c++ is not all of a sudden making cars or tracks or the other way around. This last build includes a lot of logging to make sure that we can figure out why some people (mostly the same) keeps getting these freezes.

If you have enabled these logs please post them in this thread: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
    Not 100% sure if that was the issue for you though, if it was the AI take over - i´d like to have a chat with you one of these days to make me understand how you do driver swaps compared to others.
    Ping me on discord.

On that note, for anyone that is interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mhti1f4mgsg64k/Fanatec_Sebring.rar?dl=0 this is the replay files of Q and R

11. They were not released for public. The only Callaway that was in the race was Fair Racing Team, so perhaps reach out to them? :)

Paul Holt likes this.
  12. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

Hi I made the skin for our Callaway.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was working so only got to sneak about 10 minutes of viewing. I'd like to say I was impressed how well these drivers respected each other. Often when you have an online event with drivers that are not known to each other, it becomes a free-for-all. Kudos for that. But obviously I missed the ending. What happened?

14. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I get "Mod is currently not installed" error when trying to view the replay, it says the series of the replay is "VEC_R6_2"

15. Let me have a look, i might have packed up something wrong.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Who were the winners of the Fanatec contest? No info?

17. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

18. Updated 3rd post with replays

Slamfunk3, Risto Kappet and Eddy like this.
  19. Timotej Andonovski

Timotej Andonovski Registered

Gonna dive some reports for Team Rookie Monsters.

First off, we went into this race as extreme underdogs and qualifying P5 meant that we had the pace to be taken seriously.
    Climbing up to P3 at one point against this opposition is really confidence inspiring.
    Lorenzo and Matt did a mega job, keeping the car in P5 most of the time.
    From the moment I took over, the issues started.
    I had numerous (over 15) mini lag spikes, each costing at the very least 2-3 tenths and that does not include the distraction and repositioning of the car while battling with GT's and other LMP2s and the extra time lost time there. I posted the log in the needed thread, hopefully, we can get to the bottom of the issues I had (they started after the Thursday update).
    After my mere 2 stints filled with anxiety that one lag-spike might be race-ending, I gave the car back to Lorenzo.
    Halfway into his stint, the GTE Corvette warped into him, resulting with both cars in the wall. We lost over 300 seconds with that shunt.
    From there on it was a recovery drive and we finished P6. The result is good and we can move forward, but in the back of our heads, we will always think about what could have been.

About the update that was close to the race, may I ask, WHY? Why was there a necessity to do it? Please take a page out bigger esports games/leagues. If you were to take the biggest one, Dota2, Valve does not touch the game for more than 2 months before their biggest event with updates, whether does are balancing or gameplay updates. I am 90% that the patch was not tested thoroughly enough and all the issues we had in the race could have been avoided. I did 2 12h races before this one, the VEC one and the Bathurst one with the exact same settings on my pc, but after this update/patch/fix, all hell broke loose!
    Please keep this in mind for future events. A lot of teams' race was ruined by something that was out of their control. It's a matter of time when the damage will be irreversible and you will lose your community, following, fanbase.

Looking forward to the next one.

20. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

The files say they are modified at 09. march and 10. march, the dates of the VEC Sebring race, so i imagine you actually uploaded VEC replays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.