Clio_cup fail, error locating wiper.anm

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by GaetanL, Feb 3, 2019.

1. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi,

All is in title.
    When I chose clio_cup 2010 have an error when load 3D world (showroom or race).
    RF2 loading freeze and I have an error message in a window's window gMotor 2 Error " Error locating animation file WIPER.ANM"
    I've reinstalled entire mod after manuel delete of all files about clio_cup but the problem stays.
    Also I've trying "Verify file integrity" on steam.
    And I haven't find any log file ?
    Somebody have an idea, please ?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

HI,

With this thread I make a trace : https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-trace-file.62304/

I see this 3 lines when I want load a showroom with clio cup 2010, if this can help :
    139.67s O_BaseGz.cpp10071: CUBE error loading scene file I:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\tmpvehicle.scn: Error initializing scene file I:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\tmpvehicle.scn
    139.67s vehgfx.cpp 424: Entered AdjustVehicleLiveryMaterials
    139.78s vehgfx.cpp 673: Exited AdjustVehicleLiveryMaterials

3. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok... up then... no staff ? :'(

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you tried to find the error in this forum?
    Search for wiper.anm

GaetanL likes this.
  5. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Yes of course, and the only solutions that I found is to use the verification files of steam after deleting bin64 or mod (clio cup in this case). And I've already done this, don't work for me :/

6. lagg

lagg Registered

And the Steam cache too?

GaetanL likes this.
  7. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I also get the wiper.anm error so it's not only on your end.
    Maybe ask in the discord server. On a good day staff usually responds.

8. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I not sure what's you thing by "steam cache", nevertheless this is what I did this morning to check again :
    - I deleted all in "..\Steam\depotcache"
    - I deleted all in "..\Steam\appcache\httpcache"
    - I deleted all in "..\Steam\steamapps\shadercache"
    - I searched "*clio*" in "..\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960" and deleted all I found (365960 is where there are all workshop mod for my RF2)
    - I searched "*clio*" in "..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles" and deleted all I found.

Verified integrity file, and download clio cup mod (I see I've clio4 mod but I've uninstaled it before.
    Problem still here

9. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok, a little up again then... :/

10. BullGod

BullGod Registered

GaetanL likes this.
  11. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Thanks,

But I've already delete all component for clio, in "workshop" directory, in "content" directory also, all named "*clio*" in RF2 and workshop :(. And re-DL but problem still here.

I don't understand where is "cache" for steam exactly and how clear it, see my post above (#8), maybe I do not clear the cache correctly:(

12. BullGod

BullGod Registered

For me:
    Where I went wrong, was not deleting ALL of it. ALL of it. Not just the subscribed content, not just the Bin32 or 64 folder. No partials. The whole game, the whole deal. Go thru the removal procedure, then the steps outlined above, and then, re-download and test the vanilla game, then, re-sub and try.

I removed stuff bits at a time for days (because what could it matter?), but it turned out, the Sim had changed so much since I initially installed, I was missing something. It was a little something, but the complete remove/re-download and install was the key.
    **Note, not taking a previous working copy and updating it. (that's what I was doing), All of it. A complete NEW install.

My advice is so that you don't loose your track and car history, take a copy of your UserData folder nested in the Rf2 folder BEFORE removing it.

Good Luck. It worked for me, and now everything works fantastic. (less my skin issue at the moment)
    -BullGod

GaetanL likes this.
  13. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok.

First, I've found (I think) how clear the cache of steam and the "cache" in question. Go to steam menu -> setting -> download -> clear download cache.
    I do it.

Second, I've deleted everything. Everything. And reinstall all my RF2 and workshop mod (only workshop, but there are third party too). Not put my personnal data that have been sauved (like userdata and setting). That a clear install.

But not work again.

I think the only possibility that an third party mod in workshop give the problem. But how to find it there are a lot... :(

14. BullGod

BullGod Registered

I eliminated all of them. For me, for whatever reason, When i removed the Endurance mods, the issue normally cleared.
    This in NO WAY points a finger. My problems were completely resolved by the way i described above.

I love mods, so I wont point the finger anywhere. I just know what I did, helped my situation.
    -BG

GaetanL likes this.
  15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just out of curiousity, do you have only the version 1.93 of the clio cup 2010, in the installed/vehicles folder and no other version?
    I ask, because i get the same error when i go to the showroom, but when i load it to the track it loads without any error.
    And do you load it with 'All cars and tracks'?

GaetanL likes this.
  16. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok now it's work when I go in race, now only exposition bug. (but I not try to use wiper in race :rolleyes:)
    Yes I've only 1.93 version
    I hope I can change to my own skin with clio despite the bug in showroom.

I've enduracer mod (now is in 3.00 version) I've delete it but the bug stay.

17. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The bug in the showroom is caused by the spinner gen file of the clio, that still has the link to the wiper.anm, i suppose.
    So the spinner gen file needs to be updated by S397, to get rid of the showroom error message too and to get the clio loaded in the showroom.
    And the wiper normally should work on track. ;)