[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. knackko

knackko Registered

Yes I saw that in fact scheduler should be used instead of crontab in web2py. I will see how to automate this.

2. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Hi Nibo. Is there anyway to relink two files (a race and a qualifying) that have become unlinked?

Link to image
    https://ibb.co/SKXWx8p

[​IMG]
    See image for reference, the qualifying doesnt appear under the race session.

Thanks as always.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

<DateTime> and <TimeString> tags in Qual log should have the same values as Race log (lines 9-10 in xml). Open Race and Qual xml in some text editor, copy <DateTime> and <TimeString> values from Race xml to Qual xml. Save changes, press "Refresh" in r2la.

4. RoWo

RoWo Member

@Nibo
    Is it possible to add a rookie rating to the Championship Manager? So that you can mark certain drivers as rookies and configure a bonus score.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can do this with classes. Set "Championship car classes" to "Manual" on Championship Edit page. Then press "Manage Classes" on Championship page. Create class "Rookies" and add drivers there. Downside is - you'll have to manage all classes in this championship manually.

6. evernever

evernever Registered

Hi everyone
    I installed on our dedicated r2la server, we use in our championship a qualification that lasts for 2 days (from Friday to 00:00 to Saturday at 23:59) and I wanted to manage it.

I noticed two things:

1- The countdown time, once the event is launched, is known to the UK timezone, therefore -1 hour compared to Italy.
    2 - If a time has been made to mark before midnight, but the log xml of the session was created near, example at 00:01 on Sunday, (because the log is created at the end of the session) "Contest hosted".

How can I solve these two things?
    Thank you so much, it's a spectacular application.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Competition start/end time is GMT(UTC) only. I was not able to provide time zone support, because its very tricky. I need for server and every user to see the same countdown not dependent on their local PC time (users can be in different countries and time zones). You will have to rely on countdown time as it is.

For second question, you can make sure that your server shuts down before countdown ends. Or you can correct timestamps in xml that went out of time range. Open xml in some text editor and change <TimeString> tag in line 34 to time before midnight GMT. Save changes, then "refresh" r2la, it should be picked up by competition filter if it was out of time range before. Here is screenshot with that that tag highlighted:
    date_time.png

8. evernever

evernever Registered

Thanks for the reply. :)

so I can not know if the lap time at which effective time was made.
    But only if it is part of an xml dated within the time limit of the countdown.

for the second question, is there a procedure (batch file?) to shut down the server in a programmed way?

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't know about that. You can ask, maybe other admins know.

I want to warn you, that if you are collecting driver times from your server sessions with r2la competitions you need to know that rF2 may not write to xml report data for drivers that left the server before it was shut down. So it may not be reliable tool to collect the times when drivers join, do some laps and leave server during the day. You need to check if it works for your sessions and if it remembers all laptimes correctly (probably not).

10. evernever

evernever Registered

ok, thanks for the clarification.

I found, turning on the forum, a way to restart the server automatically, with a file powershell
    (if someone could serve I put the link: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....e-with-an-dedicated-server.46974/#post-782329)

11. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hi, I have a side question, regarding the classes. I'm looking for a way to include a rookie class in our league-mod, so we can automatically make separate standing for rookies using rf2la. Our .mass-file includes .dds- and .veh-files.
    Rf2la can automatically read out Category, CarType, CarClass, TeamName from XML-files. It would make sense to use CarClass (or CarType) for this separations, for example USF2000 and USF2000_R.

However, the parameters in the .veh-files have different names than the ones in the XML-files. For instance: TeamName (xml) is called Team (veh), and VehName (xml) corresponds with Description (veh).
    The problem is, there is no such thing as CarClass or CarType in a .veh-file, and there are no other fields with the corresponding values in the XML-file (from the same mod). There is a line called 'Classes', but that has a different value and is used for the 'Opponent Filter' in the options apparently.
    Does anyone know how to edit CarClass and/of CarType?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  12. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

@Lenniepen don't know about USF2000 but Official Oreca has classes:

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////

Number=85
    Team="JDC"
    PitGroup="Group1"
    Driver="Jamie Goraidh"
    Description="Oreca 07 #85"
    Engine="5.5l V8"
    Manufacturer="Oreca"
    Classes="DPi, LMP2, LMP2_Oreca_07"

FullTeamName="JDC"
    TeamHeadquarters=""

Category="Oreca, Oreca 07"

13. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I have a little "wish" or request, having the ability to set points for "stages", as NASCAR or some old endurance races, after X laps or X time there is a classification with points, plus the ability to set how many stages of course, a 24h can be splitted in 4 stages of 6h for example etc.

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe I can add 4 slots for bonus points for time/lap and percentage of overall points to assign on that time/lap. For laps its relatively easy. For times I will need to calculate a lap on which race timer reached time X from sum of lap leader times and assign points for positions at the end of that lap. It would be hard to test how good time calculation works, but I can try.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  15. DI3GO

DI3GO Registered

Hi! sorry for my bad English, and if the question was previously ...

Currently when a session is restarted, pilots who are no longer on the server their data is lost, only the data of the pilots who are on the server are saved at the time of restarting the session. Is it just my fault? or is it like that and can not be solved?

In case i do not explain well, an example: pilots A / B / C / D are on the server training in practice1. After 1 hour, the A / B pilots finish training and leave, they remain only C / D and continue training, until the session ends and they decide to restart the weekend, to start the practice again. The log that is saved, only appear C / D, no trace of A / B, as if they had not been in the server. It only happens when it is restarted, if it is passed to the next session, if it saves the data.

Any solution? update the system to the latest version, but it's still the same ...

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That is how rFactor 2 works, unfortunately. I think for Race session disconnected drivers are saved in xml, but for all others not. You can try Qualy session, but I think it works the same as Practice.

DI3GO likes this.
  17. DI3GO

DI3GO Registered

Well it's a shame, especially since going to the next session if the data is kept, so if it's rF2 problem I guess they could solve it easily but they have not bothered ... :(

Thanks for quick answering

18. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Hi,

I exported a timetrial to a results file and when I try to view the file or assign it the results to a championship I get this:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.report.report.py", line 61, in report
      File "C:\Users\JR\Desktop\Log Analyser\rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.18\web2py\gluon\cache.py", line 253, in __call__
        value = f()
      File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.report.report.py", line 61, in <lambda>
      File "D:\web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la/modules\la_core.py", line 397, in create_event
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'infodict'
    Here is the file created:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRWLrTOCx0gcAISwsDern4ga4xfdbeat/view?usp=sharing

The filename is: Maserati 250F @ Buenos Aires #12_.xml

I think the # is the cause because if I remove the #12 it works.

Thanks

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Nobkins, yes that's because of "#" symbol. Don't use it in competition name for now if you need to export competition results to xml. I will fix this in next update.

20. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Sure no problem. Thanks Nibo.