Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Couldn't we ask him if it could be added in

2. Geordi Vermeulen

Geordi Vermeulen Registered

After last nights update all the custom skins I downloaded don't seem to work anymore, they don't show up in game. Any fixes for this?

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

He was pretty good about allowing conversions with the proper credits, but I don't feel I would do a good enough job for me to convert it.

4. Chris Lesperance

I'm not sure if the .veh files changed with the update. The .rcd references a .veh. If it doesn't see it, it won't show the add on car. I know I changed the .veh referenced in the Performance Tech that I released. The other thing is that the new system it does require the "alt" to be in the name. But I think the car will show up with out it, it just won't use the system. I'm not 100% sure on that. But those two thing do cause issues.

5. Stevy

Stevy Registered

A big thanks to @Vevex who made the Dragon and Teamlogos all by himself !
    Again, I guess rFactor is the first sim where you can recreate this skin 100%, so also a big thanks to Studio397 for the new system. Keep doing what you do! 20190219172536_1.jpg 20190219172553_1.jpg 20190219172624_1.jpg 20190219172729_1.jpg 20190219172748_1.jpg
    I really want to release this skin, but first want to maybe improve one or two things.
    Also I want to paint the glass area, but don't know how to do this yet.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was going to whinge/whine/moan about the latest update supposedly fixing the AI skins and NOBODY had painted a car in 45 minutes. Dangit Chris! :)

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

either those are stars or a flock of Geese flew over your nice shiney blue car!

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

:D:D:D:);)

10. Chris Lesperance

11. SimRacingRob

SimRacingRob Registered

OK, still cant get a grasp of this RF2 way of doing skins folders for sharing.

this is what i have now and its putting the window file on the car? and not using the right Region file either.

and why when it makes a .mas it doesn't put all the files into it eg: leaves the window file out.
    upload_2019-2-20_20-16-48.png

philmcqueen likes this.
  12. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

please use the "select" button till your skin is selected and press "reload" and everything will be OK.
    And try to add your "WINDOW.dds" at least.

13. Hocician

Hocician Registered

rFactor2 2019-02-20 21-30-15-94.png
    in the screenshots without working windshield banner but solved the problem now... BUT... why the hell is the front windshield banner there, but the rear one missing?? any explanation very welcome!
    rFactor2 2019-02-20 21-03-02-83.png rFactor2 2019-02-20 21-21-42-32.png
    phoenix Audi_R8LMS_GT3_windows.png
    here the windshield file - why is the rear banner missing? (see first picture)

14. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Damn, i had a whole bunch of IMSA skins collected and all (except for the latest ones with the new shader) dont seem to work since after yesterday :(.

I tried fiddling with the VEH file link in the txt but when i changed (all of them to test heh) it it gave me the jackie chan DC racing shader over the custom skin on every car for the Oreca.

Anyone found a solid workaround for this yet? how do i find the right VEH filename for the old skins? they dont show up at all anymore in the menu's

15. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Unfortunetly it's a material bug and they're still working on a fix. Objects which you'll place on window glass area will not displayed. It's not your fault...

Hocician likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Heck I can't get the NEW ones to load. Best I've done is a couple GT3 skins that I can load as the players car but they default back to original skins when used for AI. The one Oreca I tried won't even show up as a duplicate

philmcqueen likes this.
  17. Hocician

Hocician Registered

ah ok - THX for the info...

18. Chris Lesperance

Yeah, found the same issue. I'm going to go through and fix all of my installed skins this weekend. I have not gone through the GT3s, but I do know about the Orecas so far.

1. Seems that the .veh have been renamed in the newest update. You will need to change the reference .veh in the .rcd
    2. The new skin file name is longer than 12 characters. I see this as being a bigger issue in the future as "alt" takes up 3 of the available characters. My personal naming convention of YY Series _ Manufacturer ## (ex 18IMSA_Oreca38.dds) is all ready too long, and then I have to have "alt" in it
    3. In speaking of "alt", that is now needed. That may not prevent the car from showing up ingame, but the custom skin will not load with out it.

A future improvement that I hop S397 will take into consideration
    1. Having a longer file name limit
    2. One issue I have seen a lot on here lately, is that modders have the file names, named as the driver names. The reason behind that is that it will show the driver name in the standings. Unfortunately becomes an issue when one driver drives in 2 different cars. The game will only show one car, or none at all. I feel that there should be a driver name field in the .rcd so that the file names can be completely separate from the driver name.
    3. Personal preference - the .rcd should be replaced by the current format of the .veh file. Things like GENStrings should be editable from the mod car, and be completely separate from a reference car. Painting Endurance Series mod cars can be a bit difficult if you don't have a Liger with Michelin tires, HPD engine, a certain brake lights etc. I hope that makes sense.

Bostrom, philmcqueen, Hazi and 2 others like this.
  19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Nice livery, Well done.
    Shame about the issues but everyone is having the same problems.

I'm personally not going to share new cars or update the old ones till all these bugs are fix.

philmcqueen likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ok, Chris, I have been trying to use your 38 IMSA skin without sucess. Just what should I edit the veh line in the rcd to?