CS-closed Fanatec Sebring 12 hour

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stea Pea

Stea Pea Registered

So, i f i understood well, first 10 in P2 server and firt 15 in GTE and GT3 servers will qualify for the race 23rd of March?

2. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

No, because certain teams have already been invited and have a place already. Probably 10 teams have already been invited. So, probably 30 places overall up for grabs. Who knows how it's going to be distributed. Well, Jimmi knows but he doesn't believe drivers need information.

3. RSMan

RSMan Registered

Hi, always possible to registrering for the 12H Sebring ?

4. Jaimy Tatuhey

Jaimy Tatuhey Registered

Hello,
    Does anyone know what to do? Sometimes i can join the server but sometimes i can't and i get this message:

Attached Files:

5. David.V

David.V Registered

Same message here, I can not rejoin server...

6. Or maybe he has been waiting for the final invites to be confirmed and actually is having a nice weekend?

pkelly, joaopitaes and McKiernan like this.
  7. RoWo

RoWo Member

I also get this often, because starting rf2 takes much time on my machine (workshop sync etc.). So it's another thing that
    tugs at your nerves.

Sean_S36 likes this.
  8. Manuel Biancolilla

Manuel Biancolilla Registered

How does the qualifier work, combined team drivers' times or just the fastest guy of a team?

9. Domino Duhan

Domino Duhan Member

Just the fastest guy:)

10. tafkams

tafkams Registered

Classes: LMP2, GTE, GT3 (12-14-14)
    5 teams confirmed for LMP2 (7 spots up for qualifiers)
    6 teams confirmed for GTE (8 spots up for qualifiers)
    6 teams confirmed for GT3 (8 spots up for qualifiers)

17 spots still reserved. 3 team qualified in the prelude. They absoluely deserve to be in the event.

But 14 spots given away to invited teams. What have they done that they are so exclusive that they don't have to qualify like every other normal human? These normal humans have supported rfactor 2 over the years while some of the mentioned teams - let's say it in friendly words - didn't have the most interest in rfactor 2.

Badboy and Heiko Kolvenbach like this.
  11. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

What are the concrete prizes? Different for different classes?

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Could it be they are 'attempting' to bring them back to the fold?

I think they should have 100 of these events, group each team by over-all qual speeds and take the first 32 and put them in serverA.(let them get the fancy prizes and cash) the next 32 teams on serverB. Keep grouping similar speed teams til you get down to my level(thus the 100 or so servers) Lets call it server Z³. With this method, you get your aliens racing aliens, yer almost aliens vs almost other aliens...and turtles actually getting to participate instead of standing outside and watching.
    Heck if you did this properly, Your qualifying time would be a rating to team up with other similar leveled drivers. And you could police sandbaggers by enforcing a lap time %. If a driver goes under a certain percentage of his qualifying time, the admins could either time penalize him, remove him etc.
    Lol....UI REWRITE!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    GeraArg likes this.
  13. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

What are the rules for the hotlap, if game counts it then its legal or will the laps be checked?
    Using extra layout to gain time for start of hotlap y/n? If no, then what is the area you can use?
    4 wheels beyond white lines on the hotlap y/n?

14. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Maybe having them in the event is beneficial to the actual sim by raising it's profile in the simracing world meaning we all get to benefit.
    So let's say they managed to convince Lewis Hamilton to join in and race, would that get you excited or would you moan about him getting an entry without qualifying first?
    So I know this is maybe an extreme example but the point stands.
    Also there are some prizes there and Fanatec involved, maybe those teams already invited have something to do with "helping" sponsors' decision to participate.
    I know Fanatec would not pay to see me race even if I took pole by a second.
    Does it not bug you to have so many real world racing drivers on rival sims rather than racing in rf2 so you can actually race against them?

15. If you need this to be able to qualify, you probably will be left behind during the race, thats very little time gained. However the game dictate the cut rules for this track.

However i wont rule out any extraordinary DQ if we find something really strange being done, but if we are talking about the white lines leading into the final turn - thats open for exploration.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  16. Kristian Kwietniewski

Kristian Kwietniewski Registered

I have the same problem.
    What we can do for fix this error?
    Thanks!!

17. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

It cant be very little time gained if one gets left behind in the race, or one cant get left behind in the race if its very little time gained ;)

But thanks for the answer, that is clear.

18. Balazs Kiss

Balazs Kiss Registered

GT3 server is working, but I have some problems with P2 and GTE connection. I use whole endu pack since it's released, so I can't get what's the problem.
    I cannot select any vehicle, I can join... but with clio SC car. dafuq

Attached Files:

19. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

So what about the rules. Especially if we talk bout are high down-force\ low drag packages.
    If i understand it correctly low drag will be banned for the actual race. And what about the pre qualifying hot lap ?

20. Magus

Magus Registered

Is Q restricted? I signed up and it is unable to downland the cars (updates)? I have purchased all the packs & Sebring too. Just get an error that URL can't be reached.

EDIT: managed to figure it out, none of my packs had got the latest round of updates so needed to unsubscribe & then subscribe again.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.