Rubber banding AI cars ...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Racefreak1976, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

in single player I get lots of rubber banding AI cars when they are close to me. They even crash into me most times because of it. Could this be because of my old CPU (I7 2600K @ 4.2 GHz)?

I've seen another thread on here but it is about server stuff, so I'm not sure if this is related to my issue.
    Also, it mostly happens when I'm streaming to YT with OBS.

Any ideas how to fix this without getting a new CPU?

Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What does the Ctrl-C graph show? Does the horizontal purple bar reach the right edge at all?

3. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Check in realtime cpu cores load if they aren't hitting 100% during this moments. Your CPU is oldie but goldie, you could overclock it much more.

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I dont know how those bars are supposed to look when you are ok? I think both my bars go to the right fully AND upwards/downwards. I have fluid gameplay though at all times so i dont know what to think.

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JimmyT If the AI behaviour is CPU related, then probably. Ctrl-C will confirm that though.

@Alex72 The purple horizontal bar won't be reaching the right edge if you have smooth gameplay. With your CPU I doubt it passes around 40% at all.

7. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Ok, just tested the Ctrl+C thing and it is at about 50% at all times. However, there was no rubberbanding going on.
    As I mentioned before it mostly happens when streaming to YT with OBS. Not sure how much of an impact OBS has on my CPU at this point.
    I have tried to reduce the OBS CPU load as much as possible.
    Will it help if I prioritize the rF2 process to high or realtime? Not sure how to do that in Win10, though.

Yes, I think so. I only saw it after my posting. The title didn't mean much to me at first. Not a tech guy. :)

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hmm, maybe i take the 1 pixel line going horizontally as a "bar". Cheers Lazza.