[REL] Celica gto IMSA + semi-fictional track

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by 32_Pixels, Nov 24, 2014.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

32 pixels of pure powa !!!!!

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Great news ! Thank you. I'll try it later at home.

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Thank you,
    At One of the best misterious modder for rf2 :)

bwana likes this.
  4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

OMG OMG OMG

2.27am, I guess I could have a quick drive before bed.

5. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thank you for the update.

6. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Thank you !!

7. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

8. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thanks for your hard work! Superb job on the car and track, very addicting.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you :)

Downloaded, but didn't drive yet. Doing my homework, I just watched "One the greatest comeback drives ever in racing?" onboard video, and if the mod handles like that then it is probably going to be my fav rF2 car, because it looks so incredibly dynamic, so much grip and yet so much things going on, driver keeps doing a ton of corrections to keep it in control. Can't wait to try, I hope it drives just like in that video.

10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

from memory this was an awesome car (and track)
    nice to have it back!

THX

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

As promised :)

Server name: -ObwnT-
    Car: Toyota Celica GTO v. 1.97
    Track: Lester 2.01
    Practice: 60 min.
    Qualifying: 10 min.
    Race: 10 laps.

Car and track can also be downloaded from the online lobby ;)

Kelju_K, Arne Senna, bwana and 2 others like this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just had a drive for a hour or two, I don't know because time has gone very fast, and I want to drive more, hopefully in Aris server.

Car really began to be familiar to how I observed it in WT Ribbs onboard from Del Mar since I got quicker than 1'29 at Lester. Though I am sure I will not reach his performance. I started to think about Del Mar track for rF2 though.

Lester is quite an epic track, I really like it's flow, also it seems to be very well done overall. It was rather difficult to learn it, and I still frequenty get confused in few places, so I don't even consider that I have learned it already.

For some reason I will probably increase FFB mult, though I usually only touch it if FFB is annoying too strong, but this mod has very good FFB, but for some reason I think that more FFB would trick me into believing that there is more grip, because there is usually more grip in it. And I think that FFB might still feel very nice even with stronger output.

I found default ARB setup very understeery, in fact I find it so with majority cars of rF2. I didn't drive a lot with default and soon made more oversteery FFB setup.

I thought that maybe engine/turbo sound should get progressively more louder.

I really like how you made engine braking, seems spot on to me, comparing to that great onboard video.

I thought that perhaps steering is slightly too nice, maybe scrub radius is a bit too small ? Just an idea as in Ribbs onboard it seems like there is a bit more kickback through bumps and kerbs. But not sure, maybe. Steering feels very nice.

I thought that perhaps rain tires has a bit too little base grip ? But not sure, still have to drive more. Driving in the rain actually felt extremely good, but I am not sure if it was very wet, track also did dried out quickly. But in slow corners at Monaco 1966 it felt a bit too slidey. I also did some laps in wet Lester, much too few now and will do much more, but it felt like hydroplaning was attempted to be made, even though rF2 doesn't have hydroplaning, and it also shouldn't happen at medium speeds with good rain tire anyway, unless there was a nasty puddle. So thats why I thought that wet tire base grip is too low. But have to drive more.

Overall epic mods. Big thanks for the epic track and epic car ! :)

emha76 and juanchioooo like this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

indeed a lot of understeer but i think might be a car era issue

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You and everybody else are welcome to join. Me and couple of other guys are racing every Saturday round 22.00 CET.
    I have not tested updated Celica and Lester yet but I am going online today 21.30 CET. I bet that at least Mem and Eddy is joining me. :)

mantasisg likes this.
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

or setup issue :)

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I used to drive that car and was able to change it in the setup to a more balanced behaviour... and i won a lot of online races with it ;)

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well when I adjusted ARB, I definitely couldn't complain about understeer. It was there, but it wasn't terrible. And I still have room for detached front arb, stiffer rear arb and less rear wing, more open differential settings... but it might make car slower then.

In the end I was hotlapping in Lester with AI in practice mode with rather neutral car, constantly correcting from understeer AND oversteer, thats how balance car should be.

By the way, I found AI quite aggressive. It is usually exciting and fun, but sometimes they goes a bit too far. Also I think lester AI could use better lines.

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Exactly, this car is to drive with little slide in fast corners, controlled, you need to fine tune the car and find that sweet spot ;)

That's why this is one of the best mods i've ever used...

Kelju_K, bwana, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

might be

20. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Thank you for the update to the Celica and Lester. They are both excellent and it's great to see amazing content updated to new standards. I did a little comparison with Celica GTO v1.02; the new version is far better in almost all areas, handling and graphics are excellent - the cockpit looks amazing in VR.

With v1.02 I much prefer the engine sounds, and the way the turbo/engine lag worked. Please check out the old version to see/hear what I mean. I think if you combine the best of both, you will have an absolutely outstanding car which is more exiting to drive than pretty much any car i can think of in simracing. Thank you once again for your efforts! I can't wait to take this around the Nordschleife!!