Steering input multiplying

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lmp2, Feb 17, 2019.

1. lmp2

lmp2 Registered

I am using a Simucube OSW wheel with MMos. I am not able to get the RF2 steering to respond to the wheel input 1:1. The RF2 car is currently steering with double the input of the actual wheel. I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, I just can't find it in the threads on a Sunday afternoon!

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At the wheel calibration screen set the linearity to 50%. Papyrus/Sierra/iRacing users are used to a setting near 100% for full linearity, but ISI based sims work differently. To be fully linear in rF2, 50% gives you the same response all across the arc of travel. Less than 50% is helpful on speedways as it slows down the initial inputs, smoothing out your straight line driving. Over 50% creates a faster initial turn-in and is helpful at circuits with lots of tight corners.(think Monaco)
    I'm not sure this is what you are experiencing, but it is one place to start.

3. lmp2

lmp2 Registered

thanks for the input, but this isn't the actual issue (which I prob haven't explained very clearly). What is happenning is that the RF2 car wheel is doing 2 full rotations per 1 rotation of steering input.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

sounds familiar, but not familiar enough that I can remember the solution. Hopefully we'll keep the thread active til someone else pops inl
    I guess ONE solution would be to turn off the wheel graphics in the controller. json. I was never a fan of that, but others insisted since they had a wheel on their desk, they didn't need or shouldn't need to see one on-screen.