The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Pricing compels one to buy the whole pack. For instance, if you want the track pack plus just a single car, it's cheaper to buy the whole pack.

pkelly and Mauro like this.
  2. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I figured that would be the case. I have zero interest in the Formula Vee, but I always planned on getting the whole pack anyways

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I feel the DLC for packs is overpriced. The full pack is 20 euros, track pack 15 euros. For comparison, the Automobilista Brit Pack contains 3 tracks and an equivalent number of cars, and its $15 i.e. 13 euro. Each track in the Legendary packs are $7 each, so the individual tracks are about the same price. But the packs aren't great value for money, and especially if you think they already put in much of the work to create them for AMS (which I also own) - the entire DLC collection is only $35 for AMS along with $30 for the game, or $40 bundled.

I will probably only buy Imola and VIR given these prices because the cars aren't at all interesting to me, but we desperately need high quality tracks; I just hope the quality is there with those and the graphics/textures and road meshes are improved over those for AMS and properly extend the new features like rain/puddles and realroad. Maybe my expectations are too high but with Sebring only double the price and laser scanned, its a tall order for these tracks to live up to given their heritage.

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I'm on the fence with this purchase. Imola and Ibarra are fantastic tracks and the Metamoro is an excellent car along with the MCR2000 (better version of Radical in my opinion).

The problem is i'm still feeling a bit stung by the GTE/GT3 purchase as there are some glaring issues with those cars that haven't been addressed yet. On the other hand, everything AMS has produced has been absolute top quality and I look forward to the chance to compare tire models with the same car.

I might have to wait and see how good the quality is on these pieces.

5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The Reiza DLC would be a "no-brainer" for me but, I'm a campaign supporter and will get it at no additional cost. :p:)
    I expect the content to be very close to how it is in AMS and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Reiza's tracks generally provide excellent surface detail and terrain character.

The Formula-Vee may be one of my all-time favorite Sim-cars so I'm thrilled to have that in the package. The MCR2000 should play well with the Radical SRX3 and the Puma's are a blast to throw around in AMS. The icing on the cake is going to be having VR-support with this Reiza content so, I'm really looking forward to this pack's arrival.

bravotangosix, Neawoulf and Magus like this.
  6. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I don't understand this logic because S397 have no ties to this DLC so holding your gripes with the GT3/GTE purchases is putting your frustrations with S397 on Reiza.

Emery likes this.
  7. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Just a pity that those of us that also bought the Season Pass as we thought we were supporting Rieza but it happened to be purchased through Steam are not given the same consideration as those that bought it directly from Reiza. At the time there was not the information available to point out that there was any difference we were just supporting Reiza.

EsxPaul, DustySticks and ADSTA like this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm surprised Reiza have kept the doors open for people to apply for the pack free, it seems there are near 300 people getting (or trying) the packs free atm, it amazes me that so many seem to have purchased directly from Reiza yet so few actually play the game!

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Really...not...you will be surprised by numbers...

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

We are not getting it for free. We paid Reiza ( a lng time ago) for their next gen content. They will probably deliver that this year.
    Whislt AMS is OK, It is nowhere near rF2 quality. Feel free to disagree. I got plenty of rFactor1+ content, but i was already using rF2 by then. Sure content may be better, physics may be better, graphics is not. Totally IMHO.
    So, no matter how many times I try AMS ( and I tried again today) It is rF1+, but it is not rF2. Again totally IMHO. I paid for Reiza to do a next gen sim several years ago. This year, I may get it.
    So you may be surprised - or even disappointed you did not back them - I dunno.
    Once again IMHO - I am getting what I paid for a long time ago.

Emery, mesfigas, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah, I backed em ;) just surprised so many did, didn't say anything other than that, I'm surprised how many are here saying they did!

With the amount I paid and I'm sure everyone else paid years ago and still managing to get more all these years later certainly feels like it's free as that money for me was long gone and forgotten, I will take it and have fun with it while waiting for AMS 2 and be grateful for the work done.

Brack Jabham likes this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Must be in leagues and private servers because i get no one to play with when trying online, just lucky the Ai is so good ;)

13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I am not surprised so many people backed them. They promised a lot.

I (personally) am disappointed they have taken so long to deliver what they said. They still haven't, so they took my money and gave me something I don't use.

So I hope they will actually deliver what I paid for so many years ago (and that is not AMS content in rF2). They have tried to keep us happy by doing something, but it is a long way from what was promised.

