FFB with new Tires

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fab06, Mar 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fab06

fab06 Registered

hello

i have a old G27 and a G920 that do the job for almost game since many years but with the 3 new pack from S397 thats not very good .. and perhaps its the worst FFB since my fisrt driving wheel 20 ago because it was not a FFB Wheel ..

so for all this new cars with new tires (S397/Endurance Series/etc..) FFB is Strong , no zero force in the center of the wheel , still good when i go on the grass or on a bumper but theres nothing when i drive on Road track (exept on Sebring/Nordschleife) only some weird vibration sometime ..

so after few minutes with all those new cars, i left the track/race because its so boring to drive such flat cars ..
    the G27 FFB is still very good with FWD cars (BTCC Mod for exemple) and some others RWD cars (not all mods ;) ) ..

is theres something to change somewhere for to have a better FFB in RF2 for those new cars with Logitec wheel ??

(sorry for my bad english)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Start by moving your player folder out to somewhere else so the game generates fresh controller etc files, reassign the controls if necessary (or at least check the inputs look correct), and see if it's the same. If so, please share your logitech settings here and your in-game settings (though obviously if you start with fresh files they should all be default anyway).

I recall a couple of months back someone who had been reporting strange FFB had it corrected with either clean files or a fresh install, but rF2 itself isn't the only variable so it could be something else or you are looking for something the FFB just doesn't provide. (another small possibility is a wheel issue, but not likely with a G27)

3. fab06

fab06 Registered

After test this with my G27 and my G29 .. desinstall/reinstalled all steering wheel driver , its the same boring FFB with offical Cars :confused:
    Very precise/specific but Flat , Flat , flat .. zzzz

i think its the CPM2 that dont give something good with logitec wheel ..

fortunately i have my private cars (CPM 666.666 :) ) that run fine with the swiss steering wheels on RF2 (and some others cars from workshop ;) ) i can still sweat in my Rseat with my G27 during some race

instead i think i dont drive anymore in RF2 Race with all the ligue who do champ with official "flat" car pack :eek:

ill wait the Reiza car pack to see if theres a difference in the steeringwheel or perhaps a "Pc-Racer" will do a better job for RF2 , until then ... :oops:

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You didn't even try to fix it. But that's your loss

5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

When I used a Logitech wheel, I didn't like rF2 FFB much at all. It became better when I changed to the Fanatec CSW, and it improved a lot when I got my first DD-wheel.

Short of upgrading your wheel, I'm pretty sure there are things you can do to improve the FFB but, double check to be sure that there are no assist's enabled or speed-sensitive steering active (by default). It's surprising how many people get caught out by that one, I've over-looked that myself a couple of times. Min-force should help with the Logitech wheels too.

6. Jego

Jego Registered

Also with my t300 the ffb for the low forces has gone weaker with the new cars.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

So, you wrote a post to resolve a problem or to say to the world that you plan to play something else?
    I have a G27, and FFB is fine on every car.

8. Liongivre

Liongivre Registered

A lot of infos goes through the FFB smoothing and the ffb minimum torque.
    Reduces the FFB Smoothing to 0 and increases your minimum torque ffb. For a first value, test with your G27-g29 to 7% and increases or decreases depending on your feeling you will find the deformation of the tires and mass transfers, and the bumps of the circuit.

I have recommended these changes to many people and they are all satisfied