no packages folder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lagg

lagg Registered

Or both program are absolutely differents and you can't have the same expectations on both.
    My expectations are too high for iRacing.
    You can't modify anything in that closed platform.
    This is useless for me. ;)

Bjørn likes this.
  2. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Yeah but than you should look how much you pay for iracing for example... you're active here in the forum so you should know what RFactor 2 is, how small the business is, where RFactor 2 was three years ago, how much they archieved in the last years... the guys there work hard and i think they give their best... and the results are awesome (in my opinion) Yeah there are bugs and problems... but maybe you/we should look much more often what we have instead what isnt ok at the moment!
    The game looks great (my opinion - i dont like the look of pcars and AC-Comp. because of all the bling bling - i like the crispy look of iracing and rfactor)
    the physics are just mega...
    AI - best on the market
    we have rain, night, drying line, a mega sebring track and top quality mod tracks and cars like watkins glen, okayama, enduracers, btcc... ect ect... )

Yeah waiting for functions and bugs killing can be frustrating sometimes but this is not EA or Ubi Soft and this is not the First Person Shooter market... so the companys are smaller but their products last for years and grow...

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Game I bought many years ago is an evolving product, which will be updated and added to for many years, so the list of features will expand. :)

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I agree fully with your whole post, i just think official contents should be released with a quality standard that not only meets, what some of the great modders can do, but exceeds it

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm sure if the owner of S397 had a net worth of around US$2.6 billion, like the owner (John Henry) of iRacing has, things might be a tiny bit different.
    Then there is also their subscription revenue to take into account.
    Chalk and cheese really.

bwana likes this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any mod for rF2 currently available that is better than the official DLC packs, neither in terms of graphics nor physics.

7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@stonec
    Does URD version of ford gt for rf2 suck so hard? I mean if it have stupid geometry/texture errors or low poly textures or bad textures in cockpit i won't buy it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

thread closed - (this is going nowhere)

Dookie, Bjørn, lagg and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.