Problem with shadows

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by joaopitaes, Feb 12, 2019.

1. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

Hey there,

I've been for a while having a problem with shadows in rf2 where they only appear insanelly close to the car, most tracks i can stand it but in Indianapolis just takes all my focus away.

I've already tried to change every single graphical setting avaliable in game, launcher or GPU setings, always followed by a cBash and Shaders delete.

tried to change some stuff in player.ini but nothing worked.

https://imgur.com/a/lWxPF9P

Its noticeable 2 horizontal lines where shadows appear blured out in the first and get some detail on the 2nd(near the car)

If someone has some kind of idea of what this can be i would appreciate.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

Just read some threads about the issue and no answer found.

Just some stuff on settings and GPU power.

My pc spacs are:

I5 7600k 4.4Ghz
    16gb ddr4
    MSI Z170a Tomahawk
    MSI GTX 1070
    Single Monitor 1080p

New image really clear:
    https://imgur.com/a/Bhb0cFr

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

@joaopitaes What is your shadow setting at? As far as I know, the only way to influence draw distance is to change the shadow setting from display options. Generally speaking, rF2 doesn't draw shadows very far ahead.

4. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

I was able to improve the distance a bit by trying some stuff.

Not yet sure what made it better exactly but i'll try to find out. But they are still very close to the car, but now the distance is much better and impacts my concetration much less.

I set shadow blur to off, and changed some stuff in nvidia control panel, mainly stuff with negative tendency to quality regarding texture filtering. So i need to test what exactly improved it but i am still not entirelly happy with the result.

I would ike to see what is the distance from the car to the shadow limit in a "heathy" game to see if thats normal or still to close, so if someone has a print of it i appreciate it.

Tomorrow I will post a print of my shadows now anyway.

Thanks!

5. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

Btw, i tried most of this settings in the past. The only diference being missjudging what they do and maybe didnt get the most quality oriented setup out of it. So thats probably it didnt work in the past.I'll do further test tomorrow.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Ok. You don't need to play with the other settings, in my experience the only thing that does anything for shadow draw distance is the shadow setting.