Avoid multiple cut track penalties

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by knackko, Feb 13, 2019.

1. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi,
    I report here a discussion which began on Bug Reports section :
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/frustrating-cut-track-penalties-turbo-mode.62310/

Some 3rd party tracks can give multiple penalties for cut track to a driver which cut or just go outside the track. It seems that those tracks needs to be fixed but for event organizers it is not so clear a say that a track will not give multiple penalties. But for most simracers, the issue comes from the game.

Regardless the cut track issue, giving several penalties (recently, a driver get 7 penalties in one time !) to the same driver with 1 or 2s is not very realistic? the game should avoid this multiplication and gives only one penalty to the driver in that case.

2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

That's why all trades is should implement this... actually s397 should implement this to there Sim.....

Grey, knackko, Gaboni and 1 other person like this.
  3. knackko

knackko Registered

Nice ! server admin should configure their own level of infos/penalities, but to have a final report with gain time, pitlane violations... is a good first level. I just have doubt in slowing down because other drivers can be surprised.

Emery likes this.
  4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I hope they will never implement something like that, it's unrealistic and it cause a lot of confusion and incidents. The ability to set how many cuts before a penalty as in AMS is the only thing needed imho, plus a detection to avoid these multiple s&g in a single cut. I'd also change the penalty from a s&g to a drive through, seems more fair to me.

Emery likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Are you sure that this causes a lot of confusion and incidents?
    We are lucky guys, because in almost a year using it, never has had any confusion or incident because of this.
    It is true that it is not realistic, because you can avoid the penalty, returning the time gained, but if you don't return it, you'll receive a DT.
    But it's easy to chanche the system to receive a DT, every X cut tracs or every X segonds gained.

6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

For my experience in AC and Project CARS yes, it does. Having a slow car on track is a danger, worth a yellow flag. By not realistic i mean IRL this anticut system does not exist, i can't immagine an F1 driver slowing down after t1 at Monaco or Monza at the start, or a P2 driver after the Bus stop at Daytona etc, there are a lot of situations. When IRL a driver slow down that much, a yellow flag is shown.

Emery likes this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

Then avoid to have a very slow car.
    The clue is to have a good system.
    As i tell you, we haven't had any incident with this system from the begining

8. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I think it's a brilliant idea anyhow, it should be an option implemented in setup of a server , on / off feature that way admins can decide...

knackko likes this.
  9. knackko

knackko Registered

I totally agree, admins should have the possibility to configure the level: just notifications for admins after race, notifications+slow, +penalties...