GT3 Pack, damage does not get fixed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Christos Segkounas, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

GT3 car damage picked up during a stint will not get fixed at the pitstop,regardless of numbers of pitstops unless also a driver change happens at the same time.
    After the first "repairs" there is no longer the option to repair but car remains broken so only a driver change can fix this.
    Happened with the Aston GT3 at the Sebring 3h Prelude race organized by S397 but apparently been reported by numerous individuals before so it's a known bug.
    I thought I would post a bug report so I don't have to answer later why I didn't.
    Cheers...

VirusGR42 and Jeferson Richart like this.
  2. Jego

Jego Registered

I can attest do that.
    Had the problem during the Prelude. I could not get the car fixed and the HUD would also not show any damage after my second visit to the pits. There clearly was still heavy damage to the rear aero and even suspension maybe.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not a bug with GT3 pack, no car with aero damage gets fully repaired in rF2 and it's probably as intended. The bug is more likely in the fact that a driver swap allows a full repair.

Goanna and lagg like this.
  4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If there is still damage after a pitstop it should still be displayed in the HUD so I would call that a bug.

5. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

We had a league race last night in the Radical rsx (not GT3) and one driver had the same issue, as the car would not repair.

SS

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Can you ask for more details please?
    - Would it not repair at all?
    - Was it only partially repaired?
    - Was it Bodywork and/or mechanical damage? (what exactly was damaged)

Bearing in mind when a car gets damaged if that damage is too severe it won't get 100% repaired (as per real life), so it will show signs of still being"injured" so to speak.

(One other thing is if a series doesn't run with Pit Stops I wonder if the Car Mod won't actually "support" repairs, as in it's been left out of the cars files somewhere - but that's another subject!)

7. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

My experience with the Porsche RSR GTE:
    Le Mans, got a blue front bumper damage after a little tap in the back of another driver, top speed went from 298kmh to 285kmh for a massive drag increasing.
    I repaired the damages at the first scheduled pitstop, it taken +100 seconds of repair time.
    No more blue front bumper after the repair, but the massive drag increasing was still there, nothing changed. Problem solved after a driver swap (and no repairs as there were no damages to fix).

Imho there are two issues, i doubt drag can increase so much only for few scratches, i would understand it if you lose the front bumper or for huge splitter damages, and these damages should be repaired always or never (i'd prefer always than never).

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Right now aero in most race cars IRL is quickly fixed anyway since teams got the spares ready and they are easy to replace. In some GT3 they use some silver tape and the car race almost in same pace as before. I think the speed loss in rF2 is just exagerated

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  9. Christos Segkounas

I think this is the sort of bug that warrants at least some sort of reaction or feedback from S397.
    Is it acknowledged?
    Is it being looked at?
    Is it of low priority?
    If for example I were to qualify for the 12h of Sebring that S397 are putting together, I would not choose to drive a GT3 car knowing this bug is still around.
    100% damage on the server and a big gathering of impatient youngsters around me I reckon taking damage is sort of ,hmmm, likely...

10. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Running LMP2 last night in a league race, noticed I didn't even have an option to repair damages at all. Had some body damage (light blue only) and brought up pit menu before a stop, there was no option for damage at all. Later had a bit of darker blue damage as well, and the option was still not there.

I know for a fact I've fixed damages on this car in the past, so it's recent.
    ...just a wee bit game breaking, right there o_O

11. Jego

Jego Registered

It happens to all cars.

12. Christos Segkounas

No rush then :rolleyes:

Jason Whited likes this.
  13. Christos Segkounas

Well, S397s silence on the matter has been so deafening I have finally taken notice.
    Apparently this is not a bug to them.
    I figure they WANT the aero to not get fully fixed during repairs.
    Realism.
    But having a driver's misfortune **** up the experience for the rest of the drivers for the rest of a 24h race would be like a big no-no so for gameplay reasons they have to allow for the damage to get fully fixed during a driver swap.
    Selective realism.
    Of course people have caught up with this and now they immediately pit and swap drivers to fix the damage 100% and not suffer time delays through the rest of the stint.
    Ultra- Peta-realism.
    So close this thread and GG.
    I've been talking to myself all along.
    Just wish I were smarter and had picked up on this earlier.
    Oh well.

14. Jego

Jego Registered

15. Christos Segkounas

While they are looking into it , here's a little more insight into this after just 3 Endurance races.
    1) 3h of Sebring (qualifier) GT3

Damage does not get fixed during a pitstop despite being "repaired" and after that no repairs are showing.
    Damage just gets fixed with no repairs selected (or possible to select) during driver swap.

2) 12h of Sebring VEC, LMP3 Div2:

HUD showing damage but no repairs possible.
    "Undamaged" car after light contact with GTE, no damage showing in the HUD, repairs appear in the menu, 40 secs spent in the pits for invisible repairs.

3) 12h of Bathurst, SRC, GT3.
    Car does not get fully repaired during during long "repairs" (no driver swap).
    Car does NOT get fully fixed even after multiple driver swaps (you didn't expect that guys did you?).
    Car with bent steering and no repairs selected miraculously straightens out during driver swap (TWICE).

Cars starting: 38
    Cars finished: 13 (thirteen:rolleyes:)

Now I had some guys telling me elsewhere that I should stop making a big deal out of this and that this is not game-breaking and there are more important things like the new UI.
    I am not going to bother with that.
    This is my input, knock yourselves out.

VirusGR42, neuer31 and Jego like this.
  16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

No mate im happy you report these things and i hope they will be looked into. Endurance racing is after all a big thing with rF2 so if things dont work properly then S397 should look into it. I havent done any endurance myself yet but the above doesnt sound good. Choosing to repair and nothing happens and then not choosing repairs and the car is repaired seems like a bug unless there is some regulations that overrides, but im not sure how that works in real life tbh.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

there is a official race with money prizes coming and on Discord it was said they wont even look at the refuel flow of the GT3.. imagine fixing this bug lol

18. neuer31

neuer31 Registered

This is game breaking tbh, especially for endurance racing. So it should be fixed or I guess I will change game, there are so many bugs, problems, instabilities, honestly if rFactor 2 wouldn't have sooooo much potential and shows somewhat progress, I would be long gone.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Well gamebraking or not, the "bug" where not everything is repaired is something that has always been present for at least 10 years ever since I drove my first endurance race with rF1. The cars in rF2 generally speaking do not get fully repaired even when you choose "full" repair, which I assume is realistic for the most part. If you have suspension damage etc. there is no way to repair a car within a couple of minutes.

The thing where the car gets repaired during a driver swap is probably THE bug, in other words, damage doesn't carry over when you perform a swap.

20. Christos Segkounas

What I reported a few posts earlier is inconsistency.
    Inconsistency in reporting damage, inconsistency in fixing it.
    And when someone get a bent steering from contact with a wall and they choose not to repair at the swap and come out of the pits with a straight steering that's basically an exploit.