when will the Porsche be fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg Daniels, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

I have now driven three races in a league with the Porsche. And something is wrong with that. I tried everything on the setup, in every direction, I can not think of anything anymore. Compared to the other GT3 cars, it's hard to drive, which I like, but it's slower. And if you try to get to the pace of others, for example. by less rear spoiler, then it becomes impassable for me.

How do you find the Porsche?
    Do you have such problems with driving fast? With others such as with the Corvette, Aston, etc I am directly faster, without setup.

Have a nice day
    Greg

Tim Schneider likes this.
  2. philman

philman Registered

Did you try a negative toe in for front wheels?

Levelup1 and SRGP like this.
  3. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I'm surprised you say that actually. I personally have the Porsche as one of the cars I feel fastest in. You are correct though about rear wing. Seems like anything below 6 makes it undriveable and serves no purpose other than to tempt you to gain more top speed.

Where do you find it slow? You absolutely cannot throw it into a corner the way you can with the other cars or you are in trouble, but the brakes on it are amazing and probably a better way of rotating the car.

4. Greg23

Greg23 Registered

Do you know how to drive a Porsche? You cannot brake deep into the corner. Get your braking finished early, then accelerate way before you think you should. The rear will just dig in and go. At least that's been my experience.

5. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

Of course I tried it too :)

Maybe you just feel fast with it? But in direct comparison with the other gt3 cars, it is slower. For example, I drove at Sebring with the Porsche, then with the Corvette and Aston and had to say that the other two were better to drive and faster. Of course, I can do something wrong. But in other sims, I preferred to drive Porsche.

maybe you have a usable setup. Stable and fast? :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  6. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I got a good setup from a fast guy and it felt solid for me. I will post it when I can. When I mentioned the brakes, I certainly did not mean late braking.. with the Porsche it doesn't seem to work (for me anyway) I find I have to take the corners differently, and as you said, brake early, make sure the car is balanced and I try to accelerate early out of the turn. The brakes help me to point the nose the right direction nice and early and to balance the weight.
    The Vette and Aston I agree with you on. Last season eveyone in my league used the Vette....this season, everyone is using the Aston and it is no secret why.

7. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

The issue with the Porsche for my experience is how it behaves once the tires are worn. With full tank and new tires it feel really good and it's fast, but in a long run there is no way to compete against other cars, the tank is placed in the front, so with low fuel is a big pendolum and you will drift in every corner hoping to not die.
    Contrariwise, with the Vette or the Aston you can push how you want for the entire stint, and in some track you will even be fast as with new tires and full tank because you are lighter, while Porsche's drivers are struggling and lapping 2-3 seconds slower.
    It's good for sprint races, but very off the pace in >1h long races.
    It suffers more in tracks like Paul Ricard, Spa, Watkins Glen etc, because you will need to use med-high rear wing while other cars can run low wing without problem for the entire race.

I still don't get why the preload is not adjustable though, it would really benefit from it.

8. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

And now it looks like a big BOP just happened so maybe some issues will be sorted.

Edit: never mind. Seems like it was a refuel BOP only

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  9. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Just refuel time.

10. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

Yes, I am aware of the brakes. What you have to do at the Porsche to be fast. To steer with the brakes :)
    I think it's a pity that Studio 397 does not do anything about the BOP. As was also the case at the 12H race in Sebring. In the GTE only a Porsche otherwise only BMWs. Etc.
    And in other leagues, communities, this trend is clearly felt.

With worn tires, the Porsche is only "the bitchy one" Not only will it be even harder to drive, one way or the other, the loss of time through the tires is not compensated, as it is with the other GT3 cars. Such as. on the Aston, which you can push from the first to the last lap.

Of course it is possible to drive with the Porsche with little rear wing. But only a few laps, then nothing works. You have to be so careful that the tail is not flown to you. Not nice. Then rather more rear wing and safely through the especially fast curves to come. And on the straight you will pass without a chance. Unfortunately.

The bias, yes not only this is missing to be able to set the car properly.

Thank you for your answers. These reinforce my opinion. So no imagination or excuse :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I love both new Porsche's but I don't race just enjoy doing some laps so can't say how fast it is. Just wanted to know if something has been done? I thought it felt nicer since release now.

12. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

With a set up it's fine. I've driven it at two separate tracks, and each requires a special set up.