[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have to add that there is NO indication from rF2 in-game that displays a puncture/flat. You have to wait for the inevitable spin and wonder what just happened. The tire display 'should' indicate something is wrong. Thankfully the Chief lets us know.

2. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

That maybe, xfinity mod stockkcars, i had contact with the wall but no sign of pressure loss or to high temps so i thought thats a false positive.

My other little false messages appear with stock content, GT3. I think the CC messages should be ok with the 397 content ? So i can assume its a local problem ?

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I do not remember if stock content was correctly mapped, because I do not race S397 content, with the exception of Formula E. In any case, to fully utilize CC in a moddable game like rF2 is, it is important to understand CC class mappings, because I can't cover all the possible content myself, and without correct mappings you'll get wrong position and temperature messages. If you or anyone else have class mappings they'd like to add, please feel free to send me information I need to add those into CC (it is all explained in the class mapping thread). Also note that a lot of rF2's content has ambigous vehicle class names (authoring bug) so you can only map them locally.

atomed and Akela_DE like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

also remember, rF2 will show your overall position on the track map and your class position on the Class LED scoring panel on your car. CC reports your class position, so you may hear your 1st from CC, but rF2 shows you as 8th. Neither is wrong.

JimmyT likes this.
  5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Righty right! You can override CC's multi-class behavior by using property "Force single class" :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    JimmyT likes this.
  6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I get the puncture message sometimes and the car still drives OK but then it seems that the car starts pulling that way under brake after a while, as the air leaks out? Puncture may not necessarily mean blowout, might be a slow leak? o_O
    This is just a guess, a S397 dev may be able to shed more light on it. ;)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes, it is a leak, hard to tell how fast without looking into telemetry, but you generally have to pit ASAP - that's my observation.

JimmyT likes this.
  8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I had an on-line race with a friend and a bunch of AI on Friday night. I had a major off and finished last, and was lambasted by my bl**dy crew chief.:mad: Told me that the crew had wasted all their F**k'n weekends :mad: and that I was crap as a driver, :mad: he went ballistic at me.
    Seriously??:eek:

I laughed so hard I crashed the car. :p :D :D

Thanks for the added sounds, they're soo good. :cool:
    Awesome.

atomed, Alex72, Louis and 1 other person like this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It would help if the tire hud gave some indication of this. Leak, totally flat or detached.

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

If you do need a UI indication, you could probably get something from the SimHub, because SimHub relies on my plugin. Pretty much everything exposed by rF2 via official API is available to SimHub. SimHub is fully customizable, and mFlat/mPressure/mDetached fields are available to it. Assuming rF2 implements mPressure, you could even tell flat from leak. Note that this is hearsay, I don't use any UI so did not try that.

11. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I want to thank you for this, it is brilliant!!

atomed, JimmyT, Seven Smiles and 4 others like this.
  12. elbo

elbo Registered

I am using CC with RF2, every time I start it up it says it has to install files to RF2.
    I don't remember it having to do that before, is it something I did wrong during an update?
    Other than that is works great.

13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

It has to install c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins\rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll otherwise it won't work but that only has to be installed once. I suppose you might have the older version of the DLL (it changed recently) and CC doesn't have permission to overwrite it, in which case try deleting it so CC can install the new one.

14. elbo

elbo Registered

yep, that worked, thanks!

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello Guys,

New beta of Crew Chief implements Rolling/Formation/FCY order messages for online sessions. It is still missing some offline features, like SC speed annoucement, but a step forward. If you race online give it a try:
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.9.7.2.msi

Note that this requires "EnableDirectMemoryAccess":1

Additionally, wanted to make you aware of option called "Use rF2's real wheel size for lock/spin messages" . If enabled, CC will use rF2 reported wheel size for spin/lock detectin rather than values coming from car classes. This might make detection slightly more correct.

Lastly, this version fixes damage not reset if returning to garage using Escape in Practice and Qualification.

atomed, elbo, EsxPaul and 1 other person like this.
  16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Thank you very much to the creators of CrewChief, this software is amazing !
    @The Iron Wolf
    @mr_belowski.

I want to be notified by the spotter as soon as possible to :

- "clear"
    - "hold your line" (and with the most repetitions)
    - And that the spotter is the most reactive possible when an AI is nearby.

I am not sure which values to enter.
    I believe the corresponding fields are in the "spotter" tab.

Can you help me ?

Thank you so much.

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Set "spotter update interval" to smaller value than 50, for example 30, 10 or even 0, but keep in mind it'll increase CPU usage.

Edit: I would say don't do that unless you have 6 core or higher with HT, and run nothing but rF2 and CC. Even then, not very good idea. Default of 50ms is nearly instant.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Thank you very very much man.

19. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Sorry @The Iron Wolf Where is this setting? TIA

20. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1011-rFactor-2-Unofficial-Features

EsxPaul and The Iron Wolf like this.