Workaround - Error "Password Invalid" or "Package not Available".

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

In the current Build 1080 with open servers that do not have a join password you may encounter the following errors:

"Password Invalid" or "package not available".

Here is the current workaround:

1)
    Remove all .rfcmps from your servers default package folder and store them in another location. DO NOT "uninstall" any rfcmps, you only need to place the rfcmps files themselves in another location. The default location of the package folder is in the Main rF2 directory. IMPORTANT: Make sure you leave the RaceEvent/rfmod(vmod) in the package folder of the server.

2) Next you will need to have any users joining your server pre-install 'any and all' rfcmps that do not have a GET URL specified. Example: some third party content does not have a GET URL. So if you get the error "package not available", then you are running rfcmps that do not have a GET URL and it therefore cannot be downloaded remotely (from mediafire, dropbox etc).
    **If you are only running ISI official content users will not need to pre-install any content, it should download automatically when joining the server via GET.

Once you have completed these steps users should be able to join your server no problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to ask any questions if you are still having issues.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, we hope to get a fix out soon. Thank you for your understanding.

2. Stringbean781

Stringbean781 Registered

I’m having confusion following these directions. Any possible way you can make a more detailed step by step solution? Also how do I edit GET URL’s for mods and do steamworkshop mods require this?

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

4. Stringbean781

Stringbean781 Registered

Thank you for replying Ari! So an issue has now come up. So before all of this I was able to join on same pc as ded but other computers, the vehicle list would either not load or it would say package not available.

So a while back I uninstalled rFactor 2 from steam on my C drive and then reinstalled rFactor 2 to my F drive. All mods were redownlownloaded through steam and worked in game.(this drive move is when error began popping up for ded server)

So I went to my packages in new F drive install to follow Chris’s fix but there were no packages there! I found them back on my C drive where I uninstalled rFactor from. I moved the .rfcmps files to a different folder(didn’t fix no package error) then I went into GAS took and change the package directory to my new F drive location and create a new package. Now I can’t even get in on same computer as DED let alone others.

I am tired of trying to trouble shoot this and am willing to just start from fresh. How do I uninstall all of rFactor 2 including server information and Gas package? I want to make it so when in install rFactor 2 again it’s like getting it for the first time to see if I can get it back working that way.