Textures popping in and out - Aston Martin GT3

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by PaladinUK, Feb 28, 2019.

1. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Hi,

When following the pack, (am using VR) I notice textures are popping in and out on the back of the car directly in front of me. It only seems to affect the Aston Martin and I've not noticed it anywhere else when using different cars / classes. Performance isn't an issue at all but I tried reducing number of opponents and visible cars just in case but that didn't make a difference. It's not game breaking in any way, just a bit annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just for clarity's sake. Does this happen when you are following an Aston or when you are driving an Aston? I'm assuming the first, and I'd guess the lods are set a little too short. There is a setting that turns off some of this: In the display options, ensure that the AutoDetail FPS is set to off.

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Are you anything to do with Paladin Mowers? I use them everyday!

Anyway as above turn AutoDetail FPS Off, if that doesn't help where exactly on the car do you mean?

4. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Thanks fellas.

Firstly, I always have AutoDetail FPS set to off.

Secondly, it's the rear bodywork panel of the car, beneath the rear windscreen. The texture effect is of the bodywork crumpling for a second or so and then returning to normal. I've only noticed it on the Aston and it doesn't happen all the time. Having just raced Silverstone GP, I noticed it several times a lap and it only seems to affect the car directly ahead, maybe two ahead if those I am chasing are close enough.

Finally I've just tested a multi-car GT3 race and there are no texture issues whatsoever when I'm running behind any other manufacturer, e.g. Porsche, McLaren, BMW, Bentley etc. They are all good.

I can't replicate this issue anywhere else with any other car (official or mod) so it's not game-wide or a pack-related issue. And as I said before I'm more than happy with VR performance which is rock solid.

Not gonna sweat it. I love rF2 way too much to let it dampen my enjoyment.

MarcG likes this.