SOLVED IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hans Tesmo, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

2. I noticed the same thing, recently the wheel rotation is screwed up again. I gave up and reverted back to the old workaround by changing in the LGS. Funnily enough, this issue only exists in RF2 as I've noticed.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Lars Rystedt Please see my linked post above. You don't need to change it in the LGS for each car anymore.

4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

same here.

wheel of rotation screwed all the sudden.

what a waste of time this game

if i log the amount of time of getting this game working you would not believe it is almost 300 hours!!!

5. Lateralus21

Lateralus21 Registered

I had to go back into my json file and change the line below again. Somehow it had reverted back to true. All is good again for now at least.

Find “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” and set it to false

6. fuller42

fuller42 Registered

Hi all. Complete noob here. I recently bought myself a computer and logitech G29 to play this and other racing games. I'm not very computer savvy, I just want to play the driving games. I'm clearly having the same problem as most people are, and have read through this whole thread and all the various work arounds, and then this supposed solution that isnt. The trouble is all the things people are suggesting to get around the problem is going way over my head. So I have a few things and if anyone can help me with some or all parts I would be very grateful.

1. I see the work around of changing the wheel rotation angle in the logitech profiler. but how do I know what I should set it to instead? Is there an easy way to find out the angle for each vehicle, or is it down to trial and error?

2. People talk about the force feedback being weak in this game with this wheel. I definitely notice that it is way weaker than in say F1 2018. I have seen talk about ways to adjust this, but it didnt make sense to me. Could someone write out and absolute idiots guide to this?

3. It seems that with the latest updates it may be possible to just have the wheel angles working properly without the need for constant manual changes, but people are talking about changing code lines and things. Again is it possible to write a beginners guide for this? you are saying go into the json file... where even is the json file?!

Thanks for any help!
    PS - as far as I can tell I am running the latest versions of everything. It was all only installed within the last week!

7. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Does your virtual wheel match your G29 when you turn it? It should, this has been fixed a while ago.
    Check that first. If it does, you are ready to go. If it doesn't report back

8. fuller42

fuller42 Registered

Not when I first open the game no.
    Having done some more fiddling with the game.
    I realised that in the control settings it tells you the degrees of rotation that the wheel should have for that vehicle. I tried typing this into the logitech controller, but that did not seem to work. I'm not sure if I should be doing it to the default profile, or the R factor 2 profile, or both?

One thing I did find that worked is once I load the track and car, but before I actually go to the track, on the controller set up page, where there are the four little graphs showing me the steering, clutch, brake and throttle input, plus various settings, is that if I turn the wheel first left by roughly the amount of degrees indicated for that vehicle, then double click the L button, followed by doing the same thing to right, it sets the max limits and this makes it quite drive-able, if not perfect. This is similar to what someone mentioned about doing the the Max L and R values in a different menu somewhere, but it seems to be a bit easier as you can do it once the event is loaded, so have better scope to tweak it quickly. (thought I would mention as I have discovered it by accident, and nobody seems to have previously mentioned this method.)

If there is a way to fix it though so it genuinely works without me having to faff around I would still appreciate it!

On a side note: not really related to this thread, but is there a way to save my best lap times accross different sessions, for any particular vehicle/track combo?

thanks

9. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Hmm, that is not a good news. I have a G29 and wheel lock works since one of the updates. I know it's not helping, but it must be something on your end. Now, the hard part is to find what, as frustrating as it can be.

For now you could just Alt-Tab and try to copy the wheel lock of the car you want to drive into the Logitech Gaming Software.
    rf2_whlck.jpg

If you have a specific profile for rF2, then yes, set the wheel lock there. If you just have the default profile, set it up there.
    That's what I always did before the fix. It only took few seconds to alt-tab and set it in the Logi Software so I didn't bother to take it further.

10. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

I cannot find this on my json file

11. kashif

kashif Registered

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

13. Lateralus21

Lateralus21 Registered

Ciccina, it is in your controller.json file under UserData/Player/.