Edit: Amending my post slightly. They were deliberately vague in the campaign funding. They were funded July 26, 2015. AMS was a "stop gap". We may get the new sim we backed this year.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Emery likes this.
  14. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

No one backed the new sim.
    The objective of the campaign was very clear: "This campaign intends to raise a complementary budget for continuing developing GSCE & FTruck further, allowing us to best exploit the resources we now have for a substantial short-term evolution. "
    You don't backed the new game, the new game is the bonus for the AMS backers entitled to it as a gift.
    Very clear from the indiegogo campaing.

alexSchmurtz and mantasisg like this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, I stopped counting how many times I had to explain this for people, they got some serious reading comprehension issues.
    If I remember right the campain page (or was in a comment from Renato) said that the actual next title already had a budget set from Reiza. If anything the time they spent with AMS made this "next title" something much better than it was going to be if they made it years ago.

Daytona 675 likes this.
  16. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

Hey folks :) firstly I appreciate both the kind and constructive feedback offered in this topic. I´d like to clarify a few points with regards to some of that feedback:

As explained above the campaign aimed to raise funds for developing SCE & FTruck, eventually combined into Automobilista; although the new title was included as a perk in some investment levels it´s not accurate to say the campaign was designed to fund anything other than the developments that combined into AMS.

The other side of the coin is that we did indeed offer the new title as one of the perks in the higher investment levels with a tentative schedule we blew past a while ago already, so we´re still due to deliver that to some people and offering further perks (be it extra free AMS DLC or this rF2 DLC) to those who backed us at an important time is a way for us to try ensure they´re getting their faith rewarded.

Another important point to clarify is that S397 does have a participation in the Reiza rF2 Bundle sales, so it´s also to their credit they´ve agreed to concede free copies to people who backed us.

Finally on pricing, there are many things to consider: more parties involved, higher licensing costs and dilluting value from our own independent releases all mean the pack needs to generate more revenue to make it worthwhile overall. All things considered I believe Bundle is priced at a good balance between doing that and offering great value for the buck to rF2 users, but obviously that´s a call everyone should make on their own :)

Hope that makes things clearer!

andrea_274, Emery, muzikant and 22 others like this.
  17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

To me, the further evolution of AMS and additional content would likely play a big part in their new title so I could only see it as being beneficial in the long run. AMS turned out to be one of my favorite Sim-titles and time spent in it never ceases to put a smile on my Sim-racing heart. :)

Being a very small Indy-studio has it benefits and imitations. I own a very small business, and perhaps it's why I can appreciate their - no doubt, endless challenges that come with it. Still, the customers that do stick with us generally turn out to be the most loyal and most appreciative ones we could ever imagine.

Contrast that with some other larger studios where the developers basically say, if you don't like feature-X (or lack of it), you should just go play another title. So, if we don't like what is designed to suit the majority, then we should just go p!ss off. The difference in attitude is something that separates the small from the large, despite the fact that the large ones tend to have the resources to do more, it's often the smaller ones that provide the better service or product in the end.

That's pretty much how I see Reiza and S397 in the current Sim-climate; they stand out to me because they are small and do things a bit differently despite the financial pressures that exist, to do things that appeal to the masses. That makes their products a better value in my eyes, even if others have flashier graphics, or are advertised as having the most realistic widgets ever. It's the small studios that tend to care about what Sim-racer's want and consider, even those of us that fall outside the norm's as having valid opinions.

muzikant and EsxPaul like this.
  18. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

I backed Reiza , cost 100 euro , why —- I really enjoyed everything about the sim and the promise of VR support was so attractive I could not resist , sadly this never happened and always wondered was this the real bate on indiegogo to raise funds .

Looking forward to the new content , should be interesting to see what the deliver.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Whats up with that VR... why everyone wants to put on that scifi helmet and completely erase themselves from real environment and hurt the eyes :D

I tried VR a couple of times, was very impressed by the depth perception and it is very tempting for that, but everything else.... not yet, not for everybody.

Thats why I am surprised how incredibly some simracers gets attached to VR after they try it. I understand the need of it, I have worked on one race track mod with insane amplitudes and struggled to make it precise, many said something is not true to life, and mostly of that was caused by lack of depth perception. But not understand the strength of attachment, I guess some people get addicted more easily and stronger than others :)

I am sure these tracks in new engine that supports VR and also many other things will be epic.

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Thanks renato for info.

I'll buy reiza dlc bundle on day1 because i want to support your work

.... And i wish there could be future dlc like this (maybe with historic contents :) )

pkelly and David Kolody like this.