CPU-GPU bars

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, Nov 25, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

OK, if I can attach an image, what do these bars show about how my system is configured for rF2?
    RX480x8, I7-6700, MSI Motherboard Z170. Post Processing set to Low.
    upload_2018-11-25_14-47-39.png

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The bars on the right are completely normal, your CPU is handling the physics fine and the green bar will be full like that except for some specific graphics settings (FPS limit in the player.JSON being one).

On the left, your GPU frame time is higher than the CPU and has the * next to it, indicating your GPU is what's determining your FPS at that point. The white bar there I'm not as familiar with, it does represent video ram usage in some way, but I'm pretty sure full white is no problem.

All this seems standard, no issues apparent.

EsxPaul and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. RoWo

RoWo Member

I use this thread for a question similar to the topic:
    My graphics performance is fine, but sometimes I have CPU spikes. I can see the purple bar going to the right.
    So at this time my CPU is not strong enough? What can I do? It's not all the time, just sometimes.

4. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

I´ve got an question too. My system is an i8700k with an MSI GTX1070ti o tripple screen. I´ve got the bars as seen in above post, but sometimes my green bar become an additional spike in the middle of the horizotal bar, not much, maybe two dots. But it drops my frames from setted 60 to 53 or so and it isn´t good drivable at this moment. I think it´s in the moment, when other cars around me, even if they stand in pits and i pass them. Someone some idea what´s the problem? It´s original content, GTE on Matsusaka...

5. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Well, Matsusaka it's a problem for my system. I have those spikes too, but sometimes when they appear I can feel the FFB softering. For me, this is the bigger problem with RF2 these days, the decreace of performance in the worse mement, when you are with other cars around. Sometimes is a third party track, or the graphics level, or the amount of cars, but the result is the same, lack of feeling on the wheel.