[REL] Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by LilSki, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Bernd

Bernd Registered

After reading most of the posts, i want to add something to this thread, that has to be fixed in the AIW.
    A long time ago, Chris (redapg) pointed me to a problem that causes different strange or wrong behaviour of the AI.
    It's when corridors of the main track and the pitlane are overlapping between the xpitin and xpitout object, what is the case here, as you can see on the below screenshot, where i have marked some waypoints where corridors are overlapping in that area.
    Chris has written a tutorial about it long time ago, that can be downloaded on his online tools website.
    Here is a direct link of that tutorial.
    I would strongly recommend to fix that issue.
    overlapping_corr.jpg

Mauro and Emery like this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I found that myself whilst investigating the AI and informed Digga awhile ago, in my tests it fixed the issue described in the previous page :)

Mauro likes this.
  3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Do you mean your post #36?
    There you talk about the fastest and block path, which is something different. ;)
    The problem what i have described causes that the race don't starts if you, for example, use the rolling start with a formation lap.
    And also that cars run out of fuel during the formation lap can be caused by that.
    It definately should be fixed. :)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No I spoke privately with Digga after that, sorry I wasn't clear enough earlier, in my tests I found the Pit WayPoint Connections to be the issue with AI slowing down on the Front Straight when a car was leaving the Pit Lane. I did not test rolling starts so that's another issue that's perhaps related :)

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

OK, i can not know that a private conversation did happen. :)
    Did he say that they plan a fix, because in the posts here it don't sounds like that.
    BTW i did not notice the cars slowing down, but maybe it only happens under special circumstances.
    But the overlapping corridors should be fixed in any case.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sorry I won't repeat private conversations in public, you'll have to ask him yourself :)

7. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

Has any triplescreen user else experienced performance problems at race start on this track in the time from dusk till dawn?
    Even on lowest settings I had FPS drops below 60 (below 40 with my normal settings) at certain parts of the track f.e. right after the bridge at the end of the start/finish straight. It even happens sometimes later in the race, when the field is stretched out. Have a 1080, Sebring and Zandvoort are running with 60+ FPS at night/low sun with quite high graphics and 12 visible AI. I was using S397/reiza cars and mak group c mod.
    Would be really interesting to know if I'm the only one with this issue. It's one of my favourite tracks and I would like to race it at other times than bright day. Don't know what will happen in online mode. All the races i joined so far have been in daylight.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  8. dazzer

dazzer Registered

rf2 is to throw a coin to luck, in my case the only clue that gives me problems is sebring, in this case with 3 monitors I have not had any problem with more than 30 cars, but in sebring I can only use a maximum of 20

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

& that is why they included the 2nd full layout without all the trackside objects.

10. dazzer

dazzer Registered

i know, but in my case it's not much change with the other version