The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I guess brain goes numb when it is too occupied by waiting.
    This is something easier to understand:
    [​IMG]
    Why no one talk about Imola ? Whats wrong with you ? :D

I absolutely love Ibara, Ibara and classic Imola will be epic in rF2. Formula Vee and Puma cars also goes well with me.

Imola is actually quite a big name, I didn't expect bigger names to come with this pack :)

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  2. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah Imola is a great track and nice to get this... maybe there is no "woohaa Imola *scream*" effect cause there is a good Imola version for RFactor2 available... or is it ripped content i use?

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Its a really good classic Imola tho i think. Will be great with classic cars in rF2!

Hocician likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think in a screenshot what is blurred is quite obviously a classic Imola. But who knows, maybe there will be more.

Speaking of those rips... thats just one of the ways how they spoils the balance. At this point I almost hope that the ripped content is very plain, and legit stuff would be instantly obviously much better. As much as i have tried some myself, the way they are implemented is usually rather plain. And at this point I have almost formed an opinion that ripped content almost shouldn't be high quality lol

dazzer and Hocician like this.
  5. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

There's no reason to buy the Reiza DLC. It can already be played in AMS. If you don't have AMS, just buy it. It's a much better game anyway.

DaVeX likes this.
  6. felthat

felthat Registered

there are few things that ams lacks, for example vr or rain

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Despite being conversions from other games, the people who made them did a pretty decent job. A little problem is that those tracks haven't got updates to the more recent specs, so different versions of Imola with all bells and whistles should be more than welcome. Tbh, I was a bit dissapointed by the first line up of cars and tracks, as they aren't my go-to content in AMS. That said, when you take a look at the pack now, it looks like a no brainer for people who like AMS and rF2.

Hocician likes this.
  8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Fair point except for VR-support in rF2 / supporting both studio's efforts to provide more options for us / some likely improvements in graphics / weather / perhaps some tire-model improvements at some point / future rF2 features, etc. Also, content which improves rF2 overall and grows the player-base is good for all in rF2 in the long run.

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

AMS is a very good SIM, but rF2 is better, no matter what arguments you try to use... also you could save us all from this kind of comment, this is not a Reiza vs rF2, probably most people here have both...

Seven Smiles, Alex72, lagg and 5 others like this.
  10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Why are there so many stupid comments in the simracing scene... the guys of the different studios talk in respect of each other, they drink a beer together ... nearly every sim has its pro´s and cons... no matter if we talk about iracing, rfactor, assetto corsa or AMS... but these fanboys with all these "fuck off" statements are very annoying... especially where the most of us own all of these sims...
    but yeah... AMS is for the really really hardcore true pilots... all the other pilots have no idea...

F1Aussie, fbiehne, Dookie and 5 others like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

If you'd think a bit more, maybe you'd realize that Reiza will make money from this DLC, you basically suggest not to buy product of the studio which you are a fan.

As others said it is great to have both, and most of us does.

Reiza Content in rF2 will be epic. It might as well be possible that in future rF2 engine will come to Reiza, who knows.

12. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Ideally I'd like Reiza to make money by releasing their new game. I know it makes sense for them to put out a DLC like this if they want to get used to an engine that they may be using in the future -- while at the same time making money. It just doesn't make sense for people to actually buy something that's already in a different game.

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Lets just mind our own business and enjoy theirs.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Says all the others are better, continues to visit the rf2 forums...

15. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

I paid my money. I want to get full value of it.

16. lagg

lagg Registered

And the best way to get the full value is to have good content.
    Welcome tho the Reiza content.

17. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

But I'd be paying more money for something that I already have. o_O

18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

10 print repetitive statement
    20 goto 10

Seven Smiles, jayarrbee36 and lagg like this.
  19. Shin

Shin Registered

What you have is a game running on an engine that was made before half of this forum was even born. You have the names, and the models, and even some decent physics but this pack is not representative of something you "Already have". Because these things will be running on a much more modern engine, with much more modern features. Like as mentioned VR. Like as mentioned weather. New tire models. Different physical simulation. It's not the same thing.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the Reiza DLC. But it's a strong business move for them. They are branching out in a niche market in order to build bonds with competitors and share in the stakes of those bonds. They're offering updated content to a new system. You can view this as content you already own, not buy the DLC, and live a happy blissful life if you want. Preferably without whinging like a spoiled child on the internet about how your daddy company is having an affair with somebody you don't like (while you're in the house of that somebody. That's going to get you REAL far.).

I for one, am very excited to see what results this collaboration produces.

GPNeville, Emery, jayarrbee36 and 3 others like this.
  20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Anything Reiza gives out is instant buy. We all know that. Discussion over. :cool:;)

marmagas, DaVeX and Rui Santos like this.