[REL] Riverside International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by toebee, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Riverside
    one of my favourite track
    thanks!

[​IMG]

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

car? (Chaparral 2d) check. Track (Riverside) Check. Wheel....?? Wheel???? ;(

3. bears

bears Registered

Great release thank you

4. philrob

philrob Registered

Great work on this, fantastic drive, thank you all.

5. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I tried the track yesterday. It looks really well, I like the ondulations on the surface and the change of elevations.

Two things I noticed that could may be revised are: the car rebound on the garage when you click "race" button. It looks like the car is under the ground while standing there. The other one is that the tracks seems to have very few grip.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I've been really excited for this track once it was announced. Glad to see it finally got completed. I looking forward to trying it out tonight!

Hope tobee is doing well!

7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks for the track looks great.
    It's not working on my server and I'm not able to join any other servers online including simracing teams with the nascars on it.
    Crashes after track loads when I click race.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Incredible track, my favorite track form LilSki in AC, and no doubt here too. Absolutely fantastic. Loved everything about it in dry. Was very happy to see that tarmac seling is now specular lol Had so much fun with my own project car, and then Callaway GT3, this track is just awesome and conversion is brilliant. A lot of online races in AC here, hopefully in rF2 too.

In wet it seems like way too few objects are assigned in environment ref. Also I found grip weird in wet, not like it would be crappy to drive, on the contrary very good, to the point where it feels almost too good. I expected high roughness values, but find out that they are hardly hogher than default, weird. Also I like how grip is diveided in the track one type of tarmac has one type of grip, then other has another type, then there are dust, and oil, and those tarmac crack seals. Everything is awesome.

I was expecting tarmac crack sealing to be super slippery when wet, but I could hardly tell if it is so. Also I noticed that dark tarmac kinda grips worse in the wet than bright and I thought that it is awesome, and makes sense, if dark tarmac is smoother. But the more i looked at it the more confused I got, one time grip seems same, next time bright tarmac grip up better... Then checked tdf and saw that bright tarmac had less roughness and then completely lost it. I don't understand the roughness value at all, I think it simply doesn't work, all it does is placebo.

Finally, I couldn't figure out why the grip is so good in the wet ?

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Wheel! Friday night just got racey

10. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I'm having a similar problem in single player offline mode. When I click Race to go to the track, it works fine. But if I exit back to the garage, rF2 freezes when I click Race again and I have to reboot. It also pegs my steering wheel to the left and I have to turn it off to keep the motor from burning out.

This is happening with the Celica GTO. I haven't tried other cars yet.

11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

It works as it should for me in single player.

12. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I just tried the S397 911 GTE and the Dissenter, and no problems with either. Then I went back to the Celica, and it crashed as soon as I clicked the Race button the first time, so it's definitely a problem with the Celica and this track.

I had a similar rF2 freeze at Spa66 in the Celica when I hit a telephone pole at high speed, but I haven't had any problems with that car at any other track. I can't imagine why the Celica doesn't like this track, but at least I can race other cars here.

Thank you to everyone who worked on this track! It's been one of my favorites since rF1.

13. knackko

knackko Registered

A server with CelicaGTO@Riverside is available at ODS (ODS Celica GTO) and last week I had the following issue: front tyres temperature always increased, up to 300°C and never decreased, even in straight line. It was ok in offline. I had to redo jsons and restart the server to get it well.
    But now there is an issue when another car join the track: the car is sometimes seen in the air and shake. Dont know if it is a track or car issue. I can configure another car on the server.

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I noticed that tire temp problem with the Celica, too.

15. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

We had our F3 Fanatics race here last week and it rocked purely. Thanks for the track!!

nonamenow likes this.
  16. knackko

knackko Registered

It was on Riverside or on another track?

17. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Riverside.

18. toebee

toebee Registered

I updated the OP with the Steam link. Thanks LilSki for allowing the conversion. Also thanks Digga for driving the last stint. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I am really happy to know the rest of the community can now use it.

19. pascom

pascom Registered

Thank you for the track, it is excellent! The atmosphere is nice :)

toebee likes this.
  20. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Thanks again Toebee for the initial start!

toebee likes this.