Race director vocal chat

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Daniele Vidimari, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

As per title. I think it would be a very nice addition, since we would not be forced to make our drivers join TS (discord doesn't have a whisper feature), and TS is becoming expensive AFAIK, but i don't use it anymore from long time.
    The race director could do a short briefing during the warmup, warn about slow cars on track, explain the reason of a live penalty etc, but without using the now old and forgotten Team Speak.

Jego likes this.
  2. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's almost like you need a version of Mumble where you have individual channels for each team, and then a master channel that can talk to all of them.

So:

- GNS Endurance
    - SimHQ Motorsport
    - SimRacersR'Us
    - etc
    - etc
    - etc

So they can't talk to each other, only communicate with people in their channels, but the race director (or Admin) channel can talk to ALL of them if they have to.

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Still a 3rd party tool which requires all the drivers to stay there, most of community are using Discord, and this requires to move from it to that, at least for the races. That's why i wish to have something similar directly in-game, but not a general vocal chat, just a vocal channel for a race director.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is always this to consider. Say they build in a director chat like you want. Then say some update breaks that chat function. Then how long until it get fixed???

6. Jego

Jego Registered

Erm are you serious?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

DEAD SERIOUS. S397 has done wonders updating rF2, but there is a fairly substantial list of broken or missing items that have yet to be addressed. Just, for example, consider the new graphic system. I'd guess nearly 100 new skins have been introduced by users, but can you create a field of such cars for offline racing?